A few observations from a PC player...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DoctorP2, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

And the worst thing is , when ur at the second boss and one the players say " Ama go take a cigarette break" am like DUDE WT*
  2. Curtain Active Player

There are plenty of one wipe quitters on PS. They tend to be the pro-mode guys who will tell you how their league can beat this raid in 10 minutes and that everyone in the current group are scrubs and losers unworthy of their time... Which is always amusing... I know on PS villian side, a lot of the pro mode guys in the "elite" leagues just aren't worth playing with due to their perceived "greatness".

My current observations of PC people remain the same today BTW... Still haven't gotten to run with one.
    • Like x 1
  3. akaivy Dedicated Player

I wish I could find those raids. As a healer, it would make the game more enjoyable for me as I would not be under so much pressure to heal so much stupid. I haven't done the last 3 raids because of player drama, mostly DPS's who try to tank while in DPS mode or Tanks with 1/2 tank gear or less, and then wonder why they get 1 shotted or stand behind something and gripe because they can't get heals. I can't heal through rocks. 2 points here: Line of sight and equip for your role. *Waiting for the "that's what you get when you pug comments* but LFG is no better. Just because people are forming groups instead of pugging them, it doesn't mean you will get good players. Usually the pug groups are better, attitude wise at least, than the LFG's.

As for shout, I turned that off a long time ago. Well, put it under a separate tab, anyway. No one ever talks about the game there. It's just constant insults, racial slurs and sex talk. I go there occasionally to see if someone needs help running something. Lower levels tend not to form groups in LFG.

As for the instance abandonments, get used to it. It's rampant on PS.

I heal. I can DPS but I don't like it and I'm not speced or modded well for it. Twice I got into the new duo this weekend. Once with a tank who left me and then I got a troll. They told me to dps. I said no can do, can you? They left me. Got into another with a dps, who told me to go dps at the last boss. I said ok. I switched to dps, they switched to healer, and I was like WTF? And it was a lower level healer than mine. We died a few times. We hadn't died when I was healing, but I stayed DPS. Eventually we made it, but we could have done it without the deaths.

I am glad for crossplay. The queue times are faster. I'm sorry there are so many immature people on PS. It's embarrassing. And it's why I don't turn on my mic much anymore.
  4. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Solo healing is not hard as long as you use Brawling WM.
    The 2 heal runs Ive had so far were not so good. Guys had bad reaction times with burst heals and didnt even try to contribute with damage.

Unfortunately, I almost never seen heals and trolls using WM anymore and they all fail to do their role. Especially, trollers have gotten super lazy lately, their only real job is too keep tank powered and cant do even that.
  5. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

On the EUPS/PC side all the PC people I've met have been nice and friendly it's the other PS people I've had issues with
    The only 'real' issue I've had with a PC toon was a cr144 ice toon that did 4x less damage then my cr108 earth toon we still finished the raid so what evs
  6. akaivy Dedicated Player

I use weapon mastery and I like to help with damage. But I can't do that solo healing the new raids, which makes it less enjoyable for me.
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'm having very similar experiences to yours.

I have not really noticed any significant lag although I have heard other players commenting on it... May be a case of how old the computer is they are using (If its a PC player complaining) or even their internet connection.

Definitely a lot faster finding teams and for the most part the players I have teamed with are fine.. Over the past 2 days alone I've qued up and run close to 20 duos and around 8 alerts and for the most part everyone has been fine. Now I don't even KNOW if this player was PS or PC but one almost hysterical incident the other day was when I qued into The First Piece duo with my CR 150 Atomic Tank. I was teamed with a CR 152 TANK and was about to ask if he or she wanted mw to go DPS or would he being doing that and then POOF walked out of the instance and was gone. ????? ... So with all the insane nonsense concerning support roles in duos this person walks into a duo in a support role and then turns and leaves because they are teamed up with someone in a support roles before even ASKING if I was willing to switch? LOL I DO own DPS armor and am a CR 149 in that role.... Talk about being a hypocrite.

Been lucky so far.. unlike you I have yet to encounter ant raging lunatics screaming about anyone not being fast enough, etc. But to be honest I have seen THAT behavior long before the merge. I'm sure with the increased population it will show up more often but I tend to just ignore it. Hey I'm retired from the US Military and I went through basic Training and was a Master Sargent by the time I retired. Trust me there isn't a single curse word or belittling taunt I haven't seen, heard or USED to motive troops. No little 14 year old with a joy stick can shock me LOL

LFG does seem a lot more crowded but as for the over the top demands for CR, and NOW SP, is nothing new either. We had those same sort of requests going before the merge and AGAIN.. I expected more after the merge since we now have a lot more of those "I want a team to carry me because I totally suck" leaders out there now.

Your last comment is nothing I haven't seen as well. I'm like you and have a number of female alts because, as I once told another player on City of Heroes. "If I am going to be running around staring at the back side of my own character for several hours in game.... I'd rather stare at a cute female butt than a guys" LOL also way back when that game fist came out the run they had for the male character sort of looked like you had a stick up your butt while the female's run looked more realistic. Now as for the male players and their attitudes again I think we are just seeing more of it because the population increased. Hey for quite a while every time I hit Metropolis there was a player on that would ask every single player with a female name "Are you a real girl?" and if the answer was yes he'd proceed to flirt and try to hook up with them. I joked with him once that maybe he needed to just log off DCUO and log on to E-Harmony.com. ..... Does that on line dating service even still exist? LOL
    I also got a chuckle out of a new player in the watchtower YEARS ago making an announcement in shout stating he was looking for an In game wife. Not sure if he wanted role play or just some one to cook his dinner when he got back to the lair after a hard day of crime fighting. But honestly this is something that you find in every MMO. I had a female league mate/friend back on City of Heroes years back that teamed up with a guy and after maybe five minutes on a mission he started creeping her out with talk about wanting to see her CHARACTER naked and so forth. It got so bad she just logged off to get away from him and then discovered he had added her to his friend's list and was stalking her. Unfortunately she was new and didn't check with any of us.. She actually deleted the character completely and started over at level one instead of just putting his perverted butt on ignore.

So far I haven't seen anything that makes the link between platforms a horror story and I do enjoy the fasted times in finding a team . The rest, glitches aside, I can just deal with and / or ignore.
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

You can turn on "Show Player Platform in Social Menu." Then it'll show in the F4 -> Group and F4 -> Nearby, etc. From the way people are talking, I think it may default to "on" for PS players.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/why-the-animosity.267909/page-3#post-3579746
    • Like x 1
  9. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

You totally did not grasp what I was saying. It was meant as the PS and PC market place had such different prices and the PC users have become accustom to selling at lower prices. PS users are used to selling at higher prices. In the end, lower prices always win out. If PC users don't start selling at higher prices again then the market as PS users knew it is dead.

The term dead meaning that it won't be the same giant money maker it once was.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

very few people run raids with two healer even though that is how the healing classes are designed to work in pairs with different powers complimenting each other. so im not sure why your seeing so many 2 healer groups but i am glad that you are as thats not a problem thats a improvement
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

sorry i confused you for
    • Like x 1
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

I had my first queue into a duo with a PS person over the weekend. He sounded like a stoned 10-year-old and he talked non-stop even though I never said a word.
  13. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Mags likes to AFK a lot.
  14. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I never knew you used a controller. OP Jedi :p

Back on track. So far, I have not seen any horrible PS players in my group, but I have not tried a raid yet. Just a few duos and the PS player just never talked in chat. So I assumed he was not English and could not understand "hi, how are you?" So I just did the duo. :)
  15. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I have to admit, I've been a bit rude in the seasonal...just leaving as soon as it's done.

So I apologize to any PC folk - it's incredibly bad manners on my part.
  16. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

? that isnt me, that's just a reply. And no, controller? eeww.
  17. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Well you know me, I am the OP RPER, not good with forums. :p
  18. Glacial Breeze Well-Known Player

It seems that a lot of the PC population is learning why it isn't always a great idea to PUG raids. You will meet the worst of the worst in pug groups, but you will also meet good people, you will have to learn to separate the two. Also there are a lot of great leagues out there that some of you PC gamers may think about making a coalition with (Share a common chat/voice chat), that may help with your experience with the PS crowd.

I'll be the first to admit that there is quite a few rude/racist/raunchy/abrasive/abusive comments made in chat. You are all just going to have to take the bad with the good until you adjust.
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

We had a spot open for BN, so we grab some guy from LFG. We decide to give a PS player a chance. We knew it was going to be slightly difficult because we were carrying one of our guys that was having serious graphic card issues. He was down to something like 5 FPS on boss fights. ANYway...this guy we pick up is an Atomic DPS. His skillpoints were in the gutter, like 60s, but eh...we've heard the PS people aren't SP chasers like we are. Whatever.

We type out in chat that we'd like to get the rainbow feat and I'd be running the containers. He grabs the wrong one right off the bat and screws up. By the end of the run, our healer with the FPS problems had done more damage than he did. I know one person doesn't represent the whole community...but cripes.
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Exactly, though instead of shutting off their cameras and hiding in the corner in a confused ball of shame and self-loathing, people usually actually try to act like it's MY fault that THEY hit on me.

Like look, dude, do you reeeaally act this way outside of this game? You gonna walk up to someone, tell them they have a nice *** then get offended when you find out that you were hitting on a dude? I mean I could see it if I was walking around flirting constantly, something like that, but this is a game and last I checked 'the endless pursuit of electronic booty' was not the point of this game.