DCUO Teases Atlanteans and Superman's 80th in 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2018.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Livewire was a radio personality of the provocative kind (like Howard Stern or Rush Limbaugh), hence the title "shock jock" (saying provocative things for shock value)....and hence the clever style name. The Static inspired gear is called Electrostatic.
    • Like x 1
  2. DC Urban Committed Player

My thinking is DCU is not worth their time, of course there could be/is a myriad of reasons. I am of the belief if DCUO were pulling WoW or MOBA figures, they wouldn't mind. Just my opinion. There are many DC emblems in-game.

I want that emblem too.
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You haven't been ignored. Megzilla has answered this and plenty of forumites have relayed what they have told us up till now. You have not liked their answers and wish to accelerate THEIR timetable...that's not the same as being ignored. As a style enthusiast, I get your frustration...but again, these things are planned out far in advance, and when it comes to styles and environments, it can be costly to make changes later on down the line. We've all been told to be patient, that our wants and feedback has been heard.
    • Like x 3
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If you did that, all the players under level 30 miss out on cool stuff by the time they get to level 30. Remember, players who know what they're doing can go from the ship to tier 3 in days. New players can take weeks. The cool new flashy stuff attracts them too...
    • Like x 2
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

sure... i guess the easy things, like navigating with the compass and activating missions in the journal, are things one has to learn first... i think i did brainiacs ship and the first mentor mission at the first day, reaching level ten or twelve to enter the watch tower after a few hours. i leveled up 14 alts afterwards and it took less time with each, so: i don't know if i remember how it realy was, when i did my first, my main character... just that reaching level ten is something doable in a few hours (not counting the character creation, were i allways spend a lot of time in ^^ i realy enjoy that part). from then on, getting to level 30 is realy a stretch. most of my characters took days through that part. but i was used to play multiple hours, sometimes even whole days without a break to get the final mission. not sure how long it takes an average or causual new player... oh well, i remember now, that most of the characters were made to farm seasonals anyways back then, when there was no currency to buy in the MP... and since i wanted to decorate my main base with spring event stuff, i farmed them with many alts i rushed to level 10 too... so, i kinda see your point. here is a link of my base:

had to collect around 300 dividers for it ^^ 100x grass for the floor at the entrance and exit ^^
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

So you're the one buying my 499k Gnarled Dividers all year. Thanks! I just ran out a day ago.
    Great Job! BTW
    Actually looking at your Video on YouTube, shows it was published last May; so someone else has been buying them in droves also.
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

i created the labyrinth as an attraction for my comrades a year before i made the video,
    so thats another year earlier when i was farming all that stuff with alts created to farm.
    it was fun ^^ mostly because i loved to play with a character for each power i could use.
    they were created with the power they have in mind, names and looks are indicators.
    i leveled them all to 188, while the long break after monthly content in summer 2016,
    during af3, the anniversary, untill finally i reached it with the last while farming starro.
    there was nothing elso to do for my main, but it was a lot of work i enjoyed doing alts.
    now, since all the content has become a grind, i don't have the time for them anylonger.
    justice for all was just as grindy as af3, so i settled on one hero (main) and one villain alt.
    wich is a pitty: "style and gear unlocking is comming out soon" has become a running gag.
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I've done the same with most of my alts at CR 210 +/- a few. I felt the RwC had the easiest way to maintain Marks for Rent.
    • Like x 1
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

i agree ^^ bounties!
  10. Kuno Loyal Player

The only styles I liked on 2017 was Green Arrow (TC style). I loved Gorgon Slayer specially for my sorcery character but I can't get anything but belt, shoulders and back.
    It's really frustating to be a style / customization fan and having to wait and wait and only get like 1 worthy style each year.
    I think the newer styles textures have higher definition and quality, but the designs in 2017 have been very lackluster for me.
    Nuclear, Godfall, Red Hood, Liveware were better styles than Blackhawk, Riddler and so on.
    Trust me, I feel like there's nothing for me in this game anymore. We could have new skins, hairstyles released regularly on the MP, better styles. I'm tired of waiting to get a bone thrown at me.
    Nothing to spend monthly points of membership with this dead MP.
  11. Ascended Well-Known Player

RE: Starro being folded into the new DLC.

That's going to cut down on original content. Starro was basically half a DLC already and I doubt this Deluge thing is going to be a full original DLC with an extra half-DLC added on top. But since they're not going to do those big super Events again, its either this or they just drop the Starro stuff and anyone who didn't finish the feats or styles can just suffer. And this also means the Starro content will be around for good, not just a few weeks.

Personally, I'm fine with DCUO's choice. The Starro stuff was the best new content the game had seen in a while. This DLC will benefit from that kind of quality and Mepps already mentioned new locales and maps, like Spindrift Station and (I think) Atlantis itself, as well as new stuff added around the Starro content.

It's not a bad deal.

Superman's anniversary.....they said that's a one time thing. But shouldn't it be? You only turn 80 once after all, and I'm curious what shape this will take. Its not a holiday event, its not a DLC......it sounds interesting. And if you miss it.....well, I guess that's just too bad. But it's gonna run for weeks or something, so we should have time to finish everything. They won't make it difficult to finish, knowing it won't be back. Just consider it some easy gear/styles/marks/whatever.
  12. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

Man I'm exited for the Superman's 80th and some Superman emblems, and gear would be sweet, I like what Telos Usr got with those pic. I think some new Supergirl and Power Girl inspired gear would be good to. I'd like if DCUO brought back the Solar aura, I wasn't around then and would love to get it.
    I've seen a post of this on FB and I agree, I don't think you can add Nuclear Man from the Superman Quest for Peace movie to the 80's anniversary but I'd like to see him in DCUO? Maybe a mission and his emblem, and his gear was the reward?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

Hey like the pics hope they use them but how did you get them up, I've tried adding 4 images to my message and their not showing?
  14. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

• Like x 2
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I totally forgot about this.......... :p One question. There are 9 pages and I might have missed it somewhere.

Is last years Starro event going to be a permanent part of this episode?
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Yes. They merged the Starro event with this Episode. So it will stay permanent.
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I really wanna know if Deluge will use the same currency as the Starro Event...
    • Like x 2
  18. Ekart Committed Player

It's March 1st and Deludge is not even on test yet. Are you planing to release the new DLC on week before the Superman event? For 2 months nothing really to do in the game and also wasted money on 2 months of legendary. :rolleyes:

[IMG]
  19. TestReporter Loyal Player

It's probably going on test tomorrow, and the superman event will probably be released april. If you think your membership isn't worth it during the wait times, why did you buy more than a month or more than enough to get full with earth-3? I'm not happy with how long they are taking to release content (with quality inferior to af2), but if you think your money isn't worth it, don't buy.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

1st World problems D:
    • Like x 2