Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puppy

I don't feel like the response time gives them an excuse to do this. And for those who did buy dups just for certs they have been rewarded (not refunded, this is much more then a refund).
  2. Fuel Truck

A CSR TOLD MY FRIEND (WHO DIDN'T QUALIFY FOR FREE CERTS) TO ENJOY THE "GIFT" DUE TO A FLAWED REFUND SYSTEM.

Include us all in your gifts please

Radarx is closing thread like this:

3. Puppy

Logging in each day takes time. Users who got this could have logged in each day but receive this, while other users who log in each day did not receive this.
  4. Gustavo M

"Yes, we are sorry for any inconvenience this may caused, but... fear no more! We will implement cert refunds next patch to even this up! That way, you will be able to recert and delete your previous mistakes! And the first recert token is FREE!"

Heh. Calling it now.
  5. infinite loop

The only reason I care that people are apparently getting thousands of unearned certs is that they can be used for the same things that real cash pays for as well. I have spent a **** ton of money on this game as a shortcut, knowing my playtime was limited and wanted stuff sooner. If these reports are true, people have essentially been handed hundreds of dollars worth of in-game currency. Damn right I'm going to be pissed about that, and everyone who has spent a dime on this game should be too.
    • Up x 1
  6. Baezl

Look at it like this: My friend who is battle rank 100 and weeks of playtime has fewer total certs than a battle rank 37. He liked that spending all that time got him the certs to be more versatile than players of a lower rank who spent less time. Now, a BR37 has more certs than him at BR100. One of the reasons I decided to spend a lot of time on this game was that you could not pay money for certs. For the people that have spent a lot of time on their characters, this feels pretty lame.
    • Up x 1
  7. Wolfsbrigade

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Those who bought duplicates were compensated, and those who didn't were not.

What about xp boosts and premium? Players can earn up to twice as much xp playing the same amount of time and doing the same exact things as non-boosted players without premium. Even more so if they played on double xp weekends.
  8. Wolfsbrigade

Total BS. At BR 100 you will have at least 80k certs. I have yet to see a single person who received these "37k cert" claims on a single character. The average player received anywhere from 2-6k certs per character. Show us proof of this mythical BR 37 with over 80k certs and we'll believe you.
  9. Rhyl

They didn't get a refund. They got paid. Some of the people who bought duplicate items but then deleted their characters except for their main one got a refund. Some of the people who bought duplicate items but have a bunch of characters got paid.

Some people got 20,000+ certs on each character.
    • Up x 1
  10. Dubious

Without reading all this pages of fail..

SOE made another EPIC FAIL and just made the game PAY TO WIN

SOE should have refunded stuff bought with SC, with SC!!

Why not put a Cert pack in the store while your at it?

(and yes, I got certs too, but I rather EVERYONE got refunded the currency they bought the items with, which in my case is SC
    But heck, I'll use these 25K certs for something useful..
    • Up x 3
  11. SirBurning

I feel you. I personally like this game ALOT , but this is total ****. So much certs, just for being stupid etc.
    Sure all hell will think 3 times before i spend any more money if SOE does more of this stuff.
    • Up x 2
  12. Wolfsbrigade

Again, proof required. Preferably planetside 2 player profiles, not that photoshopped screen that one troll got called out on (his PS2 profile listed BR 52 and 17k lifetime certs which is normal).
  13. Zcuron

Green.

A short note on "buying power";
    The "Money ---> Certs" transaction was already taking place prior to this event, if you truly want to argue using this as your basis you need to argue against membership bonuses, boosters, and buying anything with SC that is purchasable with certs.

Any of the above four things converts money into certs, however indirect - just to clarify how I'll make it explicit below;
    1. Buying weapons yields you however many cert points the weapon costed in "certs available for spending elsewhere".
    2. XP boosters give you .5 certs per cert you earn.
    3. Resource boosters increase your capacity for destruction via increased supply of explosives. (increases cert gain)
    4. Membership bonus, see points #2 & #3.

In short, to avoid the "pay to win" allegation, Planetside 2 needs to scrap those four.

Now that it's a matter of "degree" rather than "principle", we can get into discussing what kind of cert grant constitutes "too much".

I've been awake for far too long now, if some of the above makes no sense, that would be the cause.
    I hope this issue is resolved in a way which pleases all many people.
    • Up x 2
  14. shd

This **** up turned this game into p2w for a lot of players. There are people that received quadruple digit certs for buying 2 items literally.

And the circumstances under which it happened are shady to say the least. First there's a post on the forums someone got ******** of certs, then all of a sudden it's intended (without being in the patch notes ofc). Now you get people with thousands of certs they themselves admit they shouldn't have got.

I am completely baffled how a company this big manages to do absolutely nothing right.
    • Up x 2
  15. jakovosaur

NO SOE!! BAD SOE!!
    • Up x 1
  16. Rhyl

Done http://i.imgur.com/IrD5pgY.jpg
    • Up x 1
  17. Varben

The astounding amount of certs some people have been granted is such a large blow to the balance and integrity of the game that it necessitates a rollback. I understand that you don't want to be seen as capricious, but the crossing of wires that occurred needs to be wiped out.
    • Up x 1
  18. Wolfsbrigade

19. shd

Yes but you had to actually play to build you character and acquire anything but the weapons no matter how long it took. Now some people can literally buy tons of stuff doing nothing but spending some money (i say some, because a lot got far more then they should have).

I don't mind that actually, i don't care and hope they all keep what they got. I wouldn't want it either, because i would have nothing to play for anymore. I'm just perplexed how SOE manages to screw every single thing they do. It has to be a world record of some sort.
  20. Crazytrain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.