Telstra 3G Broadband users with Router Model 3G21WB

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Veratu, Nov 24, 2012.

1. the pestimist

im am having that exact issue goddamit for me it started 2013 12:00 exactly Brisbane time well then again my internet working terribly for many things like youtube not buffering like it used to. every day I watched videos in 720hd or 1080hd I have no idea wtf is going on with my internet btw full bars all the time.:(
  2. Diablo Vash

Played for the first time Saturday.. I had no choice but to buy their new 4G modem from Telstra for $50 and was guaranteed by the Telstra employee it would pick up service at my house without the antenna I have on the roof (They didn't have any patch leads so I could connect it to my antenna anyway). Once getting home and starting it up I find out it's unable to pick up any signal anywhere in the house, I began calling Telstra for a fix and get told to get service I would either need to buy a patch lead or a hub for the device from them. To cut this very FRUSTRATING story short I was without the net for a month, spending every second day on the phone to Telstra and unable to get all this new crap they made me buy to get my service running again. Any sort of money I was going to spend for stuff in this game has pretty much gone into all the crap needed to get my net running again and be able to play this for the first time..
  3. Veratu SOE

Diablo - I know you've had a long journey to play the game, and I appreciate you sticking it out. My teams have been working on a really slick work-around for these kinds of problems that I hope to have available this month, but it has to go through extensive testing before I sign off on it.

I'm preparing a PM for you in a few moments, please check it when it comes in. Thanks much!
    • Up x 1
  4. Diablo Vash

5. SouperMatty

Any updates on this situation? I have a 3G21WB as well, same issue.
    It's disappointing that Netcomm/Telstra won't consider an update since the last firmware came out in late October, less than 3 months ago. I guess I understand it from a business perspective.

If it's a packet-mangling issue, are we able to run some funky intermediate networking software to un-mangle the packets before they get to the game, or is that not viable?
  6. Diablo Vash

I am going to be donating the router to SOE so they can do further testing on the problem, I live in a rural area and only get into town once a month and I'll be heading in on the 25th, I'm hoping they get the shipping label they are sending to me by then so I can send it straight away. If not I wont be able to do it for another month.
  7. Veratu SOE

Netcom has stopped supporting the device as it's no longer manufactured, so no future firmware update will be released (so they've told us anyway).

However, we are working on a solution for this that we've been testing internally that we believe will help you guys with this router. I'll post more details when I can. It won't be much longer. Thanks for your patience.
    • Up x 1
  8. NukeNC

I hope you guys can really do this cause I have the same problem and I have deleted Planetside 2 off my computer until this problem is solved.
  9. -=MUTILATER=-

Hi All ,

Sorry to chime in with some information, Simply giving you all some better news as there are options for all Telstra 3G players, even in rural locations. (However not all areas are serviced see note below)

Firstly, yes I'm a Telstra 3G customer, don't get me started on what I think either .......

I play Planetside from a rural location using a Netcom 3G9WB Gateway router (The first model they came out with when the 3g network was established) has worked flawlessly for years, I'm 5 Kls from my tower but also run a 16DB gain Yagi external antenna, giving me excelent signal strength. (BTW you can make your own Yagi, very easy)

Now there is another router which will also work on the Telstra network it's a "Globesurfer" version 2, 3 and 3+ ( You see them secondhand also upon fleabay) failing that a new V2 is about $150 or a V3+ $260 (The difference is the speed a V2 will do 7MB and a 3+ will do 14MB) these units will accept the Telstra Sim and others, i'll talk about that a bit further down.

Second hand Netcom 3G9WB's come up on OCAU ... leave a post looking for one and I'm sure someone has one collecting dust in the cupboard and you will get it for probably ... $50 tops. This is not ideal but works so my advice is look into a Globsurfer to suit your budget.

OK now the next part is not a sales **** or anything of the nature .... I'm purely expressing a point to give you ANOTHER option and ditch the "T".

Kogan Mobile (The company) sell mobile phone packs for $29 a month and you get unlimited calls, sms and 6GB of data per month , rem the price and compare .... Ok
    Now this service utilizes the Telstra 3g network, therefore you can purchase a sim (they even have a trial period) and pop it into your mobile phone or even a Globesurfer :) ... use T's network and get nice speed and reliable connection using an external antenna. This will allow you to save ya bucks and ditch you know who. Now this is the catch .... They only have access to a certain percentage of the 3g towers outside major locations, if your in there footprint I suggest you get a $5 sim and test it free in your mobile for a week and see if it works for you at your location. I personally don't have one yet but a m8 in rural vic uses this same setup and it worked when he visited me here in outback SA. So i'll be setting this same Globesurfer 3+ and a Kogan sim here very soon.

So just see if you can get a connection on your smart phone or even in a locked Telstra phone as the sim also works in them also, and make a decision that suits your needs. but say 3 x sims using 18GB a month will cost you $90 (Even cheaper if you purchase a 12 month deal for a sim)

Lots of reading about Kogan on Whirlpool also if you don't believe what I say here .... As I bet your skeptic and I don't blame you in the slightest, I'm in no way stating to do this or even wanting to state another company in competition to this thread.

My reply is simply to offer you guys another solution for you to look into and you never know .... You may be one happy camper.

Telstra ha been overcharging us now for far too long with total crap data cap on wireless and times change, do the maths yourself and you might get a pleasant surprise at a saving you possibly may be able to utilize.

GL and if you need any further info hit me up, but I'v given you the leads and the names to get you more than interested.

AGAIN .... No sales pitch intended so don't assume what you clearly don't know.

Regards Mutly.
  10. megz1138

just downloaded this game finally and I find out this is an issue :( , any news on a solution?
  11. bieltanman

has this been fixed yet