Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiteroom New Player

For what price again. For a small feature of a game. Come on. I was with you guys on the everyone gets only one free, but the pricing is ridiculous. Especially bad, since the the multiples are not account bound. For 60 bucks you cant even get enough for one extra per toon if you use your 16 slots.
    • Like x 3
  2. Canadian Justice Committed Player

That's where you are wrong. We can continually voice our displeasure and let them know that cash grabs like this going forward are unacceptable. Making money is one thing, this is just greed at it's worst. They can only get away with this if we let them, so I say keep at this until they budge on the pricing.
    • Like x 12
  3. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Wow....that is expensive...I'm kinda shocked...why are they so expensive?....in the future when ur gonna be able to purchase sp from other characters I bet that is gonna be expensive too....not to happy at all...
    • Like x 14
  4. ARENA CHAMPION New Player

Exactly!
    • Like x 1
  5. Zim New Player

The price wouldn't be to bad if they were account bound. This is greed at its best. I think I will stick to the free respec station I got at the wt. I heard this is what it would be like bit figured dcuo would do better by their members.

Meet us in the middle and make them account bound.
    • Like x 15
  6. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I think it's fine for the value- and I see a LOT of value in armories. Some say it is a 'convenience' and for some that may be all it appears, but it also adds a LOT of dimension and strategy to the game. There are many times I wished to have a particular loadout for specific situations but had to suffer without it... now I don't have to. People will find all sorts of ways to use armories in adding styles for character creativity and also for developing new strategic approaches to content.
    • Like x 1
  7. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I'm really confused. The price seems extraordinary high for something that is listed and described as a consumable. Mepps can you please elaborate on how this will work as a consumable? Do we establish an Armory and then then use it once, and then "Poof!" it's gone and we have to buy a new one? If so, I'm rather sad and discouraged cause I won't find that nearly worthwhile for the asking price, and won't be able to indulge if it's between $4-$8 per shot... :(:eek::confused::(
    • Like x 3
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Ridiculous.

Not only are they 3 years late, but I have to pay $8 a pop for them? Thats crazy.

Another money grab...10 bucks for a base, 10 bucks for an entire DLC and $8 for an Armory? Come on man..
    • Like x 21
  9. Ice Lantern New Player

Yeah, a lot of people would have bought one. But now a lot of those people are gonna buy none instead. And for a lot of those people, they are gonna pass not because they can't afford, but because they feel that SOE is trying to take advantage of them.
    • Like x 15
  10. MercPony Devoted Player

11. xDEATHnTAXESx New Player

If I make an armory setup as a celestial DPS and then do a power respec to a Ice Tank can I still swtich back to the celestial DPS with Armories?

I doubt it, but can someone confirm.

Then I could potentially have a Celectial DPS, Quantum Troll, Ice Tank, & Nature healer accessible on the fly with armories if I setup an armory for the power type when I power repec.
    • Like x 1
  12. Quantum mercenary New Player

I'm sorry but those prices are insane why would anyone pay for something that definitely should of launched with the game. 8$ just to respec a bit faster no thanks I'm fine with spending in game cash at the respec vendor. People open your eyes this why they nickel and dime us to death because fools will pay for this over hyped crap. I mean seriously we have all played and survived the last 3 years without these armories this is a cash grab from soe nothing more.
    • Like x 6
  13. Nemisor Committed Player

Hmmmm the more i look at that price the angrier i get. cmon rage tank :p

i think if they keep that price for a single they will be missing out. your average player will probly get one or two, hardcore guys will buy the bundles sure but if the price is that bad (as from what weve seen people are not impressed) then you miss out on that average players $15, sure you get the bundle sales but youd have got those anyway. im sure if you did the math on it its a bad move sales wise.
    • Like x 3
  14. MentosTroll Loyal Player

$4 ARMORIES!!!
    *actually $8
    • Like x 4
  15. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Well give them a month and they'll get over it, especially once they see other players being able to switch on the fly and all the other useful things they can do... they'll feel left out and will bite the bullet and buy.
    • Like x 2
  16. Whiteroom New Player

Re-read. What I meant was, if you buy one, It should be useable by all toons. Not one toon, but all.
    • Like x 6
  17. Charlie Fantom New Player

Way too expensive for something that should be a given. What are we paying monthly fees for anyway?
    • Like x 12
  18. Myrdin69 New Player

no you can't you would need to buy a respec token to use either of them
  19. Aqua New Player

The hilarious thing here is that if you play both pve and pvp in both roles that ideally you would want four armories to cover each role in every aspect. Now here's the funny part, you pay $24 you get 4, but if you only want 3 ... well you get where I'm going with this ..
    • Like x 5
  20. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

I'm totally shocked at this price....I've been getting pretty board with no new raids since may...and now these prices are just insane...I might just find a new game....never thought I would do this since I've been playing 3 years straight and play every week....but this is insane....I really want to check out the new raid commin out soon but maybe I should just quit....I dunno what to do but I'm really not happy at all at this point
    • Like x 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.