A few observations from a PC player...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DoctorP2, Feb 7, 2016.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

You need to be max cr and skill points and only the OP powers to join a pug group lol. If you ever need anyone for anything just hit me up ill be glad to help out. Stay away from pug groups man lol
    • Like x 1
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

PUG or LFG?

I'll try anything with an on-duty menu group, random ******* top to bottom let's see what happens, but LFG assembled groups are like 50% crap festival. Sometimes they work just fine, sometimes it's a bunch of idiots playing footsie with lineup instead of just saying 'these are the mechanics, let's ride'.
    • Like x 1
  3. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I strongly sympathize with your leaguemate. Having to deal with that is beyond silly and not fun. Some of those guys say the worst things... Sometimes they even do such things when you're playing a male toon because they happen to think you're really a female...

That's why most days when I pug (well when I pug by myself) I don't use my mic unless requested... it makes my life slightly easier that way.
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Both lol. I use the on duty tab for somethings once in a while but even simple alerts get hairy if your not lucky. After some time you'll start to recognize some names in LFG that are safe to run with and are good people.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

On Duty, I honestly trust more than LFG simply because of that micromanagement 'need this power CR SP and loadout' mentality.
    • Like x 1
  6. AgentX44 Committed Player

we're trying to bring the prices down that's why we undercut. :)
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I do the same thing, but there's a point where cutting down price for profit can be vastly undercutting your potential for profit. consistent pricing sufficiently below a set market value for a known item lets that item move, for you (since let's face it, the sale you make is the entire point of the game, at least in broker) and fixes the item's known price range minimum at a lower point. that's what brought exobit stacks down from 2-300K to a 80-120 range (low is usually blue, high is usually red) and fixed the price for the Ace Chemicals Collections to the 30-50K purchase range (they were literally 100-150 a piece before I started farming - this was like two years and change ago now).

But some items - auras, super-rare once in a million kills drops - you don't wanna devalue in big chunks.

I'm pretty sure *you* know this, I'm positive that not everyone reading this does.
  8. AgentX44 Committed Player

which is why I don't sell small stuff unless I need to get rid of inventory... i just sell auras when they come out as they sell higher when they are new, and when the booster bundle ends. :)
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

hey, small stuff moves yo. it's not a big chunk, gimme at a go, but it'll keep paying the bills in the mean time ;).
  10. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Fall Out Boy lyric detected...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  11. Brother Reimar Well-Known Player

I laughed uncontrollably for five minutes after reading this. Well played sir, well played.
    • Like x 2
  12. CHUD Loyal Player

As a PC player, I as well as several others probably predicted problems emerging from the merger. Mainly attitudes, egos, general temperament,....that sort of thing. Although what was said in the original post is true about some PS players, the same can be said about those in the PC platform community. I have seen players rushing past adds only to attract them towards those who are ahead (i.e. - AF 1 and the Themyscara alert,.....right at that little overpass before the first boss). I've seen players on the PC side looking for that "hot chick" and trying to get a date. I've seen players call out and insult every other player who aren't up to some sort of "gold standard", petty insults, racial slurs, sexual innuendos and harassment of players in general. In short,......are PC players any different than PS players??? Aside from using a keyboard as opposed to a game controller,......not really.

It frightens me every time I log in to DCUO to see in chat the sort of actions taken by it's players only to try and justify themselves on the forums. It also scares me that the DCUO community has become that toxic in general to the point where players expect things at the drop of a hat just because they have a Legendary Membership or something. Developers get blamed for stuff not working right, content not being released quickly enough, powers getting nerfed (or even buffed), and even players coming across a glitch where they are able to profit from it (there was a glitch in quantum dlc where that was going on).

So who's to say where the blame can be placed???
    Well,.....I hate to say it,.....but that fault comes down to "we the players". Not just PS, but PC as well. We're all to blame for the game's steady decline.
    For those who have to complain (in game) about PS vs. PC,.....all I can say is "SHUT UP!!!" You guys wanted it when it was announced, now you guys have it. Deal with it. For those who want to blame the way how things are being handled,.....again...."DEAL WITH IT!!!" Although griping and moaning about all of the changes you wish to see isn't happening at you're own convenience, we the players have to remember that the game is here for everybody,......not just a select or privileged few. If you're having a bad PUG experience, join a league or have a close knit circle of friends. If they aren't available, then look into other content to play such as a duo. I also hope that in the future developers will learn to put out some degree of solo content in order to accommodate those who are having a problem with the LFG option, or even having a bad PUG moment.
    • Like x 6
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Oh, expect a tell or group invite from Gallica later, she's running T5 right now.
    • Like x 1
  14. Minnion Devoted Player

That's why I'd probably sit on the really rare stuff that I know I can get more than 40,000 for... As for stuff like collections? I'm selling it for 40,000 tops.
    • Like x 1
  15. SKATEBOARDER666 New Player

Really? Crap. I've never been the biggest fan of that whole emo/pop punk sound. This is what I get for letting my little sister control Spotify whenever she's in my car. Pop punk by diffusion.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

you've been osmosemo'ed.
    • Like x 1
  17. Brother Reimar Well-Known Player

For me I got a taste of this on Friday. I wasn't able to stay on long after the cross play went active. In my experience in the few matches that I played there at that time I really didn't notice much difference between the two groups. Then again I couldn't managed to scrounge an 8 man group together.

I pug exclusively. I don't even understand what the LFG text window is even about most acronyms there are a total mystery to me. If a group of nine chances out of 10 means that I am with my league. Unfortunately we are not that big so that means I don't have very many opportunities in which to group up at this time. Mostly our players are in a different set of games exclusively. We have a no profanity policy as well as a no trolling policy. And we cannot manage to control that except for in individual instances where we know who is with us. But it is something that we must do since a lot of us have other children in the room or are playing with our sons and daughters.

I too run female characters and this has given me a better perspective to realize that unless otherwise specified that attractive character is a dude. So i dont hit on them. Kinda creepy. The last time i ran before crossplay had a great conversation about lack of certain styles for women with another guy playing female. Kind of an odd experience. Discussing womens fashion that way... Even if it waz about armor hair and footwear

Jeez... Is there any touch keyboards that dont crash constantly on this site??? 9R autocowreck badly?
  18. Brother Reimar Well-Known Player

There are a lot of us premium.... Not legendary players out there who refuse to pay real money for fake money.

I deliberately price itemz for other premiums and free players because of that. If daybreak would increase the escrow by 200% minimum... Or better still throw that stupidity out... Id price differently.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Pics or it didn't happen.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

worth noting is we just got new content...a raid no less. that tends to bring out the worst in everybody.

i like the burst of energy the game has recieved. i still think the game has a long way to go to realizing its potential but i'm liking the road we've been on the past few months.

all of our problems would be solved if we could just get more content. it would be so awesome if we could get 4 or 5 pieces of content every month that ran the whole gamut.
    • Like x 1