Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganelon

The funniest bit is that some people who did not buy duplicate items at all also got a load of certs. One of my fellow outfit members logged on to find out that he had 6k certs for no apparent reason.
    • Up x 2
  2. CHDT65

Paid about 100 dollars for this game, received nothing :-(
    • Up x 2
  3. Forkyar24

whine complain that's all I hear
  4. Dubious

Like previous poster

ROLLBACK and give everyone 1K certs, for fairness

Then you can come up with a better idea to refund people, like giving back what they actually paid with.. SC for SC
  5. Wolfsbrigade

In these cases, yes I completely agree, rollback and remove those certs. That is absolutely more certification points than ever intended. Ensure that everyone is compensated properly, and there would be far fewer problems.
  6. GhostAvatar

I am pretty much in the same place as you, I have maxed everything I am interested in and bought the weapons I desire. Now I am just spending certs for the sake of spending them.
  7. LameFox

Anything unlocked with SC on one character and certs on another?
  8. Ganelon

Nope.
  9. CHDT65

The problem is that this certs lottery breaks every sense of progression.
  10. Aisar

If enough people complain loud enough things get done. It works for issues like this and it works exactly the same way when people complain enough about a weapon or vehicle and call for nerfs. The whole reimbursement thing was 100% pandering to the big spenders who were belligerent with anger over their choices, simple as that. If any of you read some of the posts in some of the complaint threads you would know what kind of ridiculous nonsense was going on.

It has no effect on myself luckily, I knew better than to spend on more than one faction, and even limited to one character, common sense I know lolwhat. The best part is they still are not satisfied and never will be, have fun with all those certs though.
    • Up x 1
  11. Dubious

Bleh, so much fun in this thread but now I REALLY have to go sleep
    atleast I'll get 4 hours..
  12. Wolfsbrigade

• Up x 1
  13. Tobax

I had thought the same for mine until I remembered that right near the start I bought a few guns, then there was a couple bundles where I already had 1 or 2 of the 6 weapons inside so they got refunded with these certs. Its also possible that items went down in price at some point later and the difference was given back, its actually easy to lose track and not realise your owed. Higby was doing tweets earlier because of all this and said of all the examples (character names) given to him none were given certs wrongly.
  14. Dem1se

I see a BR 0 TR with 60900 certs, and only 3m played. Score = 0, Kills = 0, Captured = 0, Defended = 0. Funny people are defending this kind of thing.
  15. Razcsak

I'd buy this, but what about all of the subscribers who paid for increased cert gains (the main benefit of subscribing?). I'd be pissed as hell if I spent 15/mo plus extra SC for **** and then suddenly people who haven't put any money into it got certs, because of a bug, than I have since November.
  16. Wolfsbrigade

In case you haven't been reading the thread it's now turned into a confirmed bug. See earlier posts, people are receiving way more compensation than they were entitled, and some didn't receive anything even though they were entitled.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ganelon

It's pretty much a lottery. I almost wanted to strangle an outfit member who went from a stock Prowler to a fully certed one, I spent months certing out my Prowler and it's still not done yet. Even better, he didn't even buy duplicate items.
  18. Regpuppy

Not really, the way they did it it actually screws over people who paid but didn't happen to spend it the right away. People like me and other outfit mates have spent gross amounts on the game, but some dude who spent a little on one or two alts are getting absurd amounts of certs. Enough to shadow both our investment and time spent.

Only people who spread money around on a few characters benefitted from this. Not those of us who focused our spending on one character. We're thoroughly upset as well.
  19. CHDT65

And also for the people who had to buy blindly useless things because it was impossible to test them before training room, nothing !
  20. Dem1se

I'm aware. I'm also aware of the claims that CS is telling people to look at it as a gift, since it was SOE's mistake. Don't know if it's true, but we'll know sooner or later.

As a sidenote: Noone was entitled to a refund.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.