Voodoo Company - Boobs, Beer and Freedom Fries!

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by cfschris, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Hatsunemiki

Emerald Server!

It

Has

Returned!

VCO AIR DIV!

Ladies and gentlemen, the skies over Hossin have been freed from tyranny and technological piety. VCO welcomed a brand new Platoon Lead, as we welcome all who are willing to step up, and I took the helm of our first official Air Div post-merger. It was a rocky start, new leads stepping up and a new PL made for a large amount of comms to the night rolling, but the Danger Zoners made its debut in style once the night reached its height of a full platoon with Air Div included.

Our highlight was over the skies of Hurakan Amp Station. The VS came in hard, three Liberators and supporting Scythes approached from flight ceiling. It wasn't long before VCO was one Reever down and multiple Scythes syncing shots on targets. I found myself with three on my tail. Luckily they weren't ready for the maple leaf in the wind; I dodged bullets and rockets in my mid-air ballet against the odds and bought time for the squad to center in. Several duels began to shape, it wasn't clear who would win. I gave orders to focus the Scythes and dodge the Libs so we could gain the edge in number of guns. Our own Liberator team became our shield as the Reevers dived in and out of the thick, the Lib gunners pecking away at the Vanu as they came in close enough. I went down myself, but the battle raged and VCO kept in it long enough for all who did go down to re-pull. Securing a kill on a Scythe as I came back into the fray, it was clear that we gained the advantage. Before they could notice their lack of numbers, I called out to focus down the enemy Liberators. Our own Lib team went down as we grounded the last one. When the rain of debris finally ceased, it was VCO left flying high. Great job team!

Oh yeah, we also kept the sky free of any and all enemy Gals so our ground boys were able to cap their fair share of over half of Hossin and triggered an alert. Not a bad night, if I do say so, myself. :p

VCO, running Rapid Redeployment platoons of ground, air and our own Max Div too. Whatever you like to roll with, chances are that we have a place for you. Why not try us out sometime.

Join us for our next official ops on Sunday at 8:00 EST.
  2. Hatsunemiki

VCOOOOOOOO! Ya'll know what it is! Dem voodoo boys and gals in sundies and... erm... gals.

Yeahhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Another milestone for post-merger VCO, as well as myself, our first Joint Ops! We joined the fine folks from Digital Revolution tonight for an extra awesome and extra long ops on Esamir to play out the better part of the alert last night. Although we didn't claim the continent, we claimed some good fights and good memories with new friends. With two squads each from VCO and DREV, MAC1 and I tried to take some good fights with some prize bases. Results? We didn't get any! But who cares? We had fun anyway! :p

We did take one awesome fight though. Loading up a convoy of Sunderers and supporting armour at Eisa Tech Plant, we set our sights on Rime Analytics. Rime is an excellent tutor for the value of flanking, taking the base pretty much forces you to take at least two of the staircase buildings to establish a strong enough foothold onto the point and defending the base pretty well forces you to flank the sides of the base with whatever assets you plan on using to blow up assailants logistics. Knowing this, Charlie squad was assigned to counter flank; establishing a new battle line deep to the north to cut off any armour the enemy would bring up as our sunderer set up nest along the northern walls. The other three squad seiged the northern and north-east stair cases and set up a nice new home inside the point room. The enemy was determined, attacking from the bottom of the point building itself to break our hold. But our guns fired true and freedom won the day. After a four minute cap of 'within spitting distance' CQC combat and Charlie fighting off a squad of amour, the base was ours. Great job everyone!

VCO's reachin out to all our bretheren in the NC! If you're looking for some swell guys to play with, DREV and VCO won't steer you wrong.

Join us for our next official ops Thursday at 8:00 EST!
    • Up x 1
  3. Hatsunemiki

VCO! Taking to the skies once again in our official ops! Not just in gals this time, VCO Air Div was ran again and we gave freedom a lift on Esamir this evening. It was a really rough night though, for both our ground boys and fly boys, but we had some fun with it and managed to get some sweet plays.

A first for me as air boss, running into counter AA. Before you sigh and roll your eyes, keep in mind that this is only the second time we've ran this thing officially. When practicing, it is easy just to find a new fight when the Skyguards and Busters come out to play. But now that we have a platoon to protect as well as ourselves, well, I had to learn a few new tricks. For one, simply diving deep worked well, hitting the enemy air closer to their warpgate and setting up shop past the established AA. It's certainly not a guaranteed success, as our second attempt was thwarted by fights between the VS and TR.

So no, not the best ops we've ever had. But you know, it was still fun. As well, VCO has a new tradition: after every op, we play a little game to remind ourselves not to take things so seriously all the dang time. What kind of game, you ask? Why, my good sir and madam, here's just a little example:

Join us for our next official ops Sunday at 8:00 EST!
    • Up x 1
  4. 7percents

VCO, home of the majestic freedom spreading sky whales. Come see them in glorious action this Tuesday. Its one of the seven natural wonders of Auraxis.
  5. Hatsunemiki

VCO! Official ops! Running wild on Indar this evening. I was only too happy to step up as Platoon Lead of a full four squads with a Max Div included this evening.

Our highlight was most certain the capture of XenoTech Labs. The Regent Rock Garrison front was pushed to the points themselves, the base being resecured by allies as we flew past in our gals. Both Vanu and NC had their armour columns up and running, with smoking barrels pointed at each others throats. In true Rapid Redeployment fashion, VCO made its first objective to draw back our enemy so our friendly tanks could push up and make themselves useful. I gave orders to continually drop onto the point building and fight our way in. The more troops the VS had to redirect to get rid of us was more heat taken from the front lines. VCO made a brief stand but was wiped under the laser fire. Did we skip a beat? Hell naw! Keeping gals alive, continual drops and some clutch medic grenades helped to make a 2-to-1 fight last much longer than any Vanu was hoping for. The new line was drawn, the VS was forced back to defend their base as we kept slugging. The NC was able to move up and dig in. It was finally a fight!

The Vanu weren't about to let the base go easily though; at one point, they even managed to get a sunderer into the base itself and set up right beside the point room. Now, I'm envious of those who know how to get those crazy sundy spots. Even saw another as we took Red Ridge Communications, got the sucker right on top of the air pad! It's crazy! But crazy sundere or not, if we set our sights on it, it goes down. Another gal drop later and it was nothing but chard nanites. As the rest of the NC broke into the base, VCO was finally able to breath for about a minute. "Get in the building and hug the corners to avoid the fire" was the only orders I could give that made any damn lick of sense. I would have loved to split the platoon to give us a better foothold, but with the teleporter behind us it would have sacrificed our position entirely to move even half a squad from that point room. The Vanu attempted to flank from the south, pulling Maxes and marching across the field from southern buildings adjacent to the spawn room. But VCO rockets and shotguns were ready and their defense fell as just as quickly as our shell and bullet casings. A long fight but well won and with some very well deserved VCO tags as base owners. XenoTech Labs was ours, well played VCO!

In truth, we didn't have a full platoon when we took XenoTech. I have most certainly noticed that when we open up our squads to let more in, the VCO members do become stretched much more thinly. I believe my next mission as a PL will be to learn how to gauge when to switch to more simple fights as new recruits start to fill the platoon. It was still a super awesome night though, and more are sure to come!

Join us for our next official ops Sunday at 8:00 EST!
  6. Hatsunemiki

VCO official ops recap! Everything got messed up! XD

Seriously, we got out butts handed to us on Tuesday night. I Platoon led three squads on Hossin and it seemed like every single fight we found ended up outpoping us two-to-one. A can only thank my leads and members for sticking through it, it was a tough game that night. But you know what, we ended laughing as we flash raced across the southern side of the map. This led to a very hilarious encounter with a VS sunderer and some tank mines he happened to be running over just as four flashes plowed into him. Gawd, I'm really enjoying our new tradition of ending ops with a for-giggles game.

Thursday night ops was much better, though. I stepped up to PL another team of three squads and, once again, tried some new things. The first was actually using command comms in an alert. Now, VCO hasn't partaken in many alerts simply because many of our members are.. well... not Members. This is just fine, of course, but when those ques stack up it usually means we try to find some fun elsewhere. But this time most of us where already on Amerish when the ops started and we did our best to help our our brothers in blue. To this, I unmuted command comms with the goal of, at least once, providing aid to at least one other outfit in a fight. It's not the first time I've used command comms, but it was the first time during ops and HOLY SKYWHALES the chatter was strip-club-next-to-KFC levels of thick. However, no one was shouting. I was told fables of the butt-hurt experienced by that channel and was happily corrected. The VS had pushed the central and northern latices. Command called for aid to North Grove Post and VCO answered. Although the fight was ultimately unsuccessful, I felt good know that we do have the ability at listen and respond to our comrades now when I take the seat. I'll probably still mute command if there's an alter on a different continent than what we're stationed on, I swear I spent a good five mins trying to adjust my channel volumes to ensure I could still hear my leads and soldiers.

After the alert ended, VCO found itself on Hossin and pretty much spent the rest of the night sparring a bit with GOKU. At one point I tried to split my forces across two front, another first for me, simply so the fighst weren't a complete "who can come up with the most guys" battle. It actually made for some good fights, Alpha contested Mulac Foundry while Bravo and Charlie defended Genesis Terraforming Plant. It taught me a couple of things, some of which I probably should have known going in, like the territory right beside the tech plant is more important than the one two links away. But also to trust my leads to carry their own objectives a little more often and to swap between fronts a little more quickly by moving gals without telling my team to redeploy. Shoutout to GOKU, those were some fun fights!

Join us next time on Sunday at 8:00 EST for our official ops!
  7. Hatsunemiki

VCO! Blastin and relaxin! Or, rather, blasting and holy bujeebus command comms! Tuesday's official ops found us on Amerish for a prime-time(ish) alert. Luckily it has just started as ops began and we were able to set up our eventual three squads with ease. And, for the second time ever, I unmuted command comms with the intention to help our our brothers and sisters in blue. We ultimately won the alert, so I couldn't have messed up all that badly. :p But ohhhh myyyy goodness. Perhaps I was simply lucky the first time, there were a lot more comms than I was used to but no one was butt-hurt. This time, however, was a different story. Another platoon was busy pushing the TR latice and griping about receiving no support from the rest of the NC. They then proceeded to defend themselves as questions were raised over why they weren't helping to defend Lithcorp Central or AuraxiCom Network Hub, both of which were lost to the VS early in the alert. And then bickering upon bickering began to layer upon itself until I finally decided to mute the thing and clear my head. I was prepared to keep it that way, until Chris convinced me to keep at it. Thank you, Chris. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have been able to make one of our highlights of the night!

The VS had a lead early in the alert and were pushing the northern latices very hard. North Grove Post and Moss Ravine changed hands many times that night, but it was starting to look like the VS were committing to their siege, assigning almost four platoons to battle our blue and yellow brethren. We had to direct their attention elsewhere as to keep the fights alive at those lattice links as well as allow the TR to push into the VS from the south. VCO was assaulting Moss Ravine ahead of the battle back at North Grove to try and bring the VS back and allow the NC to push up. As the battle intensified, I heard NoJumpers of LUX over command comms call out for assistance at Auraxicom Network Hub, they were trying to take back what was lost in the early alert but were losing logistics. Seeing that were were successful in pulling the battle back to Moss Ravine and throwing the VS hordes on the defensive, I replied that help was on the way and had my three squads Gal up and on their way to Network Hub. The fight there was tough, to say the least. Arriving, we dropped onto the point room building and scaled down to the point itself to find it well guarded. Luckily they were not prepared to guard from all sides, and a drop from the northern entrance timed with a push from the lower staircase secured the point room and gave us a fighting chance. We certain did our job in redirecting attention from the other fronts, the VS spawned in greater numbers and the fighting became less of a base attack and more like a game of laser dodgeball. It became clear we needed more firepower to win and backing off the front would just leave more VS to attack the TR pushing from the south or, even worse, our own NC. I called out to command to keep the fight alive as VCO prepped a Max Drop. Three squads of Maxes rained down on the base and our resecure of the point room was successful. The resulting fight was a little more even, but not nearly as easy as one would expect from roughly 20 maxes in one building. The VS pulled their own Maxes and the fighting continued until we were overwhelmed once more. Good fight, VS! Good fight, VCO!

Did we win Network Hub? No. But it was a hell of a good fight and our efforts were not in vain as we opened the fronts of the NC to retake Moss Ravine and for the TR to siege from the south. Second attempt as using alert-time command comms was successful and the NC claimed victory in the Amerish Alert! Great job everyone! :D

Annnnd after the alert we all went to Indar and totally gal dropped the heck out of The Palisade and claimed the base with VCO tags because, you know, you gotta end the night with at least one capture under your name. :p

Catch us tonight at 8:00 EST for our next official ops and then on Sunday at the same time!
    • Up x 1
  8. cfschris

Hey folks, outfit lead Chris here checking in for a long overdue update on VCO happenings over the past few months.

As of March, we've hit our recruitment goal of 500 on the roster! Every since, we've now opted for monthly recruitment contests instead of quarterly - the reward for being our top recruiter per month is a solid $20 in Steam Cash, which can be used for station cash or for anything else on Steam your heart desires!

Additionally, we've promoted four new squad leads and taken in around 50 new additions to our community combined via our Planetside as well as EVE divisions. We're still here, we're still active, and we're still kicking *** every day (and especially so on our OPs nights, back up to a guaranteed full platoon every time!)

Next OPs are tomorrow, same time, same place (2000 EST, Auraxis). See you there!
    • Up x 1
  9. cfschris

OPS AAR 28 JUN 15

Hot damn! Tonight, we were graced by the spirit of Space Abraham Lincoln himself: not only was the Voodoo Shipping Co. beacon of liberty passed from retired Community Lead CaptainInArms to newly inaugurated Community Lead HatsuneMiki, but we clutched an alert win by literally under five seconds on Amerish as well!

It was also our first impromptu join after-ops activity; joining Phoenix Battalion in their VS-Warpgate-And-Back Harraser race, veteran squad lead Infinint beat out all 100+ racers! It was a magical night, gents. Huge thank you to all who participated, and a special thank you to squad lead Titanfall in his first successful live run of the newly reactivated Ron Paul Rangers special operations division.

Good show, all. Tonight was a magical night.

(Featured: Infinint in his final 500m dash to the warpgate, dodging fire in his race to the finish)

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. CaptainInArms

We're still going strong! Participated and helped win a fantastic alert with lots of saves and good fights!

VCO couldn't be in a better place right now, and we're not going to let success slow us down.

No BR requirements.
    No skill requirements.
    No cert requirements.
    No mic requirements.
    No overly negative vibes and abrasive behavior.

Just have open ears and eager temperaments. Our knowledgeable leads are looking forward to working with you in Squads, Platoons, Proximity Chat, and Command Chat!

VCO - making more difference on the battlefield and fast-tracking new players to greatness since 2013!
    • Up x 1
  11. Peahats

And now, A VCO moment from tonight's ops....

Esamir, the Vanu Sovereignty has launched a full out tank offensive on the small outpost of Bridge-Ward. The good folks at VCO came up with a daring plan to rid the region of the spandex-wearing, techno-cult scum. The brave platoon of New Conglomerate soldiers climbed their way up an icy mountain near Wastherson's Redemption, the trek was difficult, but VCO doesn't quit! From the top of that mountain, they rained hell on enemy vehicles using anti-armor MANA turrets and lock on rocket launchers. The Vanu troops tried to knock VCO off their perch, and even the TR picked a fight, but they were no match for the superior firepower the NC had at their disposal. The squad lovingly called this strategy, "King of the Hill."
    [IMG]

VCO runs ops every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday at 8:00PM EST. Check out http://voodooshipping.net/ if you wanna know more.
    • Up x 1
  12. Peahats

Another moment of VCO hilarity...

After a Hossin alert that ending in a New Conglomerate victory, a VCO squad led by cfschris decided to end the night in style with a good ol' fashioned harasser race. At the Indar warpgate, we lined up our dragsters only to find that several vehicles from PHX and other outfits had lined up behind us. What ensued was a multi-vehicular Mad-Max style death-race with no rules and tons of friendly fire.

VCO runs ops every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday at 8PM EST

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Daigons

Name: Dunwichs

I would like to apply for VCO. I sent an in-game request and I'll visit the Outfit's website to look for an application forum.

*** Update ***
    I submitted my application on the official VCO website. Thank you.
  14. cfschris

Hey man, thanks for joining us! If your application hasn't been processed already, I'll personally make sure it goes through now!

Welcome aboard!
  15. Peahats

VCO moving forward!

The outfit is doing great right now, recruitment is booming, membership is rising, and active users are at an all time high, so much so that we now regularly run 2 platoons during ops! This allows us to split up our numbers and take multiple objectives, or supply our ground forces with logistics.

In other news, the VCO Server Smash half-squad was running scrims on the PTS last night, practicing point holds and 1v1 scenarios. That's right! VCO is getting into the server smash scene!

If you wanna get in on some of this action, check us out at voodooshipping.net!
  16. cfschris

Woh, hey, we still exist!

Our designated thread bumping Public Affairs Officer (Peahats) got stolen by real life a few months back as well as by Fall Out 4 most recently. So here's a bump from yours truly with an update on Voodoo Company and our Planetside 2 activity!

First, we've just begun a new recruitment initiative to combat the overall game activity decline, of which we've been feeling the effects of over the past month. So, expect a crowd of new leaders and fresh blood in the coming weeks.

Second, we've got big things in store for 2016.....of which I am not at liberty to discuss at this moment, but will be known soon enough come New Years! Such suspense! Much mystery! Wow!

Thirdly, as usual, we're still and always will be keeping a lookout for leaders both new and old - if you're looking to find a new outfit through which to lead Planetmans to victory and success, as well as an outfit which affords great opportunity for advancement and leadership experience, look no further! We want YOU!

And in other news, our server smash team has recently undergone a revamp in policy - hopefully, the team we bring to next season will be a good few notches above the one we brought to the last one. We're also in the neighborhood for a new smash team lead, which if interested, send me a PM on our website at www.voodooshipping.net!

That is all. Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year, Emerald!
  17. Iamapirate

Cfschris, applied to your site. Look forward to playing with you all.
    • Up x 1
  18. cfschris

Got it! I'll make sure to get that processed tonight. Hope to see you on Sunday for Ops!
  19. Peahats

Happy New Year from VCO!

We've had some major changes in the outfit these past weeks, most importantly, we have a message from outfit lead cfschris:

We are also in the process of changing our official ops times, so make sure you check website (voodooshipping.net) for details. We hope you're having a great new year and would love to see you join VCO!
  20. cfschris

Hey all,

We've shifted our weekly Thursday Ops to Friday, with Thursday Ops being replaced with Infantry Training Thursdays!

Infantry Training Thursdays start at 1800 ET with our basic infantry training, proceeding into advanced "#GITGUD" infantry training hosted by our Ron Paul Rangers specialized infantry division at 1900 ET, with SPECTRE division training (see: super sneaky infiltration/recon tactics and gameplay) starting at 2200 ET.

And again, officially weekly Ops are now on a Sun/Tues/Fri schedule (no longer Sun/Tues/Thurs)!

Hope to see you out there!