Test Discussion Episode 41: Allies Balance Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy Everyone! Today we are showing off a our new allies system; please speak with the PvE Vendor in the Hall of Legends to pick up a test box that contains everything you need to test and level up.

Please post any and all Balance Feedback you have, if you have more general feedback please post it in the General Allies thread.
    • Like x 1
  2. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Aquaman ally requires an internal cooldown timer on its passive to reduce cooldowns. Currently it does not reduce cooldown but instead resets the cooldown of the ally combat ability. You could run multiple supercharges and summon the same ally three times with only 2 supers.

- Ally 1
    - SC
    - Ally 2
    - SC
    - Ally 3

If this is intended it would be kinda broken since 1. The text is wrong and should be saying resets cooldowns and not reduce and 2. You could be spamming supers and just keep resetting making this passive a must have for pretty much every role.

Maybe put a 45 second internal cooldown on this passive so that it can not be used multiple times in a row. Or fix it and make it reduce cooldowns by 15% or some smart number you guys can come up with.
  3. inferno Loyal Player

I really wish we could have different levels of each of the allies able to equip for testing. I don't see how we can delete an ally once we equip it. This is just for purely testing purposes only. I only did a bare minimal test. Specifically between Reverse Flash and the big Robot (not Calc Bot).

Reverse Flash on the first Tier, I forgot to record damage but required 1680 exp. to go to tier 2
    on tier 2 damage was around 286167 total and required 3300 exp to go to tier 3
    on tier 3 damage was around 362252 total and required 5500 exp to go to tier 4
    on tier 3 damage was around 511202 total

On the Big Bot on the first tier damage was only 60427 and required 500 exp to go to tier 2
    on tier 2 damage was around 160696 and required 1500 exp to go to tier 3
    on tier 3 damage was around 160876 (Same damage on 2 attempts) and required 2500 exp to go to tier 4
    on tier 4 damage was around 231974

I got booted out of the system after this. Because of the looooong cooldown in-between use, it really will take patience to get a proper sampling of the damage and the fact that we can't level down or equip a lower tiered version of the same ally makes it harder to re-confirm the previous damage result.

If the damage is relatively as expected; assuming the Big Bot is a good base for damage, coupled that the Big Bot has fewer level tiers than Reverse Flash, a player would assume that if we were to spend the same number of experience between the two allies, regardless of their tier levels, then they should produce the same damage?

My numbers say that on Reverse Flash after spending 1680 exp to get him to tier 2, he was able to damage 286k
    Meanwhile on Big Bot after spending 4500 exp to get him to tier 4, only then was his damage get to 231k.

i will try to get more damage samples per Ally.

P.S. Flash is not doing anything. I summon him, he doesn't do any animation and then leaves. I do see damage in the after combat around 60k but I can't verify since I did not have my combat logs set to show damage out.

P.S.S. After relogging I find that my Big Bot (shock Jock) has been reduced back to tier 3, so i don't know if my damage record between tier 2 and tier 3 is valid. I AM positive that he was tier 4 before since I know how much exp it takes to go to tier 4 and the tier 4 recorded higher damage.
  4. inferno Loyal Player

A comparison between the Flash and Reverse Flash ally, although both allies will required the same amount of exp. fed for each tier.

Reverse Flash damage
    Tier 1- ???; tier 2 - 286k; tier 3 - 362k; tier 4 - 411k and tier 5 - 491k

Flash damage
    tier 1 - 60k ; tier 2 - 86k; tier 3 - 112k; tier 4 - 138k and tier 5 - 168k

Regardless between 1 spar bot to 3 or 5 spar bots; the damage per is adjusted upon the number of enemies so that the total damage done is the same.

I think at this point I will leave to other testers to produce more damage numbers and comparison from other allies. It really takes too long on the cooldowns to test all the allies per tier without spending hours.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Some of the descriptions need to be better explained on the allies. I wasn’t able to test to much since it is late here.

Calc bots roll raid healing would proc on rolls but also if I was moved in any direction without rolling (not on every roll. I will have to test how often it procs.)
    I was not able to proc Batman’s combat suture. It says gain health then heal based on your precision. No idea what triggers is since the description doesn’t say it. Maybe I’m missing something since I’m tired right now lol.
    Aquamans hear my call is in the same boat as Batman’s combat suture. This says that summoned pets are temporarily buffed but it doesn’t say what triggers it. Again, could be missing something obvious. I’ll test more tomorrow.

Power thief…. Ummm… are these numbers supposed to be accurate on what will go live? It doesn’t have a long cooldown and when it procs I regained most of my power bar back. Intended?

I’ll have to test these when I’m more awake. Just thought I’d share these points.
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

So you have to roll to get a heal from Calculator?
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Aquaman passive isn't working properly, it doesn't reduce the cooldown, it resets it and it's inconsistent:
    Summon ally
    Use 25% sc -> cooldown resets
    summon ally
    use 50% sc -> cooldown resets
    summon ally -> You now have 3 allies at the same time
    use 50% sc -> nothing happens
    use 25% sc -> nothing happens
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It has an internal cooldown so you can’t spam SCs and have it constantly reset. Still need to test the exact cooldown of the passive but it looks like it’s about 40-45 seconds before it can be reset again.

Yes you have to roll. But is you are pushed back slightly than it will trigger as well. There is a cooldown so I need to test that as well. And the heals were above 7k so very low. Will need to test of resto affects it.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So the allies combat are extremely unbalanced. On the dev stream it was said that the numbers displayed on the stream weren’t accurate. Are the numbers in the stream the ones that we are testing? If so there is no way for us to test the real numbers. If the numbers that are on test are what we will get than there needs to be huge changes.

With zoom I am getting almost 2 mil damage within the 6 seconds he is up. With cyborg it is about 400k-660k depending on how many projectiles he shoots. Batman does about 500-570k depending on how his grenades land.

All other allies were not even getting to 300k. These were on 8 targets. Did not test single target because these numbers need to be looked at. Either you use zoom as combat or don’t bother using anyone. Paired with aquaman and I was getting 200k dps without buffs and lower stats than on live. At least aquamans passive has a cooldown or else the numbers would be far more insane.

As for the passives I have not been able to get Batman’s health and healing to work. I mean at all. The other thread says that it’s activated by weapon buff but nothing happens. And the robots power thief gives an insane amount of power filling me up to almost max if I can cc something.

Without knowing of these are intended or not than there isn’t much that can be tested.
    • Like x 1
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The passive for House of Legends Bot at max level is restoring 100% of my Power Bar every 20 seconds when I inflict a "STUN." The impression I had of allies is that these were intended as minor stat boosts. Getting a full power heal back feels like it is inconsistent with this description of the Ally system.
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Can you say spam orb of Arion lmao
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

ObsidianChill just showed summoning 3 Zooms. Would Circe Mask effect the heals from the roll heal proc?
  13. RTX Well-Known Player

Zoom: "Hotspot" passive ability will only increase Skimming and Flying Movement, doesn´t increase Superspeed or Acrobatics yeto_O
  14. Funkyjunk1 New Player

Aquamans combat aoe works well i suppose wide area aoe which is nice but not sure how much dmg he shld be doing...also now no matter what power i try with any pets his support role where he buffs pets is not working at all i have tried for hours now...am i doing something wrong? or is it only certain pets he will buff?
    • Like x 1
  15. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

I thought as much can't see any damage increase to the pets
  16. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Why continue to call it DLC/Episode? it's a major content addition, but it doesn't deserve this kind of statement, it's "misleading" I strongly invite you to reconsider the name of this content! ;)

Otherwise, I popped over to the server test and was pretty curious to see this allied system and even hyped, but that hype quickly fell away when I saw that it still had to be up like the artifacts, people are getting more and more full of the cumbersome crafting in DCUO and you're adding more, is this a way to motivate people to leave the game?

With this overdose of crafting in DCUO it will kill all motivation of players to make rerolls and possibly? kill the motivation of players to continue the adventure in DCUO...

Really disappointed by this choice for the "allies" system !!!
    • Like x 3
  17. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

fail :/
    • Like x 1
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

First, it is an episode. You get new gear which increases your cr. Secondly, allies are not crafting. Artifacts are not crafting. If you don’t like it then don’t play it. No one is forcing you to stay. This thread if for feedback not for you to cry about not liking it. There are plenty of other threads for you to do that in
    • Like x 1
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I have hardly done any tests yet, but according to the results of what I have already done, the healing increases with the increase of the Dom and the Resto, it also increases, for example, from the fire tank bonus .

forgot to add, skills at the moment are also triggered when jumping, and it also can crits ...
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Gotcha. Thanks for testing. I’ll try to confirm later today. So it follows the healing formula. That’s actually good. I’ll set up as a tank and see how much it heals for when I get on
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.