Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Too expensive, i normally defend these devs in all the doomsayer threads but this is too much. 8 bucks seriously. They shouldve been 5 bucks.
    • Like x 19
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Lol. Classic. :rolleyes:
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah you could imprint but beyond that nothing. 10-15 mins later the world went down.
  4. Foe Evah New Player

I'll say. I documented my breakdown.
    [IMG]
    My girlfriend did too:
    [IMG]

seriously, the most I expected was $5
    • Like x 15
  5. Radium Devoted Player

I'll definitely be getting 4 right off the back, waiting for a sale for any more.
    • Like x 6
  6. Burnt New Player

WHOA, EIGHT BUCKS EACH?? LOL, I'm glad I strictly DPS and only PvP when there are feats to farm. I feel bad they lowered the boon on you guys so hard. I know how much everyone has been looking forward to them and this is totally a cash grab. I'll never even claim my free one. I wish I could donate it to someone.
    • Like x 13
  7. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I understand 8.00 might be a little high for some people who have alot of characters but you get one free . I have just one character that I play and I've saved up my loyalty points so im good but I do believe there are some people who feel this is a bad deal and I understand that.
    • Like x 5
  8. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Do armories work if you don't have a lair and just the original base?
  9. Certainlogic New Player

That is really pricey! And per toon too!

Guess I will wait till my LP stack up and a sale happens.
    • Like x 12
  10. Couzintony New Player

That sux that there isn't a two pack...
    Buyin 4 when we get one for free is kinda stupid imho... Since we can only use 4 at a time... N I will only use 3...
    • Like x 7
  11. Jamie New Player

Is SOE doing that bad that they are charging such high prices? This definatelly changes my plans.
    • Like x 15
  12. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

"Do armories work if you don't have a lair and just the original base? "
    If you have an original base, then you have a lair... you get one free with each character which is awarded around level 9 or 10, can't remember which.

As far as the pricing, I am fine with that... I believe in supporting DCUO as much and as often as I can because without support, there will be no future developments in the game.
    • Like x 3
  13. SuperiorMouse New Player

will the SP restriction be removed for launch of this feature?

as per the post originally found in the armouries feedback (copied below for convenience), this particular limitation will greatly affect how successful this feature sells and you're already beginning to get negative feedback on this pricing.

as it stands DCUO is actively deciding to forgo a lot of revenue from the community with this pricing decision. i would strongly urge you to reconsider. the multipacks do make an attempt to bridge this gap in feedback vs execution but it requires the player to be organized enough to know exactly what they need and shrewd financially. it'll still be a deterrent.

also, in addition to the less than competitive pricing, the appearances of the armouries is widely disliked and is therefore another deterrent to purchasing many of these. i'd like to buy a wall full of them but they're too large and visually unappealing to do that. so, i would also suggest you guys consider creating Amenity Styles (for purchase on the marketplace) ASAP to replace the default theme styles for Armouries and the other Amenities since many players dislike them a great deal.
    • Like x 19
  14. Davis New Player

I understand this is a business but geez $8 thats a bit steep especially considering many will only need 1 or 2 at the most. I hope theres still time to change the pricing on this cuz really I think $5 would have been just fine.
    • Like x 17
  15. DanXVII Committed Player

Prices are pathetically disgusting. What i was banking on bringing new life to the game for me and my characters has actually closed the coffin lid. That expensive simply to use what's already in the game more conveniently? Money grabbing nickel and diming anti consumer b.s at it's finest.
    • Like x 15
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

No, they will not remove the SP restrictions because this isn't meant to become a free respec station.
    • Like x 4
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Remember, you can spread the 15 pack, or any of the bundles, out among all your characters.
    • Like x 6
  19. Canadian Justice Committed Player

At the listed price they really should be an account bound item like styles, not single use.

I hope this is just their opening stance in a negotiation with us. Something needs to give here.
    • Like x 21
  20. Oel Em Well-Known Player

I still stand by my original take on armories. They are great. I love the idea. Have been wanting it for ages. That being said, I agree $8 is way to high for one. One free is great, but to really be full functional for most players they will need 2. This would have been a great opportunity to see subs on all systems get 2 free, with 1 free going to the freebie accounts. I know under that set up I would have bought at least one more for a pvp set. Now I find myself rethinking the idea of armories and just settling in on one spec only and living with it and using my free armory as a dust collector in my lair. Might break down at some point and get a 2nd with a loyalty points, but would rather spend those on legendary pvp toons that I dont have. Price hurts, causes pain, but still the devs did a fine job on finally making them for the community. Hope players and DCUO both get their moneys worth.
    • Like x 15
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.