The most useless weapon?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codex561, May 18, 2014.

1. ddraig

The duster. I paid for it with station cash = real money, and I actually feel defrauded.
    • Up x 1
  2. Yeahy

Photon pods (which I bought with sc). Luckily, I got a refund.
    The worst weapon in the whole game would be the drake.
  3. Leftconsin

UGH. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the Drake exists because SOE thought Basilisks would be too OP on aircraft.
    • Up x 1
  4. Huxer

The Artemis, why doesn't everyone want a slow firing ,143 damage LMG style weapon with 25 rounds in a clip on their infiltrator?
  5. Leftconsin

I just looked at the Drake's stats compared to the Basilisk and surprisingly found the Drake to be strictly better. It feels a lot worse than it's stats suggest.
    • Up x 1
  6. Yeahy

The artemis is very good at close quarters or under 15 meters. The fire rate is a bit slow but it still is a solid weapon.
  7. Yeahy

Its fire rate is slow (but not slower than the basilisk), the damage is bad (but probably better than the basilisk), is bullet speed is slow (but better than the basilisk). At least the basilisk can hit enemy armor. Plus it can take down infantry pretty well.
  8. Huxer

very good at CQC compared to what, an Eridiani? A Sirius? a commissioner? Nope, I do not agree.
  9. Yeahy

To each his own.
  10. Kwanza

:( I like my lasher...
  11. TheKhopesh

You forgot Triage.

Even after the medic update, it's still so incredibly inconsequential that even max rank's not worth 150 certs, let alone 1,350.
  12. Axehilt

1. G2G Lock-ons
    2. EMP Grenade
    3. Decoy Grenade
  13. Llamar

Tactics closely followed by strategy.
    • Up x 1
  14. Axehilt

Eh, it's still pretty broken. I assume from your tone here that they reduced it at some point during my 3-month break from PS2. But I came back to use it (and have it used against me) just as good as always. No noticeable difference; feels ridiculously powerful on my own using it, and basically totally broken with a coordinated squad using it.
  15. ApolloMCProductions

Spawn beacon is the winner
    [IMG]
    No killing potential and it places a gosh darn marker on top of you as though screaming:
    "Yo, you in the blue and red; I'm here for when you get around to killing me!"

(although I guess that one could lure enemies with it :rolleyes:)
  16. Ronin Oni

o_O You're not doing something right...

Tomcats are pretty strong.

Best option for taking on Libs and Gals, still help with fighting ESF's.

ProTip: You can swap to rotary while keeping lock on target so you deal nosegun damage while guiding and reloading the TomCats.

They're great dogfight openers, or finishers if they try to run.
  17. Ronin Oni

It's range limited to just about inf render distance.
  18. PastalavistaBB

Infantry render distance is maximum 300m. Even less in big fights. The max range of the AV Mana Turret is 450m atm. Tanks still get instagibbed by AV Mana squads before the Engineer nor the turret renders.
  19. Ronin Oni

450m travel, closer to 420m is reality :p

Turret itself renders at 450m though doesn't it? (or is supposed to...)

Also, still a far sight better than the 1km+ range it had originally :D
  20. Linedan

C85 Canister. Because what a main battle tank needs is a secondary weapon with an effective range of eight meters.

Runner-up is the battle rifle (Warden, for NC). I know some people like the thing but I absolutely suck with it, like, worse than usual.
    • Up x 1