This class lacks the basic tools required to perform its advertised role.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Dr. Euthanasia, Dec 10, 2012.

1. TexasCarbine

Old school infiltrating was the bomb in PS1. I remember times when we'd drop about ten guys in and cloak all the way inside the base, stage ourselves at different areas and destroy everything for an impending gal-drop, holding out in the hallways with explosives and ambushing anyone we could just to keep them distracted.

The STALKER suit needs to come back. I wouldn't care if I only had my Magshot as a weapon, the constant cloak is vital to the actual infiltration role which the class name would imply. When I saw it in the beta (albeit 999999999999 cert points were needed) words couldn't describe how excited I was to relive the old days of clandestine warfare, but now I don't even touch the class.

There's no point. You're not infiltrating anything. No excitement.

Give us our tools back SOE, make it fun again.
    • Up x 1
  2. Skeith

the thing that you dont get,is that the infiltrator should have mediocre CQC if the cloak actually worked to sneak inside,i personally dont have much problems about our scout rifles

however i do have a problem with our current stealth

the infiltrator should have good stealth period,and now toshogu dont tell me that you are doing fine because we have alredy proven that you cannot.

also get the difference between assaulting and infiltrating,because it's not the same thing

assaulting means forcing your way out by killing anyone stands in front of you

infiltrating means avoiding combat

now if the infiltrator had bad CQC and good stealth i would be perfectly fine about it,in planetside 1 the infiltrator could only equip a pistol,he was a terrible,TERRIBLE fighter,because he wasnt a fighter but a saboteur.

but right now the infiltrator has a poor excuse of a stealth,for the weapons that he actually owns.

also you might want to change that light defended bases to desert bases,because i highly doubt that even in an AMP station with 2-3 people on guard you can hack a terminal spawn a sunderer and blow up the generators alone.

really toshogu just go away from this thread,the simple fact that you are admitting that the infiltrators should not be able to do crap inside the tech plants and biodomes,shows how little understanding of our role you have.

@pachins i actually love that EMP dart idea,but even by having some door to hack,like PS1 could be nice as well. ( i miss mah R.E.K T_T )

let's be clear were not pretending that the infiltrator should single handely destroy an entire base,but an infiltrator inside a base should be a danger for your enemy,not an ignorable threat
  3. Toshogu

Stealth got buffed so you can sneak behind people and knife the **** out of them now.

I think you have very little understanding of how the biodomes an the techplants prevent infiltration. L2P all the qq'ing about stealth won't change the fact that biodomes and techplants are antithesis to our class. No amount of buffs to this class will change that fact, aside from turning us into CQC gods. So continue licking them windows and shed those tears.
  4. Dr. Euthanasia

I'm afraid I have to agree with Toshogu on this one. Nothing short of a 100% invisible stealth while moving, that didn't provide any hit registration when shot, and some very good luck on dodging those grenades, would ever get you past the kind of zergs that can show up in most well-defended tech plants and bio labs. Moreover, what is there to do once you get inside them? We can't blow up sunderers in the back of tech plants, and the only other thing both bases have is generators. You're never going to take one of those down by yourself even if you're some kind of freakish mix between a MAX and Heavy Assault with the same stealth kit we already have.

Regarding stealth being buffed... I'll have to see for myself how much more effective it is. I doubt you can just run in front of someone and be completely overlooked.
  5. Skeith

ye i think im done talking with,you,L2P here,L2P there,when it was alredy proven that you suck with the infiltrator

not to mention that you are admitting another time that infiltrator should be useless in 2 of the 3 main buildings

but hey give me a decent stealth and ill show you,how i cannot sneak inside a base
  6. Toshogu

no but you can come up from behind, decloak and stab the crabs out them now
  7. Toshogu

my point being is that the qq window lickers want a catchall uber anti vehicle anti seige killmachine. I'm all happy with hacking sunderers. Show me a situation in which you would be able to hack one unless it is either extremely lightly defended, or abandoned? The respawn rate is far to quick and usually if the place is of any interest at all will be spawned from so regularly that you won't be able to get close let alone be able to sit and hack quick enough. I don't mind giving us that abillity just because if you can pull it off you're either lucky, or godlike. and you should get 300xp for hacking it too.

L2P the infiltrator instead of turning it into something that it is not. We are not the class you take for seige warfare. We are the advanced scouts that prepare places for invasion while they are lightly defended. We are best taking those perimeter spawns around techplants and biolabs ahead of the zerg. We are long range support, and flankers. And if you don't like the fact that you as an infiltrator are a SUPPORT class along with MEDIC and ENGINEER. You need to play one of the attack classes like Light Assault, Heavy Assault, or MAX.
    • Up x 1
  8. vampwood

You know you can do all those roles as other classes with much better efficiency, the cloak does pretty much nothing, your weapons leave you out gunned most of the time unless you vastly out skill your opponent, you have less shield then all the other classes so you die faster, THE only thing that makes infil somewhat good at capping those outposts is the recon sensor, which lets you know where the enemy is coming from, but honestly if you were there as HA you would have a easier time capturing said outpost.

Class is objectively weak, brings nothing to the table that isn't sniping or recon sensor, hacking is pretty pointless/weak except for one trick ponies. While we may be in our "best" attacking when theres small amounts of people, why is the infiltrator class the only case for that, every other class is more useful and effective in large attack scenarios or small attack scenarios.

We don't want a catchall **** machine class which is the HA atm, we want something that can be useful outside of hacking token terminals and sensors. We want to be able to sneak in behind enemy lines and actually infiltrate EFFECTIVELY by using the strength of our class, not just running around a flank etc and not just to snipe.

Stop with the L2P if you really can't perform well and if thats how well you perform as an infiltrator and consider yourself a good player, clearly the class has some issues.
  9. Warez

@Pachins

God, you are soldiering so hard against this it's practically sad.
  10. Drazen

So the new update is out, infiltrators are once again shunned and ignored, devs keep dodging the issue and won't buff the infiltrator guns, give us smgs, or fix the broken highly visible cloak.....who else is mad as hell about this?

plus they actually nerfed the cloak more by making it 3 distinct noises..
  11. Yasser

Infiltrators need a better cloak and C4, and I'd also say Infiltrators and only Infiltrators should be able to sabotage generators, perhaps along with Engineers. I find it annoying to be a Sniper when its not my true job, we are not called Snipers, we are called Infiltrators. Our goal is to sabotage, our capabilities are supossedly more tactically oriented, we need to be able to sneak in better. I am okay with the fighting as long as we can do more harm in other ways, as with an improved cloak, we could atleast flee from a squad of heavies or lights coming to murder us. After all we are not Assassins.

I say it, I am a very good Infiltrator, stealth is one of my passions, but I still say we need some more tweaks.
  12. Dr. Euthanasia

I don't know about denying other classes the ability to sabotage generators. It would have to be a lot easier to blow them up if that were the case, and then we'd see situations where people just shoot them from across entire rooms with rockets. It'd give attackers a pretty ridiculous advantage in some bases (ie: tech plants especially after the recent changes), too, which isn't exactly fair to the engineers tasked with repairing the things. Alternatively, leaving the generators nigh-indestructible and thus forcing people to play Infiltrator or Engineer just to take territory, while not necessarily a problem on busy days, would still leave a lot of people waiting around for someone else to do the job for them, and it wouldn't make those classes feel important by their own merits.

The idea of hackable terminals which provide passive benefits to the faction under their control interests me quite a bit more. Things like granting control of certain forcefields or even lifts could potentially give us something significant to do without also being a priority objective for enemy players to defend.
  13. Drazen

WE SHOULD BE CALLED GIMPFAILTRATORS
    gimped-fail-traitors
    I think that all the infils who are ****** off to the point of madrage for the devs ignoring us, we should kill as many HA, ENG , MED AND LA of OUR OWN FACTION as we can without getting wep locked. Farm the **** out of our own factions other classes. If I see you going for a shield gen, sorry you're dead. If I see you trying to cap a point with me, sorry you're dead. the only ones I wont touch are fellow infils, unless you are holding a sniper rifle, then you are dead too.
    p.s if you see a sniper of your own faction with a nice camping spot, feel free to pop a cap in his head.
  14. Pachins

More complaining from Drazen. Anyone tired of hearing from him yet. I didn't see any other classes in the changes get love. I would wait a little longer before setting the game on fire and pissing out the ashes.
  15. Dr. Euthanasia

To be fair, none of the other classes really need love in comparison to ours. Of course, being fair also demands that I point out how Drazen is completely overreacting, and raging isn't going to convince anyone to take these complaints seriously.
  16. Pachins

We have found our common ground. I am completed.
  17. Zinn

I just think the Infiltrator needs a couple of cheaper full/semi auto options and some better pistol choices. Hell, just letting us equip 1x-4x scopes on ALL rifles would vastly improve the ability to infiltrate bases because we'd be able to shoot at short range. The cloak isn't that bad IMO, although it could use a little love when you move in sunlight: When it's night, though, I pity those non-infiltrating fools because we become nearly entirely invisible at range and it can even be difficult to spot us up close if we stand still.
  18. Pachins

I added the silencer to pistol and love it. Would love to see a better pistol if they improve stealth. Feels more infiltrator to me.
  19. OldMaster80

Devs, in case you didn't understand,
    The STALKER suit needs to come back The STALKER suit needs to come back The STALKER suit needs to come back The STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back STALKER suit needs to come back! :mad:
    • Up x 1
  20. Drazen

infiltrator class needs better cqc guns, better stealth, and lamp posts. I give soe 5 days before I uninstall. Until then I kill every friendly sniper I see with a good camping spot.