"Yes, ammo packs are supposed to refill underbarrel grenade launchers" - Margaret Krohn - SOE Dev

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bluEyedillusions, Jan 2, 2013.

1. RykerStruvian

I know thats why Im confused lol.
  2. Bloodskull

I thought the same damn thing.
  3. Nacasatu

Irish ones :oops:
  4. Luperza Community Manager

I don't go back into work until next week, but I can talk with some of the other designers about this (if they haven't already seen the threads - which I'm sure they have). I do know that we had fixed it (on an internal build) so it actually worked properly, but if grenade launcher spam becomes a problem, we can easily nerf it.
    • Up x 2
  5. Monnor

Nerf for this broken almost useless weapon ? I dont even know how it looks like if the underbarrel launcher works correctly.
  6. Compass

There's a variety of methods that are more effective than grenade launcher spam. Rocket pods, Liberators, Tanks, etc... They all have to reload, yes, but just an ammo pad or Sundy.
  7. Natir

Just nerf it while you are ahead. Your post just said "We fixed it, so I do not know why it is still broken and at the end of the day, it will be getting a nerf soon."
    • Up x 1
  8. voldoman

Tell them too how after the first few nades are launched they don't do damage anymore, a bug that also affects AA rockets to my knowledge.

No need to nerf it either (if it ever gets fixed) just make it so it uses the resource dependent nades in your inventory, problem solved.
    • Up x 1
  9. McFatal

As I said before, I will stay skeptical. I play Engineer primarily and literally the only reason I don't use the nade launcher is because it doesn't resupply consistently. It's a very helpful tool in squadplay, I just hate the Trac-5 S.

I'm open to the possibility that this could be a good change, but I'm open to the contrary as well. I suppose we'll see when it happens.
    • Up x 1
  10. McFatal

It's fixed on an internal build is what she's referring too.
  11. bluEyedillusions

Right. Probably a part of the Jesus patch this month.
  12. Natir

Lol after the edit she made...
  13. Compass

It resupplies consistently if you do a forced weapon swap before reloading.
  14. Spookydodger

My god.

They fixed it ON AN INTERNAL BUILD. That means we haven't touched it yet.
    If, after the fix becomes live, if grenade launcher spam becomes a problem, they can do something to address that.

Perhaps unwise for a SOE voice to use the word "nerf" around touchy forum users, but c'mon, that was a fairly straightforward post.
    • Up x 2
  15. RayDrazon

16. Hydragarium

Maggie always speaks in "internal" sense - Generally all of the developers do unless otherwise specifically stated.o_O
  17. Spookydodger

People are probably going to say that the GL is OP after that video, but before they do: good work using that weapon in a position that really shines:
    • Height advantage
    • choke point for enemy forces to pass through
    • Few areas for other infantry or vehicles to get higher ground to displace you
    And thank you for bringing that workaround to light.
  18. Skadi

What he said...
  19. Angelus359

that's because *everyone* has grenades, on every class, all the time
  20. Angelus359

Actually NC weapons are higher accuracy, but more recoil.

Their cone of fire is 70% smaller