DCUO Teases Atlanteans and Superman's 80th in 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

i so badlly want to be able to telll people its in the marketplace but sometimes i think were paying their lawyer fees because Warner Brothers said No to them using their Emblems in 2016 So The Damn TCs Were Born as a result
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I agree. Imagine Clark Kent walking into the Daily Planet all jacked up on Steroids. Muscles bulging everywhere; creepy face.
    Those eyeglasses are no longer going to disguise him. He was an average man. It was who he was, and where he was from that made him "Super". Not his bulging muscles and steroids.
  3. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I do not miss the wrestler briefs; I do however miss the old face animations. Those were cool! The new faces, they are so-so at best but mostly weird. And not animated at all in the communicator when they give the mission brief.
    So hopefully the old face animations will return.
    • Like x 2
  4. DaBatmanX Well-Known Player

I don't think the new designs are that terrible. It's just anything u put beside Jim Lee's work is just seem poor in comparison
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

though i like the event version of all instances... i am not so sure if it is a good decission to make them open from level 10 allready. don't get me wrong: content for everyone, yeah, just: at level 10, i think the players are not ready yet. shouldn't those ppl prioritize to get to level 30 first, completing at least the last mentor mission and have all theyr powers unlocked, before entering the rest of content? just my oppinion. it is not as if it wouldn't be easy enough to complete the event missions. however: isn't it a little bit overwhelming for new players to get into those so early?
  6. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Like Harley Quinn, I believe Livewire was created for the Superman Animated Series, but I'm not entirely sure. She was a shock jock DJ, who hated everything about Superman, & trashed him to no end just to get ratings. (Kind of like Howard Stern at the time) she was putting on a show in Centennial Park in Metropolis. The weather turned nasty, with lightning being in the immediate area. The police tried to get her to leave, but she refused. Superman came in to intervene, and when lightning struck the stage setting it on fire, Superman pushed Livewire/Leslie Willis out of the way to keep her from getting hurt. Unfortunately, he was standing on a wire when lightning struck the stage a second time, sending electricity through Superman and into Willis, changing her appearance.

Earth742, there is another version of Live Wire related to the Legion of Super Heroes, but it wasn't a female. Its actually Garth Ranzz aka Lightning Lad.
  7. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I may have fudged my memory, but I was pretty sure there was a storyline with Garth's sister, Pre-Crisis. But I can't find any reference to it now. So Lightning Lass may or may not have informed the creation of Livewire. And the way they reintroduced the Legion was confusing, to say the least.
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Forgive me if I misread, was an open world atlantis zone said to be in this next episode?
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

No mention was made about open world in the Atlantis portion ,.... There will be a "sub station" sort of outppost. i may have open world or just missions. The above water content involving Starro will have open world content ..
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Nope the time capsules were Jack's idea he created them when he was in charge of Star Trek online . The stuff from BvS was never suppose to be around permanently that was a miscommunication om DCUO's part.
  11. DaBatmanX Well-Known Player

This would be the perfect opportunity some iconic weapons like steel's kinetic hammer or aqualads water weapons
    • Like x 1
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

To make it even more confusing, Lightning Lad actually went by the name Livewire for awhile. :)
  13. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Shock Jock is a term used to describe radio personalities who's shows are deliberately controversial, a la Howard Stern. Wasn't live wire a loud mouth DJ before she got her powers? I honestly am not sure, but I think she was.

Anyway, I think thats where the reference comes from, although I agree, the costume is barely reminiscient of hers.
    • Like x 3
  14. TheBossManDJ New Player

yes I know. I was joking around.. even tho I wish he were dead..
  15. Dashing New Player

all good but u can put at least 1 pvp map per episode ?? please help the pvp
  16. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Very, very nice Dev's............Re: Superman's 80th Anniversary: "ABOUT DAMN TIME!" - Lebron Voice....
  17. DC Urban Committed Player

So....Superman emblem, nope?
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Personally, I think that can remain as is, since there's never been a seasonal in January until last year, and it gives a nice break from whatever content gets dropped in November.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I used to think this too...but as we've gotten more grindy content in the last couple of years, i'm kind of glad that this seasonal is one of the few that's quick to run on multiple toons daily.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1