Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zar

mad cause he saw this and was like i could have gotten certs for sc and hes mad about it only reason for this. or hes just ******** to ***** either way ignore this nonsense i say lol
  2. Dubious

3. Astealoth

My concern with the whole debacle wasn't about wanting to get certs too. I think it was quite misguided to give out a currency that is normally only gained through gameplay for cash purchased items, especially at the extreme levels some people have gotten. Even 10,000 certs which wasn't that uncommon of an award is an extremely large grant compared to what is attainable through normal play. It destroys the spirit of fair play that this game strives for and has planted a great seed of mistrust within the community. It was not handled well by SOE by any means to spawn a discussion of this length, regardless of anyone's opinion on the matter. The two largest threads on this forum were created in about 10 hours, both on the same topic, and were quite angry in the majority of remarks with SOE's handling of the matter. It's just not healthy for a game with so many other health problems.
    • Up x 1
  4. Alystan

It has now been a week since the patch an the super cert grant.

I have submitted and updated a complain ticket about it and followed the forum very closely.

The results are:
    * SoE recognized people got too many cert granted because of duplicate weapon bought through package
    * SoE emphasized that all people who received cert grant did spend SC
    * SoE have provided "humble apologies" to the community about the frustration
    * Many players expressed that they dont think it is a problem. (they may or may not have benefited from the cert grant)
    * Many players (including myself) expressed that this is a big issue for them (including some players that have benefited from cert grants)
    * At one stage all threads regarding this issue had been locked by admin (this is a factual statement)
    * There has been no anouncement on how SoE intend to resolve the issue. From my point of view, it looks like SoE does not intent to address the problem at all (for whatever good or less good reasons: technical, fairness etc...)

I do not expect PS2 to be a "perfect" game. But I do expect a reasonnable amount of fairness for all and some respect towards the game supporters who, like me, bought a subscription and/or long term XP boost.

An official statement from SoE regarding this matter would be much appreciated.
  5. RadarX

I will go ahead and provide an official statement by reiterating the information I have already provided in this thread. There are no intentions to do rollbacks or address the issue further.

We have investigated every claim and have found each person received the grant they should have. We are looking at doing things differently in the future (something besides certifications) if something like this is required again. Beyond that there is no further information we can provide.

As I think this thread has pretty much run it's course and we have received plenty of feedback on the topic, I'm going to go ahead and close it. Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to discuss the topic further.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.