DCUO Teases Atlanteans and Superman's 80th in 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

Believe me, I want you to prove me wrong more than anything. Been feeling like nothing you guys released is over 2017 was "for me".
    Starting with Mera inspired gear and sick Atlantean map/content would be awesome...
  2. Vesper Dedicated Player

Not forgetting at all. I specifically referred to Star Sapphire & Circe because they are the MOST RECENT non-WonderWoman iconic female inspirations. They are WotL2 & AF2. Prideful was all the way back in Sons of Trigon.
    • Like x 2
  3. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Water powers, Atlanteans... yeah. I'm in.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kal El Level 30

A mi me gustaría que volviera el clásico al juego, empezando porque el juego empezó con este y las cinemáticas y estatuas son del Superman clásico. No desprecio el nuevo rediseño, el traje esta bien, la textura es como del Hombre de Acero de Henry Cavill pero el rostro esta bastante extraño, tiene la cara como muy hinchada, no se por que simplemente le hubieran cambiado el traje como el Superman de Brother in Arms y no rediseñarlo con el rostro hinchado.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Me parece que aún con los calzones rojos, que no me incomodan porque otros personajes como Batman, Wolverine, Cyclops y Magneto tienen el calzón fuera y nadie puso un pero (porque dicen que en los comics de Superman se los van a regresar) se ve mejor el clásico aún con los años que lleva que el Rebirth y su cara hinchada, la otra es porque DCUO se ambienta en el universo preFlashpoint o al menos eso quiero creer, y porque antes del rediseño era como un homenaje al Superman de Christopher Reeve, como esas aventuras que hubiéramos querido que tuviera tras Superman IV. Quisiera que volviera el clásico o que al menos retoquen el rostro del Rebirth.
    • Like x 2
  5. DarkAya Dedicated Player

My 5 cents:
    1. I'm excited for Atlantean content (finally) hoping for some female gear (Mera inspired perhaps, I doubt it as always)
    2. Hope it won't be just last year's Starro event plus some new raid/alert and that's it, come on.
    3. As much as I like Superman's new in-game outfit (underwear one is ridiculous) his face is... just ugly, change it back :mad:
    4. I'd love to get his emblem at last, style, some Supergirl/boy stuff would be great as well.
    5. Wish I could have a lair theme that would make my base look like Fortress of Solitude, hell, put it in time capsules.
    • Like x 1
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

That was a major disappointment when they were seriously merged with stats revamp.
  7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Gotcha. And TBH, have there been any iconic female sets at this point *other* than WW/Circe/Raven/Carol? Fingers crossed for Mera :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

A little bird tells me that a Mera style is coming up. ;) ;)
    • Like x 3
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Raven or Black Canary? :D
    • Like x 1
  10. BigLou1951 New Player

I look forward to this! What do you guys think of making a fortress of solitude theme base?
    • Like x 1
  11. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Spindrift Station isn't Atlantis though. It's an embassy near Amnesty Bay/Massachusetts. So, unless there's a new raid/alert/open word that's actually INSIDE Atlantis then you can't really say that we're finally going to Atlantis. I'm looking forward to Spindrift, but I hope there will be a new instance where we actually go to Atlantis. Don't get me wrong, Starro event is awesome, and glad we getting more Atlantean content. I want to go to some new actual Atlantis instance/open world (I'm not counting the Starro raid, if that was Atlantis I don't remember, I'm looking for something NEW), but that doesn't sound like what we're getting here... Hopefully, this is just content that is being put out while they are working on a bigger Atlantis update in the background, like a full fledged Atlantis open world for this episode's sequel would be completely epic and awesome. I would be happy with something a little bigger then what we got with Age of Justice open world, as long as it's new and open world, and a raid/alert or two. At the very least, this opens the door for future Atlantean content, and I'm thankful for that.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Spindrift_Station

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Spindrift_Station?file=Spindrift_Station_001.jpg
    • Like x 2
  12. Nanight New Player

Yay finally hope of a proper Super Suit! Can we please get the classic curl hairstyle that others have requested but with optional frosted sides .... Heard that you guys are working on multi-color hair so Pleeease. Thanks in advance devs and also thanks for trying to improve our game keep DCUO alive.
    • Like x 2
  13. Vesper Dedicated Player

I went through the Wiki to find out. I primarily play villains, so I'm not as familiar w/ the hero side, so I legit forgot about the Big Barda gear. Also, I honestly thought Shock Jock was supposed to be the old uniform of Static---I had no idea until this search that it was considered "Livewire inspired". The Shock Jock legs don't match Livewire AT ALL, and the term "jock"....well....it's not usually applied to femmes.

Here's the complete list of Iconic-inspired styles I could find who are NOT Wonder Woman or Circe (I include ALL Amazon styles in the Wonder Woman-inspired category)

Big Barda: Furious PvE gear for heroes.
    Harley Quinn: Bombshell style set on Marketplace, inspired Jester's Affection t-shirt (Valentine seasonal), Punchline PvP gear for villains
    Huntress: Vengeance PvP gear for heroes.
    Livewire: Shock Jock PvE gear.
    Raven: Prideful PvE gear for heroes.
    Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris): Heart of the Predator for female toons.
    • Like x 1
  14. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Forgot about the Bombshell Harley set...didn't know about Big Barda (never been interested in the New Gods stuff), Huntress, or Livewire (have no idea who that is)
  15. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Why does Aquaman look like the lead singer of Nickelback? :p
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

shhhhhh, that's his civilian identity
    • Like x 2
  17. Kuno Loyal Player

Only a few female based gear compared to males to be honest. I request female inspired styles all time but only to be ignored. Since every gear is inspired on male characters I started to ask for more femenine versions of them or at least some parts (cleavege, skirts, high heels...) but nothing came of it.
    Its a bit frustrating we dont have more diversity for females. And then, the Fracture flat chest came for females to be the icing on the cake lol they put 0 effort on the female styles, its awful.
    It's really that complicated to scale feet and gloves to the right size? To put knee pads at the same knee level and not below (it looks ridiculous, at this point just avoid knee pad boots for females).
    I wish I could have a talk with the artists...
    • Like x 1
  18. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Brief return of the BvS Pack? Maybe? Probably too much to ask for but one can hope. I just missed it since its release was cut short.
    Kryptonian Regeneration Suits & Tech, as wearable items, Trinkets & Artifacts, Decos for a Fortress of Solitude feel...
    potentially a whole set of Kryptonian Emblems...
    I am PSYCHED!

Thank You!

Also, thank you for the Stabilizer Fragmentation Alerts!
    I am thanking you and thanking God!
    NOT rnggod.
    Not Zod.
    GOD.

BatEdge has 3 pieces of the Beyond Batsuit so far, Superrwoman got the Superwoman Emblem on the 1st TC she opened, and I've gotten some nice goodies for alts! I'll be having stuff to trade soon!

Amen!
  19. Earth742 Well-Known Player

velvetsanity said^
    Livewire is usually a Villain, though some versions of her are actually a Heroine from the Legion of Superheroes that suffered temporary insanity when she time travelled from the 30th/31st century back to the 20th/21st.
    I missed the Post-Crisis/Pre-52 story where they learned it was her powers going out of control making her crazy and lash out. They gave her the Superman Blue suit, to help her control her powers and get her head together. So for a time she was like a 2nd Supergirl but with Electric powers, and was considered part of the Superman Family. I hope that arc is collected in trade paperback! I would love to read it!

I also hope Reign of the Supermen will be part of this year's celebration! Superman Red/Blue suits will likely be some later event, next year or beyond...
  20. General New Player

I wish you would put superman back to the way he was. His outfit was correct and that is the way he is supposed to look. Now you messed his costume up and his face is jacked up. Too bad the most iconic person in this game looks terrible now.
    • Like x 2