DCUO Teases Atlanteans and Superman's 80th in 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Mermaid Dedicated Player

All I’m gonna say is have faith and be patient
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That kind of thinking leads to major bugs and unacceptable situations. With everything being re-scaled to a new CR level POST stats revamp, it NEEDS to be tested, no questions about it. Even if it comes out broken, if problems are identified during the testing phase, they can begin working on it so they can have the fix out sooner rather than later.
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Mepps CLEARLY stated that there would be no changes due to the dropping of the PS3. How difficult was that to understand??? I get the frustration waiting for new content after the last release has gone stale, but this complaining isn't going to speed up their timetable at all. As for a Mera style, nothing can be surmised at this point since there's been no info on that one way or the other.
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Actually, the most recent word from Mepps is no immediate changes...they’re working on improving PC graphics as a medium term goal.
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Thanks, I should have written that as "no immediate changes" which is what people are bugging out about. Either way, people need to dig a little to get the info....would save them a lot of stress wondering why changes that were never promised weren't made.
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Very true. Although in terms of software development timeframes the recent QoL update could be considered practically overnight, so Mepps slightly misspoke (and he acknowledged that, on the announcement thread for it). Major graphics updates, though, will take a while due to the amount of work involved. The higher resolution textures, for example: they can’t just scale them up and call it done or the result will be no better than we have now. They have to also go through texture by texture cleaning them up and looking for scaling artifacts and other problems.

Unfortunately, people don’t want to dig, they don’t want to wait, they want instant gratification no matter how unrealistic or impossible the demand. Too many people have forgotten that “good things come to those who wait”.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zenith S New Player

Anyone knows when the Superman event will start? I'm SUPER hyped :D
  8. |The 3rror Committed Player

as mepps would say “Soon” lol
    but on a serious note it prob going to be released later on prob 24th 26th cause they still gonna release the spring event