A few observations from a PC player...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DoctorP2, Feb 7, 2016.

1. ScarletShepherd24MSS Active Player

As a premium member, I tend to price all my armor pieces up by increments of 500, with selling it for 1500/2000 or greater only when they surpass the 30-50 cr point. Then just around 500(or just leaving it at the default price of 1$ if I'm feeling generous) for collection pieces/consumables. Having the escrow store excess money is nice to pull from, but I'm not gonna be that cruel with the prices to build it up.
    • Like x 1
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

why not its a free market?
    • Like x 2
  3. Magician Dedicated Player

To be fair, don't be surprised if I am AFK. I am notorious for being AFK. Sorry I missed ya! Would've loved to have met ya
  4. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I think they may be afraid that the market they are used to is dead.
  5. vladspally Well-Known Player

noob question here, but when you are invited to a group... how do you identify who is PC and who is PS without asking? Just from the UI alone, whats the indicator which platform a player is on?
  6. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I've never had that happen in in last 2-3 years...and I literally PUG all the time...lol. I'm just that lucky I guess...
  7. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

OMG...I hear you my and my wife would play online together and I would use my female toons at times and she would her male toons and should and I would have our mics on and people would hit my my female toons because they hear her voice. I like 'dude...dude I'm a guy and the that dude over there is my wife, so can you please stop trying to pick up girls in this game plus 65% of them are guys amyway...plus its plan creepy" Them my wife when to bash the guy ego so I'm pretty sure he is scared for life after some the things she said to him.
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

DEFINITION of 'Free Market'

A market economy based on supply and demand with little or no government control. A completely free market is an idealized form of a market economy where buyers and sellers are allowed to transact freely (i.e. buy/sell/trade) based on a mutual agreement on price without state intervention in the form of taxes, subsidies or regulation.

Its was never dead

9. Uvirith Active Player

I have a question for the PS-Players.
    How do you guys chat? Do you have a keyboard plugged to your Playstation (is that even possible?)
    I really don`t know, I haven`t owned a console in 20 years.

I´m just asking because the Alerts I ran the past days are a lot quieter than usual (which means ot a single line in the chat).
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]

• Like x 3
  11. BigAl Devoted Player

My observations....

• My feet are cracking more than usual this winter. Hurts a lot.
    • My skin is way more dry that I want, so I should probably lotion up more, huh?
    • Denver won the Superbowl, so does that mean we have 6 more weeks of winter?
    • Peyton Manning may play like a legend, but looks like an ostrich. ;)
    • I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid.
    • It was a short winter in NY this year, and that makes this guy happy.
    • Before anyone thinks to hit on a female character in-game, refer to page 6 post 109 of this thread https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/new-title.267982/ cause that may be the player.
  12. Liko Well-Known Player

well we know why chat is so toxic..Day Break refuses to moderate it live game. Instead they want to you to report the player..which hardly does anything...cause they want "proof"..hmm I smell away to save money and be cheap..
  13. chea.robinson Well-Known Player

Well let me be one of the first to say welcome. Im a PS user and yes LFG can be useless at times and its really hard to find 8 man groups with patience. I myself look forward to running with u and my new PC friends. Chea.robinson 151 rage.
  14. chea.robinson Well-Known Player

15. Liko Well-Known Player

I believe a lot of us ps players have..damage excitement.. they see that scoreboard and just get happy and brag away.
  16. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Maybe a bit late to the party but here's my two cents:

Yep, Trade chat is just a pain to watch, lots of cyber-chest puffing and people with serious needs of attention.

BUT

So far the PS (minus one guy who was cr120 "tank" with unmodded dps gear on DCelite and among insults demanded that we, complete strangers, carried him o_O ) except for that one guy, most PS ppl i've encountered during runs have been pretty cool, they try the content (PBe) and they will try and try again (As opposed to the all too common 1-try quitters we had on PC).

Two times the queue threw some locked dude on our instance and when no one had badges to unlock them, insteadof leaving they still offered to stay and help.

Not many of them chase dps like on PC, they are quick on the pick ups and will happily stop for a bit to get the strategy down. (heck, we almost 4-maned DR.Light on elite :D )

Instead of calling exploit and leaving, a couple of munition guys have already asked me for loadout or advice.(We all knew "that" PC guy who would leave if he became second on the dps board)

Yeah, LFG is indeed a 3X credits roll sequence, but looking for one particular instance or having extra LFG channels will help, so far i'm really happy with the experience.

That said, i know PC had awesome people too, so my theory has developed to the point that I've come to believe it all comes down to the player and not the platform, I'll continue researching this because it sounds implausible >__>
    • Like x 2
  17. Princess Zero Well-Known Player

I've noticed a higher chance of queue into T7 raids now. However the failure rate for pug groups is still 100%. I've noticed a lot of low levels who queue in, its laughable.
    • Like x 1
  18. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Hahaha i used to play with a friend on the same room, and she would often go like "here's another one!" and yeah, at least 5 times a day some creepy guy would try to hit on her...and by her I mean on her digital and completely fictional game character.

I found it hilarious until she told me being out irl was close to the same experiece. o__o

We found a quick-fix when everytime someone tried to go on voice i'd be the one to answer while doing a totally-not-awkward /flirt :D
    • Like x 1
  19. Liko Well-Known Player

Personally I use a mic and keyboard combo. I suspect more PS players do this than it's being said.
  20. chea.robinson Well-Known Player

Yeah but a lot of people take it way to seriously, why i havent played a 8 man since HOH. Tired of a thousand people talking and noone listening. I want to run and tell jokes, if we dont finish it cool, as long as we tried and had fun