WDS: New Rules. New Scoring. New Rewards.

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JesusVoxel

How about including some kind of loyal soldier reward at the end of WDS for those that only play one side the whole time? Some kind of really cool camo like the recon camo, or loyal soldier helmet or something like that?

As the rewards are granted weekly, 4th factioner scum could still choose what empire to fight for in every week, regarding what empire is winning at that moment. So that could still cause the snowball event, where at the last week the winning empire is overpopulated.

Encourage people to play only one empire in one server!
  2. RaideRRazor

Why bother with WDS?
    Just give a "deserved victory" to VS and don waste our time .....
  3. AlephZed

www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/463747451 @30:39

I know you mentioned it more than once too. Anyway the whole first WDS was essentially impossible for NC to win, and you put the idea out there that losing faction would get a unique decal or something for being loyal and not faction jumping. I know I'm not the only one who explicitly refused to create alt characters or log into other faction characters in the hopes of getting something more unique/better.

NC had literally no chance of winning because at the time you had this dynamic with strikers/zoe that made TR and VS absolutely refuse to fight each other. TR wouldn't fight VS because they didn't want to do infantry combat against zoe, and VS didn't want to fight TR because you can't really push without vehicles. So what did they all do? They usually all attacked the NC and the scores reflected that. So all WDS did was give people free xp who did not deserve it.

It's cool you're adding personal rewards this time, but there's still a lot of NC players out there who have long been tired of the apparent SOE's bias against NC (I think it's unintentional). With flinch issues. With strikers/zoe being op for 6 months. With weapon balance issues that took forever. The warpgate rotations where NC has essentially had 2 months less time in the north warpgate than either the VS or TR, and that deficit still remains.
    • Up x 2
  4. Becstar

I want to echo this again. With rewards on offer its going to be a completely different beast to the gameplay during your "under the radar" test period. In fact I'm quite surprised you haven't thought of this yourself! Just look at the first WDS and how populations moved almost immediately to the winning faction.
    • Up x 1
  5. ARIES666

Lucky nc. Maybe TR will win next time in season 3:)
  6. jOGI

I am not sure: Do you talk about your personal feelings or about facts?
  7. Bindlestiff

Sorry, us VS can't hear you over the overwhelming sound of all the NC Phoenix rocket and dual Raven spam. You must have meant NC, right? Right?

Right?

8. kadney

Is there any Tutorial / FAQ that explains what the WDS is? I heard that "World domination series" thing for quiet a few times on the forum and saw those icons ingame but I never understood what it is and how it works. :confused:
    Is it aviable to all servers? For every player or is it a outfit "clanwar" thing? How I participate?
    • Up x 1
  9. S7rudL

I am very intrigued on how this will turn out as in:

Comparing prime time alert outcomes;
    The scores for WDS are accumulated across a wider time span with fluctuating population%, meaning that it could be balanced like statistics indicate.

Tho, probably many including myself, can get a feel on who is dominant according to the prime-time alert outcomes where you can predict on how much continent% or facilities you will hold based on the population% during that short time period (evenings). The warpgate rotation system is very interesting so, who knows.

How ever;
    Those statistics were taken in a different scenario/situation, the WDS will be different,.. or maybe not,.. :confused:

You put a great value on the statistics, its best to work with I guess. I however have my doubts and would only consider them as a partial side reference, numbers are not everything.

Weekly personal rewards and contribution:
    All of the above does not really matter because, this will be a blast! I'm looking forward to it.

Others opinions:
    I agree with the others that state that the game-play will sort of a be the same with the only difference that you will be awarded more stuff.
  10. Pherlofsky

The players who redeploy and then complain that they didn't get Personal points should get this message then: "Vanu has not failed you. You have failed yourself." at least on the vanu side...:p

Just Because a fight is winding down doesn't mean the fight is over.

I know what you're trying to say though: that you could gain a score while fighting.
    And that might be introduced in a later preason:
  11. starecrow

It is over, de facto. When the pop in a defense shows 1-12 enemies, 24-48 friendlies, there's no reason for 30 people to stay there until the point is flipped back in 2min. They could be more useful elsewhere. it's also gonna encourage staying around in 48+ spawn camps, when again those people could be doing something else.
  12. HadesR

Would be nice :)
  13. Bortasz

How big are chances to get tier 3 for more than one character?
  14. Sonahit

How will I receive that WDS points or what is that??
  15. Chuckys

You said that we can't receive a reward that we already have... Does that means that if I have an xp boost I have for 1 year, I can't receive another one if I get 2k points for example ? :(
  16. Plunutsud pls

So when does the alien invasion begin?

The Vanu should wake up, just like the Ceph in Crysis.

It's about time a new faction gave all three a run for their money.
  17. CazadorDeLaBruja

The Purpose of the capture incentives is for instances where bases that are closer to the enemy spawn (I.E: the heavily defended territories on Indar) are held for very long times with minimal effort by invaders to take those bases. the best example is how difficult it is to mobilize a force to climb the plateau out of the dry ocean region into the forested and canyon regions on Indar. Sense also the dry ocean region supports the largest territory and thus the largest resource pool, there is little incentive for the faction controlling that region to take lands on the plateau. The incentives offer greater rewards for a faction pushing far into enemy territory and capturing bases that otherwise would remain under the enemy occupation... i think this is an attempt to remove the ideology of... "so long as you stay on your rock ill stay on mine." At least for the purpose of this contest.

it makes sense if you attempt to look at the entire map, instead of just the small bases in your immediate vicinity.

it is further possible this functionality is being introduced as a factor in the vanilla game to encourage strategic goals for faction commanders over that of the immediate tactical situations the individual platoons are involved in. this could be one more thing leading to the full, world-wide conflict promised us at game launch... one more step in the right direction if you ask me.
    • Up x 1
  18. sgtjohnbilly

19. Eyeklops

Is this per account, or per character? Could I reach tier 3 on my VS, then switch to TR and earn tier 3 again?
    • Up x 1
  20. CptFirelord

By "participate in the capture or defense of a base" I would assume you have to stick around for the cap and hold of the bases? If not, people are just going to fly over a base, kill one person, then retreat to the next base etc. etc.

Indar north WG going to be balanced again? And how exactly are you going to compensate for overpopped factions? Why not bring in a system like in Planetside 1 where the underpopped factions gained health / damage boosts depending on how severely underpopped they were, but only for this WDS to provide some sort of balance/compensation?

My main concern is that the lowpop factions won't stand a chance.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.