Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HadesR

:eek:
  2. Silentnuke

Guys I think its time to move on. Look SOE made a mistake. They are not going to roll back. They are taking steps to make sure it does not happen again. Its time for everyone to make the best of this. If you don't like it go on the Test server and bet the NC to a bloody mess. ( The most they have on at anytime is 20% )
  3. RedDominion

A "mistake" is an understatement.
    • Up x 2
  4. Wolfsbrigade

If you call giving a couple dozen players on every server a ridiculous amount of cert points, to the point where it would outstrip the maximum possible progression obtainable by one character. Yes, mistake, no biggie. Let's not forget those that did buy duplicates and got nothing.
    • Up x 1
  5. Silentnuke

Look these things happen in these time of free to play game sometimes. If you are not able to make the best of it and play the game . Well then I fell bad for those people. For those of you that can move pass this and just play the game well good for you.
    I have a felling the dev will make this up soon to everyone. Like a 2 time xp weeks or half off ingame items day.
  6. Anti-Skub

I'm not going to be spending any more money until they roll it back. I spent a LOT of money buying boosts and premium and equipment, not to mention hundreds of hours of game time to speed up cert gain on my single character specifically because I wanted to get as many certs as I could, only to have some random people winning the idiots lottery and being given more certs than I'm ever likely to make (which is saying something considering I'm level 90) for buying the same stuff over and over again.

Seriously SOE, what the hell were you thinking? How can you possibly think people aren't going to feel ripped off by this, or that all of they're time, effort and money hasn't been massively devalued on a whim?

The worst part of it is, the people who got the most certs are the ones who are trying least to get them. The ones skipping around on multiple characters trying stuff out and not really playing much. While the people who are really trying to get as many certs as they can, sinking all their time and money into one character to get the best returns get bugger all. I guess I know how much my loyalty is worth to you guys then..nothing, so i'll have it back until you value it.
    • Up x 4
  7. Stellus

This x Eleventy billion. We weren't handed something for nothing. We were compensated for the money we spent while others got it for free. People didn't lose out on anything. In fact, while we have shiney virtual cert points, they have real money in their pocket you didn't spend.
  8. HadesR

I say we take off and Ban the entire lot from orbit .. It's the only way to make sure :)
  9. HadesR

That's fine .. but what about those who spent NO money but due to a **** up revived the free cert's as well .. That guy in the SS .. What if he didn't spend a dime ? That's what people are upset about .
  10. footjam

[IMG]

I know its a big image, but I logged in to 19000 certs. I had around 200 or so when I logged off last night. This seems a big over the top.
  11. HadesR

Only 19k ? It's seem's some have been getting in the region of 100k + lol
  12. Rhyl

Some people were. Check the posts. There's people who gained 100k certs and didn't buy ANYTHING.
  13. footjam

[IMG]
    I realized the image wouldnt resize correctly.
  14. f0d

some got even more
    [IMG]
    500k cert spending spree would be nice
    • Up x 1
  15. Sharpe

[IMG]

Over the top in what way?
    It's based on what stuff you bought that would have been affected by the "Account wide Unlock" thing.
    I would have prefered the SC back so I could purchase cosmetic items and some such, but they refused to do that, but at least this IS something.
  16. Rhyl

Uh. No. Some people got certs who payed nothing.
    • Up x 3
  17. SenEvason

Those would be the exception, and needs to be addressed. The issue isn't just black and white, there's grey in it as well.
  18. Sharpe

Are you sure about that? Or is that just forum rumour?

I'm sorry, but after all the "Cheaters are only getting 7 day suspensions" or the "People who didn't cheat are being banned" bullsh** that goes on on these forums, I take everything with a pinch of salt.

I'll quote the Higby tweeter on this.
    " I keep hearing this, but noone has given me a character name yet of someone who received certs and didn't buy items"
  19. illgot

how about people that bought multiple of the same items across 3 characters but received nothing?

Count me in the category that slipped through the refund train.
    • Up x 5
  20. Rhyl

People have posted pics of themselves with 20,000 certs. Then stated that they didn't buy anything but were given free certs. Some of these who have done this asked for a roll back because they felt their progression was "ruined." There's links showing the leaderboard where rank 0's have 20,000-100,000 certs with only 2-7 hours played. Some have 200,000 certs which even with the 2 cert per 1 sc is over 10,000$. It's clear that not everyone merely got compensated.

One guy is BR 0, 100,000 certs. 8 mins played.

If this is the case I want to be able to buy certs with real cash.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.