"Yes, ammo packs are supposed to refill underbarrel grenade launchers" - Margaret Krohn - SOE Dev

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bluEyedillusions, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Angelus359

I get critical assist on my slug shotgun, all the time, tapping them with 1 bullet

Also, anyone with rockets can do similar, if they're in a team with an engineer.

these grenade launchers suck against vehicles, btw
  2. Angelus359

Actually it won't lower the skill cap at all.

It could potentially raise the skill floor.
  3. D0n

You only need it to be reloaded the same way as hand nades, infantry resources as a cost and restocks at terminals only, you guys have not seen the horrors of ammo packs combined with noobtubes, BF3 and specially.. BC2, if people complaint against grenade spam, they are gonna want your heads on a pike for noobtubes.
  4. h00n

Ok, I might be a bit of a genocidal maniac who wants to brutally subjugate you, but I'm not about to whine about a pro-pipe.
  5. FateJH

Do we have any current information about the current grenades being fired by the underbarrel? How much damage does a direct contact blast cause? what the is the power and range of splash?
  6. Swiftstrike

Yeah, it's really only effective with LA, since they can maneuver to hit groups of wounded/healing enemies and kill 2-3 enemies with one, if you're lucky. Plus it's a 1100 cert weapon that can be countered by flak armor and requires that you use a less than subpar weapon to equip the GL. Not to mention HA starts with an AV weapon that's almost equally as effective against infantry and easier to use than the GL (a weapon intended to be effective against blobs of infantry). I've been noticing fewer and fewer kills now that they buffed flak armor and it's especially difficult to take down a HA now that most of them are using flak, which was the main reason I carried around a GL.

I would guess it doesn't require resources because the damage is managed clientside, since it won't damage enemies that aren't being rendered by the client (unlike C4 or Grenades).
  7. f0d

played them both a lot and i have no issues with it - the rocket launchers (carl gustav) were much worse than grenade launchers

why is it ok for rocket launchers to be able to refill but not grenade launchers? why dont rocket launchers need a resource cost? grenade launchers are much weaker than a rocket launcher so whatever problems you have with grenade launchers being able to refill rocket launchers are much worse
    • Up x 1
  8. D0n

CG was another problem in BC2 but in here at least you need to hit directly with it to get a kill, it's sort of easy to avoid and splash doesn't kill you in one shot, noobtubes in BC2 got nerfed from 1 shot to 2 shot at some point, it's like going to operation metro, what do you think rules in there? explosives. People will literally stop shooting, if the game is currently a c4, nade spam on biodomes imagine infinite noobtubes... operation biolabs.
  9. ImGladUmad

The blast radius power of a Rocket Launcher is less...way less against infantry......Not sure about the new rocket launcher tho, that one seems as powerful as n00btube.
  10. f0d

but if they dont do it (much) now with rocket launchers (which are stronger than GL) why would they do it with GL?
    if explosive spam becomes a problem then rocket launchers will be much more of a problem then grenade launchers (i think GL can only hold one shot where as you get like 5 with rocket launcher)

i do sort of agree but if they make GL cost resources and not reload from ammo packs then they need to do the same with rocket launchers too
  11. Tasogie

then you would have no Anti Air missiles at all. because you only get to carry 4-5. those are gone in under 30 seconds... You would ahve everyone having to run back to home.
    M203 is irrelivant to be honest, its really a non issue, but sadly people today dont like having to play for themselves. I am just waiting for the demands of carbine nerf calls...
  12. D0n

Nah man, just look at that video of the guy with the noobtube, the nade damage from that thing is 1hk, he got 99 to 1, no rocket launcher person could ever do that, it's almost impossible because people will see where the shots come from far more easily and unless it is a direct hit it's not a kill, even the noobtube splash 1hks.

Even making the noobtube 2hk will still not stop people from spamming the living hell out of it, you end up rendering guns useless like in BC2, it becomes more like quake in slow mode.

In BC2 the only things used were: CG, noobtube, shotties, snipers (specially). Anything else was irrelevant to use.

Rocket launchers are mainly against vehicles, that is why they reload like they do, sure they can adjust them to never be 1hk even if direct hit but flak armor already does the trick, I think.

I've never had a problem against rocket spammers, I think they know how ineffective it is to use one against infantry.
  13. Swiftstrike

DICE balancing the game around 24/7 Metro was the worst thing for BF3. Nearly half the weapons in the game have been nerfed into oblivion because they were too good on one single map and players wanted to snipe or use a weapon that was inappropriate for that map. And, after all that, metro is still explosive spam. Metro players have no right to complain about balance when they pick a map that exaggerates all CQC weapons and all explosive weapons. The reason they let you customize your character is so that you can adapt to the map or situation, not play every game mode with your favorite weapon and expect to be a death machine.

If you're going to the biolabs, you better have flak armor, max, HA, or LA. Because, guess what, those players spent 1100 certs for the grenade launcher, 700 certs for their C4, or 1000 certs for a shotgun and they're going to beat you in the situation they were intended to beat you in. And you can't drop a few certs into flak armor to counter it?

BC2's only issue with the GL was that it was on a class that could replenish it's own ammo, so instead of making it so you could only pick up ammo from other ammo packs, they nerfed it into the ground. Grenade and CG spam was, and still is, more prominent than GL spam. I'll also mention that awful map design led to explosive spam as well (see veitnam maps, lol). They nerfed the GL so bad that most people ended up just running around with the ub shotgun. Guess what, they nerfed that too once people started complaining that a 5 second reload time shotgun, god forbid, reliable killed in one hit in CQC. What's sad was I ended up carrying around a smoke launcher because it was more effective in CQC than the shotgun and helped push the objective more than a grenade launcher. I still had the occasional player complain that I was noobtubing after I hit them with a smoke grenade.

I won't even get started on how both games were also balanced around hardcore mode, which, surprise, surprise, had the most players complain about explosives, shotguns, snipers, X, Y were killing too fast. Why DICE includes a HC mode, but doesn't make balance changes separately is a thing of mystery.
  14. Angelus359

I use shotgun, and demolish people in those situations... but it sucks at 15m :p
  15. HappyZaps

Have you never seen Desperado? Two words: guitar case.

• Up x 1
  16. Cl1mh4224rd

"I'm tired of these mother****ing explosives in this mother****ing game!"

(I just couldn't pass that up...)
  17. ImGladUmad

Im tired
  18. Nacasatu

Slugs man, gotta cert the slugs ! Don't even need to headshot, two (sometimes 3) shots from distance with a 4x scope equipped = prepare for hate tells "omg hacker why you shot me with shotgun from sniper range".
  19. Yil

WHAT?! I thought all the devs were just in it to steal our money and aren't human beings at all.
  20. McFatal

It wasn't edited when I responded, rather she mentioned that on her stream when the OP asked her about it.