Which are the best Outfits?

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Incendio, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Emitz Devil

1 Reason for that, they have DIG....

But not any old Dignity of War Player....

The most tactically supreme force on the whole of Miller....

Through the addition of 1 letter to their tag and 1 word to their outfit name...

They have become the deadliest Predator on the server...

Their name......

is....

DIGNITY OF WAR

TACTICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  2. Justicia

You only wish there was a DLT Emitz! Face it, you're just not tactical enough. :)
    • Up x 2
  3. Emitz Devil

Nope, just a bunch of sandal wearing scrubs :/ and soon to be a few BR100 try-hards :p
  4. Mordus

Here is a theory on some of the problems the alliances faced. Or at least from my experience in TRAM.

During the early phase of PS2 there were several big outfits on each faction and in order to gain the upper hand in battle you needed to coordinate with fellow outfits on your faction. The TRAM was created to meet this demand on the TR side.

TRAM was blooming during its early phase and served a vital purpose of directing the strength of the TR. The promise of epic large scale OPs with hundreds of players fueled a great enthusiasm since that was what we chose PS2 for in the first place.
    The TR outfits grew bigger but also fewer. The smaller outfits would not develop as fast and reached a phase of stagnation faster than the big outfits.
    The big outfits could host a platoon (or several) during any given night of the week which meant that they did not have to rely on TRAM to experience the large scale coordinated battles. They simply had the resources to launch their own campaigns or do a joint OP with another big outfit.
    TRAM was mainly led (or given initiative) by people from the biggest outfits at the time. Since the stronger outfits relied less on TRAM they became less involved. TRAM lost leadership and initiative, something the smaller outfits did not compensate for and thus the TRAM fell dorment and faded away over time. The big outfits remained big and strong, for them, the passing of TRAM did not change their daily routines. They could still coordinate on a bigger scale. It is understandable that the small outfits did not continue to coordinate TRAM. Standing out and taking initiative as a small group when big outfits have been the ones calling most of the shots can feel very intimidating.

I think the NCTO is a different story. The NC does not consist of that many big outfits as the TR. In order for the NC outfits to stand up against the overpopulater TR they must rely on cooperation more. Thus the NCTO remains active and serves a purpose.

The purpose and prosperity of an alliance could be more connected to the proportion of the opposing factions strength, not the sizes of your own factions outfits. Today with the TRAM more or less dead we dont see bigger and stronger outfits on the TR side. When TRAM was at its peak there were several big outfits and no outfit today is present with the numbers seen during those days. Regardless, the need for TRAM has been less due to the fact that the big TR outfits have simply been stronger in proportion to the enemy than they were before, even if they field less members today.

If the TR becomes weaker as a faction there will be a greater need for an alliance for that purpose alone but today I think the main reason for an alliance is to strengthen bonds and creating events to keep it interesting, not to dominate.
    • Up x 2
  5. Pella

If thats [DIG]

[DL] Must be.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. Emitz Devil

Look at that level of Swagness, holding his gun sideways like a pro!

Also, dem shoes yo!
  7. Akaan

Looks like a Rebel to me. He even remembered to protect himself against a potential flash flood. Smart guy. Overall an accurate description of DL and the NC as a whole.
  8. Dotz0r

DIG - Goes past the rock.
    DIGT - Goes around the rock.

Tactics. I imagine DIGT "talking down" to DIG when about to cap the A point "You lot are unqualified to capture this A point, make way - Tactical is here"

Just kidding :D <3
    • Up x 2
  9. YamiNoTenshi

Kinda looks like he's combat pooping.
  10. Maelstrome26

Oh my days, some of these posts have made me laugh :D

So much humor... about tactics :p
  11. isilyan

Yup, with level 1 Flak, and hipfireing the Warden like bosses :)
  12. Notiz

just posted yours and another post from here on our forums. so funny. :p
    • Up x 2
  13. Pella

Found one of [DL]'s internal scrims.

• Up x 1
  14. Emitz Devil

Good to know it made you laugh :D

New DL motto right there! Thanks Pella!!
    • Up x 1
  15. LordMondando

Meh, people like that kicked the **** out of the Rangers.
  16. Dotz0r

Pretty much summed up my outfit - From needing TRAM to get big orchestrated epic battles, to riding on the success of it and the player recruitment rate of the time from people seeing us do some "epic ****" to a point of not needing TRAM to fulfill what we wanted anymore. It was not out of spite, that BRTD slowly parted ways with TRAM - its just that in all fairness - as we had grown as an outfit in numbers, it was not needed as we had our own structure to contend with - we could make our own battles, TRAM was overkill because at the time, due to the game it was not needed - by that i mean lattice, where the was no room for outfits moving around each other. Whereas before there was a lot of scope for strategic placement and tactics to get around the enemy (If TRAM could not take a position, it just went around it.) which needed that higher-level of organisation in order to run smoothly and to get support for it by the actual faction - knowing TRAM was pretty much the 80% of TR. Knowing where an outfit was going or was not going influenced peoples decisions elsewhere which created this fluid battlespace and less of a cluster f*uck at certain places, TR was spread out more across the front whereas before it would clump in one place and "expect" somebody else to go re secure or push another lane. (Pretty much how it is present)

A much needed organisation during the times of the Indar Lock but as the game evolved there was not much scope for it in the way it was initially used for - there was no need for complex plans, such as the great Bargus's plan of slowly ninja'ing the crown from underneath the enemy with outfits pepper-potting over each other and getting sundies into position and ostekake's galaxies full of different TR outfit platoon / squad leaders then dropping over 250+ onto an objective in a surprise attack. With lattice the next obj was pretty much pre-determined, OPS became scripted with no room for smaller outfits to integrate as they once had done - back hacking while the bigger outfits moved as the main force, acting as QRF when things went **** up - as normally it did and we had to act fast to cope. OPS became stale, not because of the OP-leader - the game no longer seemed to give people that freedom-of choice and not to mention there was no real "meta" or player-generated meta (i.e indar lock) to work for, basically there was no longer a sense of achievement, that coupled with NC / VS de-pop, TRAM ventures seemed every increasingly overkill - so outfits started to part-way to find their own fights, which became harder and harder until TR evolved into what it is today which is pretty much every outfit for themselves when it comes to trying to find a fight. Its pretty much a Gold rush, striking gold when you find a good fight to be reinforced by ridiculous TR numbers.

Then the game became stale and the outfit pops slowly decreased causing to want/need to have a TRAM-like structure still intact to compensate for that now-lost ability to organize more - but when that was semi-run by outfits which slowly suffered the same situation was nowhere to be seen - like you said, the less involved / smaller outfits involved did not have either the will nor the need to run it in peoples stead so the whole idea / enthusiasm slowly just died off. I am not saying there is a need for a TR alliance of that scale again, as the work down during TRAM has flourished - in regards to people using leader chat more etc etc and outfits knowing who's who in certain regards, even if some of the best TR leaders for one reason or another never seem to play anymore or as much. Outfits now have evolved into "working with" rather than alliances via other external voips or ingame tells or messages - TRC for example, not an alliance but more of a "go here if you want to organize".

Then again, kinda side-tracked this whole topic - so i will bring it slightly back on track.

Outfits are the way to go, no matter the size - it pains me to see lone wolfs. Please adopt a greenie for 2certs a month. Adopt today at www.adoptascrub.org
    • Up x 2
  17. Orbit

Hahaha awesome emitz
  18. Arquin

I have not seen any good outfits on Miller they all just mess around never get anything done i once fought a zerg alone no outfit helped me

This game full of derps I am going to mattherson
    • Up x 1
  19. Sekaszy

Hey Arquin i found your true face on facebook:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. ZaltCW

[IMG]