Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Liberty Developer

Happy New Year DCUO Fans,

I’m happy to announce that we will be launching Armories for DC Universe Online next week! For those of you who haven’t been following this new addition to the game, Armories are a Base item that allow you to set up, save, and imprint virtually every aspect of your character, including your styles, equipment, loadouts, and power and skill point allocations. Then, you can activate your Armory in the field to switch to that build instantly. The possibilities are endless and we cannot wait to see Armories in your hands.

[IMG]

Armories are a Marketplace item, and there are several things everyone should know about them:
    • First, EVERYONE will get an Armory for free on each character by completing a mission
    • Your characters can have up to 4 Armories active in the field at any one time
    • Your characters can have up to 4 Armories per Base, for 16 Armories total (you can choose which of your 16 are active)
    • Armories are a consumable Marketplace item that must be consumed on each character
    • Like most consumable Marketplace items, Armories can be moved via the Shared Bank between your characters (as long as they have not yet been consumed)
    • Armories are visual Base items as well as a new feature, and can be placed freely in your Base like any other visual Base item
    • Armories can be activated out of combat at any time, in PvE combat with a cooldown, but can’t be activated in PvP combat
    I also want to share our plans for pricing ahead of time. In addition to the one Armory that we will be granting free to all players, you will be able to purchase additional Armories individually or in a bundle for as little as $4 each. Here is the price breakdown in US Dollars:

Armory Bundles
    • One Armory - $8 ($8 per Armory)
    • 4-Pack - $24 ($6 per Armory)
    • 8-Pack - $40 ($5 per Armory)
    • 15-Pack - $60 ($4 per Armory)
      • Armories will be sold for Station Cash on PC and for Marketplace Cash on PS, and will be added to the Loyalty Vendor for Loyalty Points
    The 15-Pack has the best value and, remember, you can use the Shared Bank to move Armories between your characters if you don’t want the full 15 on one character.

We are excited to be bringing Armories and all the new customization, strategy, and gameplay opportunities they bring to DCUO. Next week can’t get here soon enough!

Upward and onward,

Larry “Captain” Liberty
    Executive Producer
    DC Universe Online
    • Like x 30
  2. ztomas1 New Player

Armories look AWESOME!!! But I haven't heard anything about the new PVP season????
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That's in Game Update 33, which we'll have more information on shortly.
    • Like x 3
  4. SkullGang Devoted Player

5. Tocimus Committed Player

really hope you are going to add bank tabs as well. gonna need some space for all that gear.
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Thank you so much for breaking this down so well! And the graphics look amazing! Hope we will be able to see a bit more tomorrow during the Live Steam for Rage Powers! ...If you can't tell I'm so pumped for this XD
  7. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Any chance we'll see a station cash sale soon? While I want the armories the cost is a little more than I was expecting.
    • Like x 14
  8. compasionate grenade Committed Player

So armories and updadate33/season2pvp are totally separate?
    • Like x 1
  9. Saami Loyal Player

This is something that most of us have since they started playing this game,
    Im happy now.
  10. Rumour Committed Player

Hmm.. a tad pricey for armouries. :confused:
    I'm happy that its coming out next week. I thought the prices would be more reasonable tho.
    • Like x 28
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

/gets in line at Armory store, sets up tent and sleeping bag
    • Like x 14
  12. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

the price too much for me.
    • Like x 30
  13. Circe New Player

Armories will be great for some people, but I have to admit not for me. I have so many characters that all roles are filled, so I don't need them. Besides, they're a little too pricey for my tastes (especially for someone with so many characters).

Can't wait for the unlockable feat points though. Now that's something I can really use, and would help my alts greatly.

In the meantime, congrats to those that were awaiting armories and hope you enjoy them! Hope they are worth the wait for you.
    • Like x 12
  14. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

Will the visual style of the armories be static, or will it change based on your base skin?
    • Like x 1
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Very nice :) I can't wait! Very reasonable prices, too, for such a useful feature.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Can we get those prices in Station cash please?
    • Like x 3
  17. Will Power Loyal Player

Welcome back Mepps hope your Holiday season was restful. I can't wait to dump some cash into DCUO's wallet via my boring outdated PS3.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kirney Slane New Player

well, seems they don't work yet plus EUPS is down.
  19. Zuse Loyal Player

by next week u mean this weak from
    6-12.01.2014

or u mean

the week after this week right now

TELL ME NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They're different based on your base. Here are four that I have on the test server that are the Deco theme.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.