Test Discussion Episode 41: Allies Balance Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elusian Crowd Control

What I find nice is that Flashpoint Batmans 3 grenades have a chance to hit one target the closer the player is. So there is a slight payoff for melee dps. However the damage is barely on Cyborgs level and only in Cyborgs worst state it competes.

Cyborg has one major issue with its projectiles that are physical and can bounce of environment.
    You get usually 3 ticks of Cyborg. However, if you pin a boss or adds at a wall or - even better - in a corner, the projectiles can multi-hit so instead of 3 ticks you can get up to 6 ticks. On a single target at cr340 you can get a variable rate between ~350k and ~700k damage. Even at normal 3 ticks Cyborg does its job slightly better than the rest (in comparison to other pure single target allies, who hover around 330 - 360k at cr340). With a coordinated group and the chance to multiple times reset Cyborg with the passive ability of Emperor Aquaman the damage is skyrocketing to a degree where I have my doubts that this is in the interest of the devs.

The problem here is again the projectiles, basically like sorcery projectiles but vice-versa ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It would be pretty great to get a update on what is working properly and what is not, the episode is at most 8 days away and we have some stuff all over the place (aoe/single target damage, aquaman passive), not to mention we still dont have details on damage/passives for each leve. If something isnt scalling correctly theres no way to know for sure.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

8 days? Did they give a date that I missed (serious question not being sarcastic)? Updates usually happen on Thursday so I believe that the update will most likely happen on Thursday. However the current even is ending Tuesday which hints at an early release date of Wednesday. At this point I don’t think any major changes will happen. It’s also the weekend so any updates they give will mostly come in tomorrow. Maybe a final patching coming tomorrow as well before it goes live.
  4. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Nah, they didnt. I also believe it will launch next week, but worst case scenario 8 days away.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Gotcha. You seemed so sure I thought I missed something lol. I also find it a little strange that no release date was officially announced. Could’ve sworn one is usually made a week before. But regardless, I’d rather it be delayed and fix anything that needs to be fixed instead of releasing something that’s unfinished
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

No, it could very well get pushed to Sept.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You have a better chance of seeing the Sun rise in the West and set in the East before you see them hold back a game update.
    • Like x 3
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Even if half the stuff is still broken, unbalanced and/or unplayable? I'm pretty sure one of the devs already said there was a chance it could.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’d rather it be pushed back if more bugs are present and they are fixing them. Technically if they did the update on the last day of august than people can’t “technically” cry about it since no office release date was announced lol
  10. Eve YouTuber

Will future Allies hit test before being released on live?
    • Like x 1
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

13. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Allies are not ready, launching them in their current state is a mistake.

Requests have been made by multiple testers for clarification on multiple aspects of the ally system. There has been an alarming lack of information and interaction. We can't test and give proper feedback if we don't know the intent of various aspects of the ally system. I understand being busy, but dev interaction is a critical part of testing.

Outliers aside, AoE damage splits so heavily that the entire ally system is near pointless in combat outside of single target. Unless the intent was to have the Flash be so weak he struggles to fight off even a small group.

Single target allies should do a noticeable damage increase over AoE allies in a single target situation, that is not currently the case. AoE allies should so a noticeable damage increase over single target ones in AoE situations, that is not currently the case.

Again, outliers aside, the allies are all lumped together into one big hodge podge pile of mediocrity.

Many of the passives have been fixed, so that's good at least.

This is a system that people are going to be spending time (and likely money) on. It deserves to launch in a polished state. Players shouldn't have to wonder if the ally they're investing in will see drastic balance changes due to a rushed launch. Delaying the entirety of Episode 41 is not needed but allies should not launch.
    • Like x 3
  14. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Did at least the Aquaman passive get fixed? Last I checked we could still summon 3 allies at once. Some of the other issues like cyborg projectile can be fixed live as buffing is easier than nerfing after people spent money, but the aquaman passive was game breaking.
    I couldnt log in in the past few days, so Im sorry if it was fixed and I didnt see.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Servers were down since Wednesday I believe. (at least for me) I have not tried to reset multiple times on the test server so no idea. I was hoping to test out some of the changes before they went live but havent been able to get on the test server.
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Broken-
    The Aquaman Supercharge support ability is completely broken.
    It does not work.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

To answer your question: Yes.
    • Like x 1
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Is Zoom supposed to be doing undivided AoE damage? Flash is doing proper damage division, but Zoom isn't.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I asked this but nothing was said unfortunately. Haven’t been able to get on to see if it was still doing this. If it stays you will be seeing zoom everywhere
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Professor Zoom Universe Online :D
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.