Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razcsak

Sure, and if they only got a refund, it'd be fine. There are plenty of people that got far, far more than that refund.
  2. WaiZen

^ and plenty of people who won the lottery, as in, not spending anything yet getting "Refunds".
  3. SpcFarlen

Analogies aside. How does a 700 SC weapon that is sold for 1000 certs get reimbursed for 1400 certs? Clearly its not worth that much.

That is what people are most angry over.
  4. Aisar

I totally agree it's not fair and is pure pandering. SOE has sent a message of sorts, saying don't worry, you don't need to take responsibility for your own choices and act like reasonable people. They have only hurt themselves, as these people getting tens of thousands of certs won't be buying SC anytime soon. I want to say Sony has lost respect but I don't care quite that much, I know how these things work. If enough people whine, complain and make a big enough fuss they will get what they want. Deal or play something else, right?
    • Up x 1
  5. Fuel Truck

26k cert spending spree for this guy..... what the hell SOE, this is just unfair
    • Up x 1
  6. Wolfsbrigade

Step 1: Rollback
    Step 2: Compensate players for time lost between rollback and the start of this ridiculous lottery
    Step 3: Find a way to compensate duplicate purchases properly

I'm not saying cert points was a bad idea, at least implement it properly, some people received 26k+ for less than $30 of purchases, others received nothing despite having paid for duplicates.
  7. Fuel Truck

8. Rhyl

Yes it is. I know this is late but it is going to benefit. Those characters can still use those 1,000 certs each to buy weapons. That's 48 weapons that those other characters can buy which will be unlocked account wide.
  9. Purg

Disingenuous to have set it to 'this month'.

How many people benefited from having spent real dollars purchasing multiple weapons over multiple accounts in comparison to the rest of the userbase? 0.01%? I'd guess it'd actually be a lot less than that. Could probably have the stats pulled by someone hooking into the API.

Seems to be a lot of kerfuffle over something that a very small minority received. If they were received in error then revoke most of them.
  10. Wolfsbrigade

Weapons purchased with certs are not account-wide only those unlocked with SC.

Alas, the argument has progressed past this point since it is now clear that the reimbursement system was completely bugged and gave too many certs (some people received them without having bought duplicates). See above video, screenshots, and profiles. Many players, including myself, are asking for a rollback in order for the reimbursement to be done properly (whether it be certs or SC refunds).
  11. Rhyl

I can live with that. I just got back from dinner and saw this thread still going. That's all I wanted. It to be done properly.
  12. HadesR

I didn't get any :( ... But then again I wasn't stupid enough to spend $ on more than one character
  13. Rhyl

Some people apparently got them for no reason. Just about whether you won the lottery or not.
  14. Gisgo

In other words, anyone that purchased items on more than one character suddenly became BR 50+?
    What the...?
  15. f0d

[IMG]

213k certs - 7h played
    definitely over compensated
  16. HadesR

Should roll it back and do it properly ( I have no issue with those that deserve it getting it ) or chuck us all 5k cert's to even it out
  17. HadesR

So at a 2 for 1 ratio ... 106k SC .. How much would that work out in $ ? ( Being English I have no clue on the $ > SC rate )
  18. Wolfsbrigade

Somewhere around $10,600 (around $3,553.33 if a triple SC purchase). It would be impossible to have received that many certs even if you bought every common pool weapon, cosmetic, etc. in the game three times (assuming refunds calculated before additional character slots).
  19. Eclipson

Why didn't SOE just give SC refunds? This was pretty ridiculous. I could honestly care less, as even though I didn't get any certs, it really doesn't affect my gameplay experience. But in all honest, SOE is gonna lose soooooooooo much money from giving these guys this many certs. Of course some people will just blow them all, but some will be smart, save them, and never have to buy SC again.
  20. Verbol

This is definitely a new feeling for a MMO*. Losing xp/items/time due to bugs or rollbacks is one thing, or spending a bunch of real cash on a game you wind up ditching a month later is another. Either there will be a rollback and it's not worth logging in until then or I'm playing with people who are essentially cheating with the devs permission. It's kinda like someone being allowed to aimbot because he has a randomly unbannable account, the devs just say "Sorry, we know they have an advantage but there's nothing we can do."
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.