The most useless weapon?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codex561, May 18, 2014.

1. maudibe

I find the lock takes too long if they are coming at me and doesnt seem to work.
    It seems to lock best when they are moving away form me, just like lock on launchers, however that is broken when they turn around and start comming at me, making the whole point of gettting the lock and firing worthless.
    I imagine it goes something like this, they run and then hear the lock and see its an A2A lock and then turn to face the attacker to break the lock or run behing some mountain. Libs and Gals are much slower and Ya....i can get locks on them o.k.
    The main purpose of getting the tomcats for me was to get ESTs tho.

I seem to have as much luck firing on Libs and Gals with rocket pods however so why ever use Tomcats?
  2. Codex561

Your sig made me smile, have a free like!
  3. Ronin Oni

#1: You shouldn't be losing your lock if they flip and charge you and you've already fired, or even if you've had a second to start your lock.

#2: Tomcats > Rocketpods for Gals, and primarily Libs, because they allow you to engage them at much longer ranges.

#3: If you just want to engage ESF's, Coyote's are the weapon of choice.

Seems to me you're trying to use Tomcats against ESF's at to short of ranges which is definitely a problem. At shorter ranges you should only use your rotary, if they get at range, then you go back to tomcats.

Mostly though, Tomcats are for hunting Libs at safer ranges than Rocket Pods force you to engage at.

They're somewhat niche, but definitely useful.
    • Up x 1