WDS: New Rules. New Scoring. New Rewards.

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueangleofdeath

A few questions for the WDS team regarding to the SC rewards.

Could this also include bundles?
    Will these be unlocked account wide like regular SC unlocks?
    Could it also be possible to include SC as a reward it's self?
    You can only unlock a total of 3 rewards during this WDS season or only 3 a week?
    What happens to my points? Say I was almost at tier 3 and the new week started. Would I have to start all over again?
  2. Bortasz

Does rewards are per accauont, ore per character? For example does thinks that can be used on every faction are in rewards ?
  3. SidCom

The thing is that it is intended by Sony that players have alt chars per account, because people also spend station cash for them. Ergo they cannot just stop or forbid 4. factioning. Even its a free choice which faction you want to temp. play.

I look forward to see how it works out with the new char specific rewards and contributions to bind people to their main played avatar at least during the WDS.
    I good point is also the new warpgate rotation. So people will likely change to that faction which owns the upper WG. SOE just have to make shure that the it gets rotated equally for every faction during the contest, so every faction can have the same amount of playtime on the upper WG.

Anyway, i support only my VS clan. Change factions is no option for me.
  4. Pokebreaker

That's what chumps do, and is the reason for pop imbalances. Good job, you've contributed to the problem.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kcalehc

So its actually in our personal best interest, to let the enemy flip a point, and start the timer before trying to take it back; rather than actively trying to stop them flip the point? If we let them in several times in a row, allow a point to be flipped and then rush it to take it back, the defenders can earn multiple defense WDS points, while the attackers get nothing. (so long as we can retake and hold long enough for the timer to go back to 0).
    • Up x 1
  6. Obuw

Looks like it's time to switch to my NC character for a while. 6 free 3-day boosts on cobalt will definitely be enough of a lure to get the NC pop over 50% during most of the event.
  7. sindz

Does this affect pro7 customers aswell?

inb4 legal issues.
  8. SidCom

in theory...yes. Practicaly unlikely.
  9. Riku

Hi Luperza,

imo it wasn't such a good idea to award the supply crates as reward for capturing/defending - at least not as you meant it. The supply crates are great! But it will be a pain to stop at a base when the enemy is spawncamped and I'm a pilot.
    1) often the area where you get capture points around a base is very small, so even when you are over a base sometimes you still don't see the timer / get points. As a pilot, that's bad.
    2) pilots should move on and help out elsewhere when a fight is won instead of camping.

Rather, they should be rewarded for getting xyz amounts of score on a base. That would leave pilots who have leave the hex frequently chasing enemies etc. often with the short end of the stick again, but would've been fairer imo.

But I dont think it's the end of the world. Take it as feedback.
    I'm also concerned about the nc overpop. You said it's no problem, but I can't believe this. According to data gathered by the API, nc has a constant total overpop. Population was always one of the main factors of winning alerts. There should be more incentive to attack the overpopped faction (higher reward) to balance things out.

BB
    • Up x 1
  10. Santondouah

I give easy solution to easy whiners. I actually do the opposite: gonna create some TR alt (main NC) for these WDS
  11. DarkFatesMom

Can these crate incentives contain items that have been removed from the Depot (like the Black Flames camo, for example)?
    • Up x 1
  12. RegiusTR

13. WyrdHarper

• Up x 1
  14. Yottos

I had to re-read this post several times before I really understood the concept. Now I ask, when I'm in the game and looking for a fight do you truly expect me (and presumably everyone else) to scroll around the map and look for areas which have not been contested for x number of hours and to then make a conscious decision to deploy there vice, say, a hot spot on the other side of the continent?

Maybe you have already thought of this (some indication on the map telling me where I'm likely to get more certs) but I don't think many people will take the extra time required to weight the costs/benefits of going to one fight over another. Maybe I'm in the minority with this. It just seems that if there is no glowing spot on the map telling me to attack an outpost which the enemy has controlled for x hours then I'm just going to hot drop into any fight going on. I personally don't play this game to think about the strategy of a situation (other than deploying an AMS and such), I just want to blow people up and repair stuff. :/
  15. FlR3

Just one question Maggi. Do all the servers get to be in this Series or just the 5 servers that are listed?
  16. RegiusTR

All I see here Wyrd is SOE is saying one thing, and has evidence stating another. Kind of like Obama care... The New world Business plan right here.
  17. Malorn

Yes, we know defend is not optimal in its current form and are working on something better. We do have the ability to set defend values for large outposts and bio labs individually. It's also why defend values are a lot lower than cap values. They happen a little over 2x more than capture events overall and it's calibrated to have that effect, but most of those defends occur at specific outposts. We want to avoid being inconsistent with defend values, which is why it's the same, but its one of the things we're watching in the preseason. If it becomes an issue then we'll swallow the inconsistency and set bios and large outpost defend value appropriately lower.
    • Up x 2
  18. Dirty Mcgriddle

Still no word if the east coast server issues are going to be FIXED by the time this rolls out? Lack of dev response is disheartening, to say the least.
    • Up x 1
  19. sindz

Does this event affect prosieben customers aswell?
  20. Horkrine

Will the items in crates that would usually be counted as an SC item reward be account wide, or specific to the character they're unlocked on? Also, will I be able to unlock rewards on multiple character (Unlock the 3 crates on VS, then unlock another 3 on NC). Just curious :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.