DCUO Teases Atlanteans and Superman's 80th in 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2018.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

what will happen to the old feat tap "major events"? will the feats be brought into and fuse with the new episode 31 feats?
    • Like x 2
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The major events feat category is going away. Feats will move over under 31.
    • Like x 6
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll certainly answer these questions and roll out the details, but not quite yet.
    • Like x 6
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

can't wait to hear how you implement the OP item crafting...
    one of the best things that made the starro event so good!
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. TehCost New Player

Hi Mepps, I was wondering since PS3 is now offline, is there any plan for more power sets coming in the near future? That’s what I want more than anything else right now.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

So................... What will happen with the Anti-Monitor event then? I'm hoping it gets integrated into a full fledged Crisis on Infinite Earths episode? A raid and alert for that story would literally be insanely awesome...so many characters, so many deaths... And...so much potential for a future tie-in episode that could deal with the sequel crossover Infinite Crisis, I want to see Superboy Prime whoop everyone's tail :p

Tell me if I'm remotely warm? :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Inferneus Level 30

Finaly some Doomsday love! cant wait to see him in action, a doomsday power set tank role would be rly awesome!
  9. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

One, hopefully answerable question...

Will the currency be the same for the Atlantean Episode as the Starro event? I saved up over 450 spores and was wondering if it would be useful.
    • Like x 1
  10. Supercold New Player

Please tell me you will end the part where he actually dies with a great actor with an amazing narration voice, like maybe Morgan Freeman or something, doing the end narration from the book, it was so perfectly written, I just read it again and could actually hear Morgan Freeman reading it...

• Like x 1
  11. Ascended Well-Known Player

Not even reading this thread! So much HYPE

Devs.

Thank you.

If my avatar didn't tip you off, I am a huge Superman fan. And I was really hoping that you guys would do right by him on this birthday. It sounds like you're giving me exactly what I was hoping for. It is truly, and greatly, appreciated.

Starro as permanent content? Hell yeah. And the rest of this Atlantis DCL sounds excellent. I cannot wait to see what a post-PS3 content drop looks like. (no offense to those PS3 players, you got my sympathies).

Crazy stupid excited about this announcement!
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The anniversary event is really just a super big seasonal. It won't change.
    • Like x 6
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Hopefully all the seasonals can be expanded to match it in sheer scope over the next couple of years ;)
    • Like x 3
  14. val-zodE2 Well-Known Player

If superman is done justice i will literally not post about it again
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Mxyzptlk still needs an alert style instance. The St Patrick’s seasonal is the only one missing that; and it’s kind of needed to properly wrap up the seasonal story. We never do see Mxy banished back to the 5th dimension so that the world can return to normal.

It would also be a good opportunity to introduce one of the most obvious missing things from a Mxy St Patrick’s - GREEN kryptonite!
    • Like x 2
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I posted earlier but i think it was looked over to fast. Do we have any idea if the currency will be the same as the Starro event?
  17. Aerith Rose Committed Player

In regards to Starro. I really hope the players that took to time to craft those expensive OP items will have a way to upgrade their CR and stats or at least get a discount on the new ones. Kind of disappointing how expensive and hard they were to get and didn't last long =(.
    • Like x 2
  18. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Thanks for the additional info on the Starro/Deluge merge ... however, I'm a smidge more concerned about the format of the 'Death of Superman' Celebration.

Don't get me wrong; I'm really excited about the possibilities - many in-game collections already refer to the Death of Superman, so I'm looking forward how DCUO's version departs from the classic story.

But my worry stems from the fact that it sounds to me like this Celebration is a One-Time-Only event. As in, it will never come back. Like, ever. You only get your 80th Anniversary once, right? I mean, if new/returning players were annoyed that they missed stuff during the Starro Event and had to wait for it to return, how do you think players will react to an event that will never return?

Now, you do have Batman's 80th in 2019, and various other significant anniversaries will follow, so I suppose old Celebrations could return alongside new Celebrations ... but that might be pushing.

Please let me know if my reading of this is incorrect; I don't want to spread misinformation. And I really am jazzed by today's announcements either way. :)
    • Like x 2
  19. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Will Jens be voicing Aquaman in this episode too? It would be fun having him on the preview livestream bullying Mepps like in the old days.
    • Like x 1
  20. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Doubtful. He hasn't been working for DBG since May of last year.