Hope (Blue Lantern Powerset?)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solarverse, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/will-water-powers-suck.255926/
  2. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

OMG No more lantern powers for christ sake
    • Like x 1
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh so they'd just have been Green/Yellow Lanterns temporarily then? Much like...male Star Sapphires :eek:
  4. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

Indigos are Lawfully neutral at best they are not a heroic lantern core they are described as neutral as per DC Comics so it fits there lore to be neutral. Show me any proof other then your personal belief which goes against lore because they are neither good nor bad. Compassion varies to the situation it is possibly to be compassionate about a villain the joker's insanity, something that in canon lore DC Comics own God can not even judge him for and decide to help him. So stop stating Indigos are heroic only unless you have proof they are heroic only. And to be honest if it came down to wanting to actually sell more of the power if it came down to Indigo and Sapphire Indigo would more then likely sell more because the average DCUO player has no idea a man was a temporary core member for a few they only think its female only even though there character maybe able to choose would most of the standard males want to be a Star Sapphire which is more of a Controller Lantern then healer while Indigo can use the powers of other cores so there you go Orange Star Sapphire and Blue all in that Indigo ring using Hope to heal and still giving Star Sapphire fans the crystal stuff.

There is a saying about the Indigo Enity Rage grows from murder. Hope from prayers. And compassion is offered to US ALL. not just heroic people but villains also
  5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I´m a huge Lantern fan, so i support this idea. Imagine a raid group full of lanterns!
  6. darth_paul Dedicated Player

The only real lore problem with Blues is that they can't really do much on their own and are basically just support for Greens. However, they've already pretty much thrown that out in game with the iconic Blues that you can play with right? So, if they've already gotten rid of that restriction and Blues can operate in the game just like any other colored Lantern then what is the problem with making it another full power for the players. Honestly, I think that the restrictions put on the Blue Corps is rather stupid in the comics as well and they should just get rid of it completely.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

DC's also never stated that Daybreak has violated lore either. You have, but they haven't. And if DC's not getting their nose bent out of shape over it, why are you?

You're also talking about lore that has been subject to change, retcons and reboots on a regular basis over the years (with another similar event just about to start, in fact). That could bring up a whole other discussion about which lore should be followed and so on.

Honestly it's starting to sound like you're not as upset about them "violating" lore as you are upset that they aren't using lore that fits what you want to do in-game.
  8. Knightfall Evolution New Player

Not quite, the villians powerset could be based on orange lanterns. Just like with fear and will, this will be Hope and Greed
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Except Fear and Will work almost identically in the comics whereas Hope and Greed have nothing in common in the way that they battle.
  10. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Except that the Star Sapphires never banned males from joining. Geoff Johns stated that men can join and there have been males wielding Violet Light. Where as villains are not allowed to join the Green Lanterns and heroes who oppose Sinestro to join the Sinestro Corps.

The Indigos are majority heroic. Once the Indigo ring gets on a person namely a villain it floods them with Compassion turning them into heroic beings who desire to help people. An Indigo Lantern would not be willing to do the villainous things required for villain characters.

Also faithful DC readers know that the Star Sapphires have had male members as well and there are many people who would like to make a Star Sapphire male especially for originality's sake. Making the Star Sapphire power open for all would only increase sales. Also of the three Indigo is requested probably the least. The majority of people either want Blue Lantern powers or Star Sapphire powers. Further more Star Sapphire powers do have some healing powers however as I have stated before I would be fine with say making the Star Sapphire power a power mode variation of say Hard Light which it already is in game. I would just want the power to be for both genders and factions and to give males iconic Star Sapphire gear as it violates lore to make the gear female only.

Next the Indigo Lanterns do have Compassion to all but at the same time they strive to stop villains in order to help the people they are harming as well as to possibly rehabilitate the villains themselves. So they are mostly heroic.
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Do you have that sentence about Geoff Johns on your copy/paste clipboard permanently? You don't know if someone is evil just by looking at them. Also, Soranik Natu would like to have a word with you about Sinestro not allowing people who oppose him to join his corps. Not only did she join his corps, Sinestro gave her a ring personally despite the fact she has been one of the characters most vocal about their disdain for Sinestro.
  12. krytine Loyal Player

If you think about it the devs have said no blue lantern. And they have not said no to a lantern healer so it seems the are looking for a balanced power to be both villian and hero. To me if you have one be both then maybe indigo is probably the best choice if you are looking for the m9st kick ars then it would have to be white or black. We just got a great look at black lantern powers with the conclusion of WoTL so maybe it would be get and yes we have a troll and tank lantern so yeah we need a healer lantern just not now let's finally have our water power and get past this. We have been promised water and wind for a long long time then it got selved .
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I don't believe the devs have ever said there will never be a blue set or a healer set. Mepps did say last year or the year before though that there would not be a white or black lantern power set. Also Wind was never a promised a power, so it hasn't been shelved because it was never on the cards in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  14. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

I can't find the exact thread, but I think you are right. When talking about a Blue Lantern powerset, I believe Mepps said something along the lines of: "...As of now, there are currently no plans at this time."
    Key words: now, and no plans at this time.
    It doesn't mean NO, NEVER.
    I'll try to find Mepps thread where he was talking about it.
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.
  16. MariaTenebre Committed Player

When Sinestro turned evil the Green Lantern Corps kicked him out. Also when you start doing evil things that is a pretty good clue that you might be evil and when Sinestro started doing the evil things that he did he was kicked out. Also Soranik Natu is Sinestro's daughter so of course he would have some affection for her. However if you say were a regular Yellow Lantern who opposed Sinestro and fought against the Corps most likely your ring would be taken away from you.
  17. Solarverse Committed Player

Kimone....as you so delicately put it the last time we conversed, you expressed your absolute distaste toward me and even explicitly made yourself very clear that you were placing me on your ignore list. Just so that I make myself clear here, I rather enjoyed being on your ignore list. I didn't have to put up with your condescending and very much rude, childlike behavior. If I recall, that is exactly what you accused me of being. Yet here you are, acting out in just the very way you accused me of being.

So if you could kindly place me back on your ignore list, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.
  18. Solarverse Committed Player

It has been over a year since I last read any of DC or Marvel. I did read all the Lantern New 52 comics up until they threatened to drop the GL Corps comic. Refresh my memory if you would please. What happened between Arkillo and Sinestro to split the Yellow Lanterns? Was it because he was working with the GL's? I may be confusing the cartoon with the comic.
  19. MariaTenebre Committed Player

As I have stated before DC is pretty lenient on them violating lore on certain things and while I am aware that the lore is constantly changing the Star Sapphires have never been female only and it violates lore to make them so not only that but it is also sexist to make them female only as males have the ability to love as well as females and there have been males wielding the power.
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Just walk away, no, no run, run away, as fast as you can.

You have stepped into a world devoid of all logic and reason, there is only a singular belief that can never be changed. It does not matter what anyone says, she will always find a way to prove her belief true. Even if Geoff Johns spoke in opposition to her belief (which his original statement that she uses already does) she will not waver.
    • Like x 3