Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonAier

Whelp, this has been a complete *********** on their part, now just to wait for the u-turn or the ship to sink.
    • Up x 2
  2. infinite loop

• Up x 1
  3. Wolfsbrigade

There have been at least three threads with troll photoshopped screens so far, so take screens like that with a grain of salt.
    • Up x 1
  4. SgtCheese

I bought the engi AV turret twice, am I entitled to 1400 certs? for each character? I just want to know before I send higby an email
    • Up x 1
  5. Dubious

Pay 2 Win ! ! !
    • Up x 1
  6. SgtScum

But logging in to collect certs is an exception yes? :)
  7. Rhyl

Really? The stickied post spoke about 2 certs for what the item is worth. If you bought a duplicate mercy you'd receive 2000 certs. Do you really think no one's bought more than "two duplicate" items? It doesn't matter. In that same original post it says it was given to "EACH CHARACTER." people who got "compensated" got a bigger reward based on how many characters they have.
    • Up x 3
  8. Leroy Jenkens

9. Genocideuk

There is some pretty sour people on here, even those who didn't buy multiple weapons or haven;t lost out on anything are complaining, why does everyone feel they are entitled to something?
  10. Dubious

I gained like 25k certs and im whining
    Just got myself a shiny new sig
    • Up x 2
  11. Anubis132

I don't know how bad this 'problem' is, but it does make me wonder how many people intentionally bough duplicate weapons in order to buy certs.
  12. Frosty The Pyro

as a note, when I loged on i got ~560 certs on my NC, it reported the certs earned that sesion as 8 (from the log on bonus), the extra certs may have not registered in the lifetime certs value.

As a note of scale, the cert value of every single posible cross faction weapon (except the renigade on the flash, and the NS-15, as I dont think they were available yet when unlocks when global), is 18,500 certs (6,700 from the sundy alone though, damn that is an expensive bus).
  13. Grubfist

This is unacceptable. Certs not being purchasable was what made this game. I don't want to stop playing this game, but I know a good many people who have declared they will not play until this is fixed. Many of these are officers in an outfit from a multi-hundred member gaming community that spans multiple games.

A change this drastic will literally make me stop buying any sony product. Even extending beyond SOE. Anything with "sony" on it. I just payed over $70 for a 6-month membership. I've spent at least $200 on this game. Because I wanted to support it. I loved that it was NOT pay to win. That you get balanced weapon options and cool-looking stuff for your money but never important things that were reserved for certs only.

I feel robbed. I want my money back. At least for the membership. This is NOT the game that was advertised and I do not want to support it anymore. You took money I gave you to support a game and then changed the game to something entirely different with that money.
    • Up x 2
  14. Wolfsbrigade

Wrong, two mercies would be 1400 certs. You get 2 certs for every 1 SC you spent. Assuming that isn't a fake (again, no name no profile link) that means the person would have had to spend at most ~12k SC to get those 24k certs assuming he didn't have any on hand already. That's at least $40-$120 on duplicate items (depending on triple SC purchase dates). Money he wouldn't get back.

As far as getting certs on multiple characters, whoopie. You can only play one character at a time, that one character isn't going to benefit from the certs given to the others.
  15. Dubious

Nice to have 4400 certs on a lvl 1 char i never played, only created
    • Up x 1
  16. Wolfsbrigade

So far they've registered on just about all PS2 profiles, you should check yours to make sure.
  17. Baezl

Proof you say??? Ok try this, go in game and goto leaderboards, then sort by 'Certs' and lemme know how that looks. I see a BR14 at the top with 160,084 certs.
    • Up x 3
  18. Delrith

• Up x 1
  19. MikeJCMindhunt

50 bug into 3xSC sales, then you take this and invest it cleverly into dublicates...
    Congratulations, you now have a BR 1 Soldier with everything up to date!

If i only knew it :/
  20. Wolfsbrigade

In-game leaderboards are broken and have been since release....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.