WDS: New Rules. New Scoring. New Rewards.

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LineTrap

Inquiring high-BR farmers ensconced in impregnable tower bases want to know!
    • Up x 1
  2. Brutalizar

Alright, (since I'm old and understood very little of the new scoring rewards- although the explanation was well written!) bottom line it for me: The game pretty much plays the same way, we just get more cool stuff for playing? Groovy.
    P.S.- Thanks dudes, I love this game.
    • Up x 1
  3. LordDethir

Yes. (I'm joking) I mean is there member benefits? Or is it just depending on how much you did to cap/def a facility?
  4. Camycamera

personal player awards? SWEET! damn this is gonna keep me playing more now lol
  5. WyrdHarper

I'm concerned that there aren't any mechanics to deal with population issues. TR Mattherson has been underpopped for awhile, independent of warpgate, and it's just gotten worse of late. Alerts regularly end up with TR only having world pop in the low 2x% range, and we often have little territory to defend. With this system, it seems that we will be more or less punished for being the underpopulated faction, since it's much harder to defend and hold bases, especially the bigger ones further from your warpgate. Likewise, it'll be fairly easy for the more highly populated factions to rack up the WDS points and the concomitant prizes, resulting in even more fourth factioning.

It leaves me very worried; morale and participation are very low because of the population issues, and the way this is going to be implemented may come as a kick when we're down if it's not done right.
    • Up x 2
  6. Nepau

Not to say that your Data is wrong, but I do wonder if this will still play out the same when people are actualy seeing the Goal in mind. It's one thing for you to see how it goes with reguler gameplay, but now that there would be a Reward offered at the end that to be honest is better the just Certs, it could really change the actual results.
    • Up x 4
  7. o.Solei.o

Thanks for the clarification! Would I be wrong in assuming that Player Studio items will not be appearing in these Supply Caches though, due to the issues of giving private creators' content away for free?
  8. TheRunDown

Add 15 Minute count downs to newly captured bases please, so Alt accounts can't go around ghost Capturing.
    15 or 30 minutes in PlanetSide 2 feels like 5 minutes when your running around defending and attacking..
    These newly capture bases shouldn't be scored due to the fact they can be ghost captured using cowardly gorilla tactics, by the power of "persistence" ..

Adding a timer would help remove ghost capture points and improve empire results based on tactical decisions by squad leaders.

Keeping the front lines defending and moving the empire around would make much better Sports, than having to fly around rescuing ghost caps all day, cause someone's got to do it..

The idea to this would also allow squad leaders to see that a base has not been flipped over and over again, creating more hot spots for high timer bases...
  9. PWGuy93

So the hexes that were at the prior warpgate will remain in control, but on the other side of the map?
    If so, you just made play fun...
  10. Armcross

everything seems cool. But about the warpgate is I don't like.
  11. ajma

Quoted so I don't have to repeat this. Everyone loves free stuff.
  12. Huntingleopard

Will latticed amerish be added before WDS or mid-way through????
  13. Nobalification

There´s ppl with school and with job so friday? really? 12 00? uh.
  14. Santondouah

Just reroll NC. When TR steamrolled on last WDS we did not cry that much and us NC just created some character and logged it in once in the week to get the beloved boost.

You're welcome.
  15. Jeslis

That's very exploitable.. you may need to find a way to make sure its not a case of 1 guy flips a point, 50 guys show up and get *Defense* credit.. after only 20-30 seconds of the cap flipping.

Perhaps something like.. combat in the hex must last//be contested for at least 1 minute ?
    • Up x 2
  16. Jeslis

Thats the point.. no one on when warpgates flip, yet a flip before the weekend..
    • Up x 1
  17. JonboyX

I have to say it looks a lot more polished than last time, and I'm looking forward to it. However, I'll be disappointed if it turns out to be a proverbial set of jangling keys, and there's still no real development to the game by the time it's over. As good as the original performance update was, the gameplay hasn't improved in about a year... and it really needs to.
  18. Gorion

Code:
    Rewards:

- Each week, the players who participate in the competition on the winning empire will attain a 3 Day XP Boost.
    Ok iam BR100 .... how about giving me a Resource Boost instead of a XP Boost??
  19. ironeddie

awesome, this should be a lot of fun.
  20. starecrow

That's not what I meant. I assume the WDS points get awarded when the big message at the top of the screen shows up - correct me if I'm wrong. At that point, the fight often is over already for quite some time. Players that want action will likely have redeployed somewhere else already.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.