Test Discussion Episode 41: Allies Balance Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Anything on aquamans pet passive yet? Has it worked for anyone?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have tested the allies again after the patch. The allies all do roughly the same damage so they are balanced more or less. The outliner is cyborg who will do more or less damage depending on how many ticks he launches. Sometimes few connect so damage is lower other timer all connect making them do a lot more damage than the rest. So risk reward?

On aoe however there is still a clear winner. All allies that have aoe damage will split heavily so their aoe damage is roughly the same as ST. Intended? Zoom on the other hand does not clip at all. What ever damage he does on ST he will do time however many adds there are. I’m the 8 targets in the league hall war room he is hitting for 2 millions while others hit roughly 250k. Other outliners are cyborg for same reason as before however he splits. And Batman. His grenades don’t split (tested on 3 targets next to each other) but they have very limited range so you won’t be hitting to high with him.

As for passives. Aquaman is still instantly resetting cooldowns of allies combat attacks.

Tested cyborgs passive power regen. Using a stop watch (viable to human error) it took 19.56 seconds to refill power bar without cyborg. And roughly 19.47 seconds with him on. So either cyborg passive isn’t working. Or his passive isn’t stacking with superpowered specs. Will test with the other specs when I get a chance.

Batman’s precision bases heal is still not working. Cant get it to activate. It was listed as being activated with your weapon buff which isn’t working.

House of legend not is still refilling full power.

For those wondering:
    Batman passive gives about 2k defense. Very minimal unfortunately (as dps. Will test with other roles later)
    Cant test WW might buff since I wasn’t able to find someone to find a group with.

As for after thoughts. Are the changes in the patch notes live on test server? Is so a lot go the changes didn’t go through. If they aren’t up on the test server when will they be up?
    • Like x 3
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Batmans grenades can easily miss, so i think its a good thing they dont split. Zoom should definitely be brought down in terms of damage. I dont mind him doing more damage than others but its just ridiculous for now.

Also, Cyborgs attack is colliding with physical objects, meaning this could change the way players want tanks to pull adds or ceratin bosses towards walls in order to maximise their damage. (Just wanted the devs to keep that in mind)
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I think zooms damage is fine. The issue for me is the spitting. Since it doesn’t split at all he is just the default combat Allie. He does roughly the same ST as others but without splitting there is no point in using anyone else
    • Like x 1
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well, yes. Shouldve clarified i was talking only about AoE dmg.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The issue now is that I don’t even know if what im testing is true. The update patches say that cyborg and house of legend bot passives were fixed but when tested last night the both still seemed the same. Made me wonder if the patch even went through. Hoping one of the devs could confirm
    • Like x 1
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

in any case its gonna be worse regarding zoom.
  8. RTX Well-Known Player

-House of Legend Bot does work in Controller role. (Effect occur once every 20 secs when using a stun ability)

-Cyborg passive power regeneration doesnt work.
    -Batman 2nd passive ability doesnt work.
    -Queen Diana both passives do not work. (1.Pull in DPS/Tank role 2. Neither with breakout trinket or normal breakout)
    -Aquaman 1st passive ability (Wrong description or not fixed, does not reduce cooldown/it resets it)
    For those who asked second ability increases power based pet damage by 25%
    -Zoom passive does now increase all movement also in combat.

All other Allys should work correctly. (I focused only on reverse engineering their passives)
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Care to give me a run down on how the aquaman pet passive works? Triggers basically. Like you have to actually summon/ resummon your pet to activate it? And about how long is the damage buff active? Looking like I'll have time to get on test this weekend finally. But till then, thank you.
    • Like x 1
  10. RTX Well-Known Player

Good that you asked that, i´ve checked it now again and it doesnt increase. I guess i was focusing on damage/s only yesterday, the increase been caused by the pet getting power back, which lets it strike about 25% higher for the first 10 secs based on damage per sec. With that in mind there is no pet increase with Aquaman passive at all, you´re right there its also not working!:mad:
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Haha yeah testing pets is difficult on sparring targets since they keep getting randomly powered up. I'm just gonna go with that passive still doesn't work
    • Like x 2
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I thought that the activation of the passive occurs through the pet trinket, since after using the pet trinket, the damage of the main pet increased by about 10% ... the problem is that the pet's damage increases by these 10% after calling the pet trinket, regardless of the presence of the passive skill ...
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    "The House of Legends Bot's passive will now return a lesser, more appropriate amount of power."

The passive is still providing a full power heal.
    • Like x 1
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Is Queen Diana's "Take That" passive working? I'm testing this in Flashpoint Gotham recording damage ticks from just standing in front of the enemy and immediately after pulling. I'm not seeing any noticeable difference in the damage I'm receiving.
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I did t say that the bot didn’t work. I said that it’s the same. Before the patch it was restoring full power bar. The patch says that the power given has been reduced which it hasn’t. So it’s still the same.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I'm trying out Queen Diana's "Don't Weaken" passive and it doesn't appear to be working. I grouped up with several players, asked them to note their Might stat, I used a breakout trinket, and they reported the same Might stat.
    • Like x 1
  17. RTX Well-Known Player

Sorry for that, was only reading your last post and instantly tested, while i dont understand how any of you could state what the best amount of power back should be, since it obviously isn´t giving full power back (Atleast now, might be depending on combat rating, since it obviously isnt the percentage of power otherwise it would be full power even in lower content, didn´t tested in latest content) + that it only occur every 20 secs.

Well, they need to work on their descriptions of the allys + more detail in numbers what will happen.

I get out of this thread, all bugs been reported, they said they´re fixed, most of them aren´t. No reason for conversations about it.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It may not be easy to define how much it should be but refilling your bar every 20 seconds is to much. While I was in dps I drained my full bar and on CC my bar was maxed out. This is something that would normally be hard to do in combat since you won’t be actively trying to drain it. If you look at it from a raid/alert standpoint the only ones that will be able to use this effectively would be trolls and tanks since they can reliably CC adds in content with a dom check. At the most I’d say 20% with the 20 second timer. Even that might be to high.

As for the “no reason for conversations” if something went wrong than it’s more reason to talk with the devs. Believe it or not they are actually listening and communicating. I suspect that the coding for the ally patch just didn’t get put in. If that’s the case easy fix. If it did go through and they are still messed up than they will look for what’s preventing the changes. No need to be negative
  19. RTX Well-Known Player

It just feels like some people making there way into the forum for no reason. I‘m honestly mad about that and more the type of person who wants true statements if something been fixed or not, it makes testing easier we’re putting our time into it. I don’t wanna be negative therefore i‘m leaving this thread, i may just have a bad day.
  20. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Only had time to test single target so far and I'm failing to see the benefit to using an ally with a single target attack. With the exception of 2 allies (Batman and Cyborg), they all did very close to the same damage with slight boosts as you increase rarity. A single target ally provided no increase in damage over an AoE ally. That doesn't seem right.

Batman did enough extra damage to make him a solid choice as single target best. I'm accounting for reliability and consistency when I say this.

Cyborg, by far, has the highest potential, doing double the damage of others (about 40-50% more than Batman). But wow, unreliable. If his attacks struggle to reliably hit a stationary sparring target..... doing it on moving targets with the full Pokemon crew out and about..... I can see the damage tanking well below any of the other allies.

Will look at three and eight man balance as time permits.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.