Test Discussion Episode 41: Allies Balance Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

How quickly does Flash’s passive kick in? Does it still work if I’m in combat but not attacking or being attacked? Because I would love that for grapple lining between cogs.
  2. RTX Well-Known Player

It kicks in after 2 seconds, compared to the regular 4 seconds. It also works when beeing in combat, just not when still beeing attacked.
    (Aslong you not getting hits)
    • Like x 1
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That’s pretty sweet. Does this or any other passive have visual effects?
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Half of the time i used allies in content without a tank. They either got stuck or focused the wrong target if i switched it around 2 seconds bofore summoning. Would be a great change to be able to directly impact the ally focus by target locking the wanted enemy.
    • Like x 2
  5. Falagon Developer

There should be a very brief visual affect when the passive first kicks in, but it is small. We really don't want more than that as we are trying to keep as much of a lid on visual clutter as we can and still communicate what is going on.
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Honestly, I’d have been happy with no visuals. Hopefully it really is brief. It was such a headache for me when artifacts started getting visuals, trying to balance effectiveness with thematic cohesion.
    • Like x 1
  7. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Aquaman cool down passive was fixed which was needed but these allies are still lack luster as heck. Having these go live as is, is going to be a major let down for many players as well as a major profit loss. Many players are saying these are not it if they cost any decent amount of money compared to arts many people going to leave them unleveled until the next batch of allies come.
    • Like x 1
  8. noway bro New Player

At the moment the raid elite is absolutely useless,because you just need batman for finish it.
    Batman does all the work alone, it look like event mode.
    I really hope that you nerf batman, because there is no need to play the raid, it is really useless, in a week we will have already abandoned the game for the low difficulty, all this because of the ally batman does everything by himself. In fos 2 you just have to use batman and the boss stays still all the time and there are no mechanics
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

black on dark background is fairly unreadable, however it doesnt matter anyway since your complaint was in a hotfix earlier this night.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?posts/4423470/
    • Like x 3
  10. Elusian Crowd Control

Have you tested after the hotfix. Batman is fine now but Aquaman still resets fully and I can still spawn multiple allies at once with him. Tested litterally 5 minutes ago =)
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I haven’t been able to get one test after the fix. Does aquamans reset have an extended cooldown?
  12. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Sorry Elusian my reply is based off reading the hotfix text that Aquaman cool down passive was nerfed to the ground. I still stand by saying bugs aside the normal function of the allys excluding the clear unintended stuff "Aquaman cooldown passive and batman stun locking" the other alleys leave much to be desired. Been sick for a couple days with Covid is Zoom still doing great damage? If so he should be used as the staple cause he the only one worth spending real money on outside of aquaman for his passive.
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It looks like the hotfix didn't go through, you can still have up to 3 allies with the aquaman passive and the reset cooldown remains buggy.

Bug: If you swap allies after the aquaman passive resets a cooldown, it'll work like it didn't (the ally you swapped in will remain on cooldown).
    Edit: I guess it was because I swapped to aquaman lol
  14. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Our pets are still much stronger than our allies, I don't know if this is intended, but it doesn't make much sense that a small bird can deal more damage than a maxed out flash
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Keep in mind that its not "just pets" but Tier 3 pets that are much stronger.
    Also keep in mind, that this system shouldnt be there to make us much stronger but to please all those players that requested to play with their most favourite heroes and villains.

Making them any stronger than they are now makes it either impossible to balance content properly anymore or results in a major P2W outcry wich would be justified.

I feel like they are in a good spot in terms of damage for endgame content.

Just make them more powerful in outdated content since thats where most players that requested these play around anyway and keep them as strong as they are for endgame content.
    • Like x 5
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This^^^

Allies should not be another form of MUST HAVE to do content. We have enough things we MUST HAVE. These are good as additives that won’t break the game the way Batman was breaking the game on test. You have a damage check mechanic? Everyone summon your allies to help you break it but you still have to put in your work too. Not let the allies do the work so that I can skip the mechanic.

I do think they should deal the same damage as a t3 pet. Difference being that thr allies do that damage within a few seconds.
    • Like x 4
  17. RTX Well-Known Player

Just to have it clarified, the Zoom passive ability does now increase all movement, also in combat. I´ve talked with some testers and most are cool with it, from our opinion it can stay like that (changing Zoom´s passive description to "increases movement speed"). But you have to decide that.
  18. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Is it looking like things will stay as is or are you still considering what changes might be made?

And for Queen Diana, the passive that debuffs weapon attacks when you pull, does that apply to only your target or does it apply to all NPCs that get pulled? And if it applies to all NPCs pulled, would that synergize with the Lasso artifact?
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I haven’t retested the allies yet since my last post in here. I did get on last night to see the damage but saw zoom was still hitting for 2mil+ aoe.

I’ll retest the passives tomorrow if I get the chance but what are the plans for allies before it goes live? Is zooms damage intended?
  20. Ranmaru Developer

Sorry, I've been busy grinding getting everything in a good state for y'all, but when it comes to damage. the expected damage of an ally without explicitly saying how strong we want them to be should be a decent amount of your damage when related to its cooldown.

Cooldown of allies is roughly 90 seconds so they should be a reasonable addition to your 90s damage rotation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.