"Yes, ammo packs are supposed to refill underbarrel grenade launchers" - Margaret Krohn - SOE Dev

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bluEyedillusions, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Nacasatu

Cahoots is a lovely town, leave it alone.
  2. bluEyedillusions

Hopefully this puts to rest the debate.
  3. neg

you trolling? or just fanning her? im sorry but i dont care what gender you are if you are in charge of balancing Planetsides weapons and do such a poor job, you shouldnt be doing that job.
  4. Hydragarium

An ironic statement, considering how the forum moderators were busy stealth closing every thread on the subject last night. Was online to see them do it twice in a row.
  5. bluEyedillusions

I said she's pretty cool because she, as well as the other developers, are very active with the community. Maybe not on the official forums for whatever reason.

If I know what threads you're referring to, both were openly talking about someone's ban. On most forums, talking about the status of someone's ban is against forum policy. It's probably that reason that they were closed.
  6. neg

i hate to tell you but 'very active in the community' accounts for practically zero, people shouldnt have to be going on twitter, dev streams or watching friday night ops to find out whats wrong with the game. Lack of information is killing this game and the fact that the devs ultimately dont seem to care just proves where this game is going to be in a couple of months time.

Refuse to give information about whats broken, whats been fixed or what they know is broken, considering they didnt even know about certain exploits until recently..
    • Up x 2
  7. Hydragarium

First time it has resulted in stealth deleting as far as I can tell though - They always politely close the threads with a statement. And lets be honest the 2nd one was more about discussion on the subject than anything else. The "this is what I did to get banned" video only served as discussion material on the reloading issue.
  8. Being@RT

Wishing us happy holidays or telling us about awesome movies or books isn't being active with the community in a way that helps the game.
    • Up x 3
  9. D0n

Yup ^ this.

My threads started vanishing at some point, last time I said either the AA buff was on after patch or composite armor was nerfed, even Higby said he didn't know what I was smoking, like it does not take me 5 minutes to see every change they make to ESF (hidden) everytime they patch.
    • Up x 1
  10. McFatal

As much fun as I could see myself have with a grenade launcher that never runs out of ammo, that really shouldn't happen. If they fixed that as you said, and push it into the next patch, let's just say people will remember the current Grenade Spam as a much better place than it actually is.
    • Up x 3
  11. Bejita231

Shes probably why VS are Easy Mode, she needs here casual no recoil high accuracy weapons to shoot the "bad guys"
  12. ImGladUmad

WOW man...WOW......I can't believe this BS.

I made a post about this......we all thought it was a glitch..

WOW this game is so damn stupid.
  13. bluEyedillusions

Happens in battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, both games much like PS2. People whined about the noob tubes for about a month, then they learn to deal with it. Kill the guy doing it or avoid the corridor he's spamming. I don't even use them (I play medic/infiltrator), but I'll stick up for their right to be used.

You thought what, exactly, was a giltch? Infinitely getting grenade ammo from ammo packs? Or NOT being able to get ammo from them?

Apparently NOT being able to get ammo from them is the glitch.
  14. Hydragarium

As opposed to you needing your spell check to make any sense? It isn't nice throwing rocks while you live in a glass house.
  15. D0n

You guys are not seeing the big picture here, just think about it for one second:

MAGrider, get it now?
  16. ImGladUmad

We thought being able to get them was the glitch.

So stupid...So grenades are free now.

In my other thread, their is a guy exploiting the crap out of it, owning people left and right with it.

Even the guy said it was a cheap move because of how easy is to instant kill with them.

This just lowers the skill cap and fun of the game,

Im tired of all these explosives in the game.
  17. bluEyedillusions

I made an image macro concerning this. I personally found it quite funny, but it's too lewd to post here sadly.

It was a picture of Maggie, and it said the following (in much less politically correct words):

If those loyal to someone are said to be riding their crotch area, are those loyal to Maggie "Mag-riders"?
  18. HerpTheDerp

Not counting the twitch issue, I'd say TR and NC are quite balanced after the Dec 12 patch.

VS on the other hand... as you said, if the person responsible for balancing infantry is a VS player... that's pretty damning.
  19. f0d

who's we?
    i never thought it was a glitch to get them - the glitch was NOT being able to get them
    they refill rocketlaunchers so it makes sense it would refill grenade launchers also
    • Up x 1
  20. bluEyedillusions

I don't see it as being any more wrong than a sniper who is left unopposed. It's okay if a sniper is in a clever spot sniping away at your team, but it's not ok if a guy with an underbarrel grenade launcher is in a clever spot shooting away at your team.

The problem is your team not looking/killing the guy doing it.

In the video you're referencing, the guy could have easily been killed, but no one bothered to look up and shoot him. A single sniper would have shut him down quickly. In fact, at that range, I think any class could have shut him down quickly. The grenades leave trails through the air that should have given away his position after the first couple shots, let alone the 30 or so he allowed to fire off unopposed.