The most useless weapon?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codex561, May 18, 2014.

1. Halcyon

TR Striker.
    More effective if you use it as a club in melee.
    • Up x 1
  2. Leftconsin

I'm kinda disappointed you can't club people with your guns.
    • Up x 1
  3. K2k4

I've always thought instead of quick-knifing, the guns should have a bayonette on them. Makes more sense than pulling out a dagger while you have a machinegun in your hands...

Maybe they should make it an attachment option. that'd be neat.
  4. DFDelta

Wrong. The C85 Modified is worse then those.

(And I'm actually being serious here.)
  5. ExarRazor

duster, lasher, canister enforcer
  6. Sagabyte

The canister is literally the most useless weapon in the game. Nothing can sink below it's tier. After they changed the damage falloff in PU2, they completely ruined any ranged ability that the cannon had. It needs a 125x10 flat damage rating to reward long-range accuracy with the shotgun and to allow it to kill effectively as well as a magazine buff to 16 for sustained killing potential.
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

The EM1 was dumpster tier when I bought it, and I haven't tried it since.
  8. Codex561

EM1 is not all that bad. It got very good sustained fire capabilities.
  9. Whatupwidat

AC-X11 - first "new weapon" I ever bought with certs. Used it for a week - ******* hated it. Still do. Just an utterly pointless weapon that fails at nearly everything I want it to do. Might be usable for my play-style IF it had better attachments or a 30 round clip...but as it is? Naw, hate it haha
  10. RHINO_Mk.II

So does every other LMG by virtue of being LMGs, and the rest don't suck at everything else too.
  11. Epic High Five

The EM1 at least enjoys the title of "Best Reload Efficiency of All Guns" in that it can reload 200 rounds of 143 damage bullets in 3.5 seconds.

That's a whopping 8,171 damage returned to your magazine for every second you spend reloading. That's 1,000 more damage than the Orion has in its entire mag reloaded in a single second, and it even stays pretty accurate with the exmags instead of a grip.
  12. Codex561

but its my 2nd fav carbine...
  13. Aquilae

for me, flash kobalt. I don't know what I was thinking. i can't think of a situation where it'd be useful since the fury exists. I foolishly thought I could use it at longer ranges while on the move, but since it's not particularly accurate and every little bump in the road throws your aim, that doesn't work. and the damage is just pitiful.
  14. Codex561

What about long range sniping harassers and stuff? Fury may do it better but takes more aim and less room for mistake. Also its a lot cheaper.
  15. Aquilae

the damage is too low for this to be effective. plus it requires you to mostly sit still (which makes you bait for any random rocket or tank who happens to notice you), EXCEPT when you have to reposition as the harasser drives across your very limited field of aim, then stop/slow to re-draw a bead after the flash stops bobbing around before you can resume.

but the main problem is still just the pathetic damage. i just hopped into VR to try, it takes roughly 14 seconds of continuous 100% accuracy fire at point blank range, and 100 rounds, for the kobalt to kill a harasser (and taking into account damage drop off, it goes up to ~19 seconds at 65m and requires almost every last bullet of the fully upgraded 150 round magazine).

fury does it in like 5 seconds, with one full 12 round magazine.

besides, for fighting other vehicles on the flash, the way to do it is always always to follow them around until they pull away from the battle, already partially damaged, and then jump them. so much easier to do this with the fury, and with the fury you can usually shoot at the side of the vehicle and ALSO kill the guy who's doing the repairing with the splash damage.

imo for the kobalt to be viable would have to do at least double its current damage, be considerably more accurate (and/or gain some kind of magic turret stabilization, but i don't think they can do that), but cut its magazine in half
  16. Konstantinn

Weird, I find it pretty good for short range, semi-decent at long range. My go to weapons are T32 bull (close/medium range) and T16 Rhino (medium/long range). I even use appropriate ammo meaning short ranged for T32 and high velocity for T16. Both with 2X scope.
  17. MostlyClueless

I have the Striker and the Annihilator. I live in hope that one day the Striker will have a point.
  18. Skallo

Man, I purchased the NS Deep Freeze with 1,000 certs just because I thought it would be humiliating (for the enemy, of course) to be killed by a stupid snowball gun. But, nope! I was wrong! I died about five million times trying to kill someone with that thing and ended up punching a hole in my desk.
  19. Whatupwidat

Hence why I said "for my playstyle" :p
  20. The Baconater

[IMG]