WDS: New Rules. New Scoring. New Rewards.

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NevarxTR

I think he was being sarcastic. :p
  2. LordDethir

Not letting me edit but the weekly rewards points.
  3. starecrow

One gripe I have with this system is that it encourages/forces players to sit around an already won fight until the point reward is doled out - it's boring and largely useless. The actual fighting is meaningless in regards to WDS score.

Hopefully fights will be harder fought and won, but it's unlikely.

Maybe award the player an additional WDS point every time they earn a ribbon or two? Though that would encourage even more "farming" behaviour.
  4. Luperza Community Manager

The capture and defend/hold WDS Points are showcased in the original post. :) Do you really need me to copy pasta it for you? :p

How so? You don't have to "sit around for points" every 30 minutes and you should avoid that. If you do that, you're less likely to actually win. You want to be continually attacking and gaining more territory while also not losing the territory you currently hold. If you're sitting around at a base you already own that is not being attacked, you're doing it wrong. ;)

In regards to your personal actions, like actually defeating enemies and what not, maybe we'll add more to the system as we move forward with it, but for Preseason 2 this is what we're working with.
  5. MrMurdok

It's nothing personal, Purple Community Girl, I'm just still licking the wounds from the last WDS. Hope for a better one this time around! :D
    • Up x 2
  6. Wargrim

They implemented... lock boxes. If there is one free to play mechanic i have learned to hate, it is lock boxes.

As long as you keep this as a WDS reward only i am fine with it. But if you ever sell lockboxes / lockbox keys for real cash ( and the fact you implemented this meachanic rings all my alarm bells ), you are crossing a line ...
  7. bman7

Are the contribution points/supply caches per account or per character?
  8. Luperza Community Manager

Per character, as stated previously, your actions on your character determine how many WDS Points that specific character attains. :)
    • Up x 2
  9. Wargrim

I just wondered about something - if the points get destributed every 30 minutes, is the same true for your personal points?

And if you crash out of the game ( not so rare for some of us... ) just before that, does this mean bad luck for you, or is it like it is with alerst at the moment, where as long as you log back in fast enough, you get the cert points afterwards?
  10. buff as hell irl

I think they mean like, say I unbox an Underboss or a flash horn or something that's all faction on my Vanu character, can I use that on any character tied to my account?
  11. Dirty Mcgriddle

How about the east coast server reliability? Will THAT be fixed in time for this? It's been bad enough that A LOT of us have been screwed out of a double weekend xp as well as wasted times on boosts because we can't play due to horrible desync issue.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/strange-lag-issue.167959/ if you want to take a gander.

Here's hoping the team can get it straightened out so we don't miss out on yet ANOTHER event ><
  12. NevarxTR

Probably not. It'll probably like buying a weapon with certs.
  13. NinjaTurtle

This sounds awesome, the changes seem to all be good and it's good to hear you have done some secret tests to make sure it works before starting it up again.

Also the tiered rewards is a fantastic idea, really adds more incentive for players to join in, also really pleased to hear they are character specific as it should help reduce the 4th factioning that would otherwise happen if they were account wide rewards.

Good job SOE :D
  14. buff as hell irl

Definitely would not be mad or surprised if this was the case, just figured it was worth asking.
    • Up x 1
  15. GlueHead

I will be there and I will claim what is rightfully mine!
  16. ValorousBob

Yeah that's how it is. Maggy stated earlier in the thread that it's to dissuade people from 4th factioning because they'll only get the reward on their alt.
    • Up x 1
  17. Malorn

You only get contribution points for attack and defend scoring. Hold scoring is purely empire-only as a way of weighting territory holding vs territory swapping. Roughly 2/3 of the empire's score is determined by hold points. The other 1/3 is capture & defend, which is roughly equal in terms of contribution.
    • Up x 1
  18. ValorousBob

What counts as a "defense"?
  19. buff as hell irl

Aaaa, I scrolled through her posts and didn't think she answered this directly. Feel like a total idiot now. Thanks.

I'll probably end up going for boxes on one or two alts anyway.
  20. Malorn

At this time, it is whenever you see "Facility Defended".
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.