DCUO Teases Atlanteans and Superman's 80th in 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2018.

1. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Hopefully this means we might finally get the Superman Emblem (Rebirth or normal) and hopefully some Superboy stuff.
    • Like x 3
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

This Death of Superman Event sounds like it's PVP.
    Am I right?
    • Like x 1
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I just hope they do something for Catwoman. After all, she got *engaged* to Bruce!
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So is my villain the only villain who would actually want to save Superman? I know he’s a nuisance but he’s also Earth’s greatest weapon against extraterrestrial and extradimenional threats to MY planet.
    • Like x 3
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Now if only Lex could get over his insecurities and figure that out before it’s too late :D
    • Like x 2
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

To be fair I think he has. I mean, how long did he have that krytonite spear that he threw at Ultraman? He could have used that on our Superman at any moment...
    • Like x 2
  7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I don’t think he has, I think he just never had an opportunity to use it
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m not so sure, a similar spear made very short work of Supes in that bad future our exobytes came from...
    • Like x 1
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

Making Starro a renamed event/episode, uh. *pretends to be shocked*
    We have to wait and see the "updates" coming with the Deluge version but this is a bit underwhelming (unless we get gorgeous Mera inspired styles on the vendor, lol).
    And they say Superman anniversary is not and episode or event but there will be "content".
    Don't get me wrong I loved the Starro event and it I guess with Mera, Black Manta and the new station it will be nice... but...
    Still want to know about Style Unlocking, never updated Rare vendors (Nuclear and Gorgon Slayer I'm looking at you), optimizations for the game now that PS3 support is gone, and the expanded habilities and powers they were talking about when Stats Revamp launched and they said they were setting the fundations for the future...
    2018 doesn't look so bright for DCUO and after 2017, that was for me the worst year ever for the game and this is a beta player over here.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Weird, don’t remember seeing Black Manta, Mera or Spindrift Station in the Starro event... So many things actually wrong with this game, and you’d rather reach this hard to create a whole new criticism? The major event thing was received about as positively as a dose of dysentery, so when they decided to drop it, they had to do SOMETHING with that content so that the feats within weren’t lost forever to any that missed it.
    • Like x 6
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

And that would have been his first actual opportunity to use it
  12. Tarif Committed Player

Ive been asking for Atlantis content for years. Not just Atlanteans coming and attacking metropolis either. I want to actually play content in Atlantis, NEW artistically designed, and created content. I really hope there is a lot of NEW content for the episode, and not just a small minimal episode since the event is launching with it.

I really hope much of this is not re hashed, and that this episode is thought out and designed well. I look forward to the new epsiodes, but watching the thread, and hearing how the major event will be part of the dlc, has me worried that the episode might be getting the back seat in regards to new content, and the major event will be just filler.

I'll say it loud and clear. I dont want to pay into the game for half an episode with an older major event added to it to, to make it seem larger than it is. Im excited at the possibilities this episode can be. Hope the Dev team knocks it out the park.
  13. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Today is February 3rd. Please give it more time to see improvements and answers to these long standing questions.
    • Like x 3
  14. Vesper Dedicated Player

It is a bit underwhelming to see that half the next DLC is old content. So I do agree with Kuno on that.

BUT.......

1) Starro was FUN. I really enjoyed the raid, the dailies, the bounties.....FUN. It was FUN!
    2) There is a REAL opportunity here for some NOT WONDER WOMAN INSPIRED female gear!!!!! MERA MERA MERA MERA!!!!!!! Other than Circe in Amazon Fury 2 (villains only) and Star Sapphire in War of the Light 2 (females only), I can't remember the last time one of the ICONIC gear sets was FEMALE CHARACTER inspired who is not Wonder Woman. Gorgon Slayer is gorgeous, but NOT Iconic inspired.
    3) ATLANTIS. Finally going to actual Atlantis! With the Deluge terrorist group, we have a real reason for Villains to have a dog in this fight. Deluge wants to take over Atlantis and get rid of both King Arthur Curry (Aquaman) AND his half-brother Orm (Ocean Master). Unlike the last couple DLCs where the villains' motivation to give a damn boils down to "we'll pay you, please go do this content", Ocean Master WANTS us to kick these baddies out of HIS kingdom so he can focus on ALSO getting rid of that smarmy pretender Aquaman.

I wouldn't have picked Deluge & Starro as complementary storylines, but I'm gonna put my toe in the water of Hopeful here.

Now, if we get ANOTHER outfit based on MALE TOONS for this, I'm gonna cry. PLEASE give us Mera. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Mera.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

The plans to almost half of the year have been revealed. While we keep waiting for something meaty, our subs (money) are running while they release always the same old. Time is running out for this game and we always get the same thing: TC and events.
    Superman anniversary and rehased Starro, yeah it looks super promising...
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yeah I'm curious what the new DLC will bring. From what I've read there's much of the event from last year coming back plus a new instance or something like that.
    Won't judge until I see it first hand but if I had to decide right now if I like it or not, I would probably dislike the fact that the Event is brought back as part of a permanent Episode...
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I hope you’re not implying that Raven’s a guy. (Why does everybody forget about Prideful - which is inspired by New 52 Raven?)

But yes, we need more female gear, and they have promised us more female-inspired/based gear, although we’re still waiting. Here’s hoping that Mera is the first of what we’ve been waiting for :)
    • Like x 3
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

To start off .. I enjoyed the Starro "EVENT" and try to recall that unlike any other event it had a ton of content.

numerous daily missions

While it came in later a huge BOSS battle where the Giant version of Starro arrived in Central City and it too a pile of us to defeat it

and it also included a duo, an alert and a raid... all of which we have already been told will be upgraded and will now include an elite version

Then as 900 already alluded to there are also plans to include more content that will have us battling the like of Black Manta, etc.

We do not even know what all that will include but it takes place in Spindrift Station which will have us in an Atlantian outpost under the ocean. This area could include more dailies and for all we know another duo, alert and / or raid.

Like every new episode these days it will include content for end gamers and for anyone above level 10. So it not only adds new end game content BUT provides added content to basically just about anyone in game... Heck by the time a NEW player finished that very first Mentor mission after they escape Brainiac's ship they are level ten these days so unless a player has been in game for ONE day they have more content to choice from.

So what we wind up with is a pretty good bit of content that will new be available forever as opposed to for a few weeks and will actually give us a diverse experience that includes an attack by an alien from outer space (above ground) and an attack by Black Manta and his pals (beneath the ocean). New feats to work on, new armor to collect as it drops and to buy from the vendor and I think it is safe to assume new mods and probably a new time capsule.

OMG instead of JUST coming back as an event.. they made a DLC out of it. The horror. Here's an idea how about waiting till it at LEAST hits the test server and we can actually see what all we will get before we all start whining and moaning about it? Is it OLD content ? yes.. But sound like they add a pile of new stuff.. INCLUDING a whole new under the sea map, and for all we know may have even added more to the old stuff.
    • Like x 8
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think you have to skim over/ignore the entire announcement except for one bullet point to come to this sort of conclusion. It seems more like...mental gymnastics...to get there than anything else. I hope everyone will try out the new Atlantean stuff, too.
    • Like x 13
  20. Vagrant Committed Player

Can't wait to play some new content here, almost got the OP neck and helmet finally. Also excited to run elite content without PP finally.
    • Like x 1