Test Discussion Episode 41: Allies Balance Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    It looks like yesterday's hotfix implemented some of the fixes mentioned from a couple of days ago.

House of Legends Bot
    The passive is only returning a fraction of my power bar now.

Queen Diana
    Don't Weaken - There are 3 people in the group, I use a Breakout trinket, and there is no Might boost.
    Take That - Appears to be working.

Flashpoint Batman
    Sole Detective - My Defense went from 60665 to 69764 in the latest patch.
    Combat Suture - Is there an internal cooldown on this ability? It only works 2 out of 4 times in this video:

It would be nice if the descriptions mentioned the cooldowns on abilities.

Emperor Aquaman
    Hear My Call - If this is only going to work with certain pets, the description needs to mention that. I'm not seeing any difference with Suppressor Turret.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ranmaru Developer

Queen Diana
    Sadly, for Don't weaken it activates on ability use (which regular breakout when stunned counts) but the trinkets are a different category and won't activate this ability

Flashpoint Batman
    Combat suture has an internal cooldown that varies based on rank.

Emperor Aquaman
    I'll make sure this works with Suppressor turret, it should work with any pet you can place on your 1-6.
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Could you possibly tell us what is supposed to trigger the pet buff? Is it when we summon them only and if so, is it a 10sec/30sec buff or whatever? It's already hard to test pets due to them being powered by whatever is filling their bars up so they will have to be tested out in the "wild" and knowing if it's triggered by summoning or feeding (suppressor even get fed?) or just a random passive would be super helpful. Thanks for the updates!

(The reason I'm asking what triggers it is because of suppressor btw. It's already a known clipping thing to summon, explode then resummon, over and over so if this is triggered by summoning, turret is going to have yet another huge advantage which is only going to make a lot of non gadget users very angry about balance. You've probably seen the 15 threads going on about it in the last month alone)

((so yeah, hoping this isn't triggered by summoning because no one summons fury or brick/ crystal, they're just out non stop unless killed, gadgets doesn't need anymore help being the strongest powerset lol))
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Should House of Legends Bot's Power Thief be compatible with the stun from Circe's Mask? Sometimes this combination works. Sometimes it doesn't.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    How potent is the heal on Combat Suture supposed to be? Every time I've tried it, it has healed me back from very low health to full health.
  6. Ranmaru Developer

It should be 50% of your precision when it activates, although that might be too high.

To answer Hellstrokes question, its a proc that checks for when a pet is summoned to the field then does an aoe targeting pets to give them a boost for a short period of time.
    • Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The 50% Precision part seems to be bugged then. A non-crit heal from Combat Suture healed me for 175059 and I only had 42792 Precision.

Here is a demonstration:
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oooff. Yeah, may want to keep suppressor turret off the list of usable pets. That's gonna be super OP if there isn't a cooldown timer to it. As is now, the turret is probably called in 25x more than a fury or brick in a single fight.

Edit: or make it not take effect for 30secs after summoning or some sort of delay so it isn't just- summon get bonus, unsummon, resummon get bonus again over and over. Cuz they resummon in a blink compared to the time it takes fury or brick or any other class pet.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I take it that the pet actually needs to be summoned in and not jump cancelled for the bonus to proc? If not, then yea, it's OP.

Though I'm honestly weirded out this is not a bonus that will just stay passively, I'll have to keep resummoning pets for it to kick in? Seems annoying tbh.
    • Like x 1
  10. Rejchadar Inquisitor

It seems to me that something is not working like this:

11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Perhaps the problem is in my bad English, but I don’t understand how to activate this passive skill ... the only increase in pet damage that I could fix only when calling trinket pets (for example, if you call "Father Box" or "Source Lightnig Shard Turret", then the damage of the Crystal Golem or Brick Golem will increase on 10 %)...
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, if I have to keep resummoning fury, I'm not using it. Tales way to long to pull him down and then resummon and then use godwave. Just not going to be useful.

As far as suppressor goes, I know that it's a clippable thing meaning it's a much faster setup and desummoning causes an explosion that also does damage and then resummoning takes no time at all from what I'm told. So I'd switch to gadgets, still buff it with godwave maybe since I'd be prec and it would be getting like a 250% buff every time I brought it out? I'm all for it being able to apply to turret but not without specifically balancing it because we all know that someone is going to figure out how to make it all really op. I don't know enough about it other than what I've read so I'll leave it to the experts. But either way, it sounds like that needs to be made to perform like all other powerset pets for many reasons, this is just another possible one in a seemingly long list of reasons.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I don't know from where you heard it. But Supressor takes just as long as RSK to be summoned in (in fact, I'd say it's worse. Because it only spawns once the whole action bar is filled and, unlike RSK, you cannot cancel the animation without interrupting the summon). Also, the desummoning explosion does not cause any damage. It's Holographic Decoy's self-destruct button that does so.

Edit: Your post gave me the idea to test something. I went around to test Holographic Decoy self-destruct with Source Shard... spoiler alert, it's a disappointment...
    • Like x 2
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Ok, ignore me then. Must be getting confuse with clipping techniques and not having a clue what the holographic effect is lol. But also sad that source doesn't buff the explosion cuz after reading whatever I read, I wanted to make a kamikaze setup with one. Oh well, back on topic we go
    • Like x 1
  15. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Have now had the chance to test allies on the three sparring targets in the league hall.

In a word, confusing. Flash, Aquaman, Calculator, Oracle and HoL Bot all do pretty much the same basic damage. Batman is slightly ahead of those five. Zoom and Cyborg (even with the unreliability) are the only ones that do close to what I expected from an AoE test.

It's no surprise that single target allies do exactly what they do in a single target test. But the damage splitting is so severe for most AoE allies that I have to believe things are not working as intended. Only Zoom and Cyborg felt appropriate.

I'm basing my views off how allies feel in comparison to an orbital strike. I figured they should be roughly just under 1/3 the output of an orbital strike assuming you play to the ally strength. And by that I mean a single target ally should be a clear DPS gain over an AoE ally in a single target situation. And an AoE ally should be superior in AoE situations.

Other parts of this update are shaping up nicely. Allies..... need serious work.

Note: I'm only part way through my 8 man testing but results look similar to 3 man testing.
  16. XBARRYALLEN777 New Player

Instead of 100% of power returned. What is the fraction % after updated for house of legends bot power return?
  17. Secret Son of Krypton Level 30

#noalliessystem Maybe address actual problems in the game instead of introducing more pay to win nonsensical crafting that has nothing to do with our own character creation.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was getting about ~22000 per Power Thief tick while testing in Flashpoint Gotham.
  19. XBARRYALLEN777 New Player

Thank you, also is there a video or feedback somewhere about the passive power regen from cyborg? I like being self sufficient & I enjoy running a standard pure troll
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As a troll you could probably run both cyborg and the bot if you never want to worry about power lol. There really aren’t to many that will out right change much for trolls. You could use zoom to gain slightly increased movement or aquaman to reset allies. Flash to get out of combat stance quicker but nothing really screams “troll” just yet.

Regardless I’m hoping to get some free time tomorrow to retest after the updates were introduced.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.