Telstra 3G Broadband users with Router Model 3G21WB

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Veratu, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Baelfour

Lets just hope that it's not CCP type "Soon™"...
  2. Baelfour

3. Diablo Vash

I just hope this game is worth the wait and annoying e-mails / phone calls I had to make to even get a possible fix coming (It's stupid how so many tech supports blame something on your side before they even look and find it's their side). All my friends have been playing a while and are ages ahead of me in the game already and I haven't even had a minute to even try the game out..
  4. Veratu SOE

Just as an update, we received an update that the unit itself is discontinued but that they are working with the manufacturer to try and get a firmware update for the device to resolve the issue. They said they would contact us(me) when they have more information.

If it is indeed a discontinued product and they don't release a firmware update, I wonder if Telstra would replace the affected units with a different make/model that doesn't have the problem...

Let's just hope the manufacturer addresses it :) We'd love to have you guys in game. We'll keep pushing on our side to try and assist you.
  5. Hojirozame

Wow, all of your responses seem alot more positive then the one I just got:

"Currently this router does not work with planetside 2. We have been contacted by sony about this issue but since the product is end of life there is no further development that can be done on it. If you wish to play planetside 2 then you will have to use a different router."

Ok then...
  6. Owen Fox

This was pretty much to be expected of Telstra. It was optimistic to believe they might do something about it.
    I'm getting a new modem very soon because I'm fed up with the trouble this one causes anyway, not just with Planetside 2, regardless of whether this issue is fixed or not. If it is fixed, that simply means I'll be able to play it while I wait for my modem.
    Sadly, sony can't replace everyone's routers, and if you expect Telstra to do it then you are very optimistic indeed, so this issue will probably not be fixed any time soon.
  7. Zulsoke

More likely never will be fixed and Telstra are not the company to go replace a modem for mainly a single game when they can make us pay $200-300 for a new one.
  8. Veratu SOE

Unfortunately I too have not good news. I was contacted by the manufacturer today and they indicated because the product is end of life no more development or firmware updates will be provided moving forward. They suggested that we have you contact your provider to see if they'd be willing to exchange your units for different makes/models.

I wish I had better news. I'm not sure why the game worked for some of you in Beta but not Release. I have checked the code revisions myself for the last 4 months and literally zero changes were made to the communication layer of our client/server. We also checked the history of hardware/network changes and even ran an internal test on production gear of all the changes that have been made since the game was in beta (hardware wise) until now, and saw no difference in the results so we're fairly confident with all of our data that it is just some unusual circumstance with this device and packet corruption.

Unfortunately we don't have one of these devices in house to test with, so it makes it a little more challenging.

We have one more avenue we're investigating, but I don't have high hopes for it... that's all I've got for now.
  9. RaZz0R

Seriously, dump 3G already and get ADSL / DSL OR CABLE!

Wireless even 3g isnt good enough for fps!
  10. Diablo Vash

RaZz0R don't start that bs here. Not everyone has access to those connections and that is why we are on 3G..

I am going to call Telstra right now about this and find out what they will do about it....
  11. Owen Fox

Not everyone has access to ADSL/DSL/Cable.
    Also I get around 50-60ms pinging the servers, from central queensland. That's fine for an FPS.
    Why did you even come to this thread anyway?
  12. Diablo Vash

Great I have no choice but to fork out $50 for this new damn router they have that "might" work for me. This games now costing me money before i even get to play...
  13. Owen Fox

Telstra* is costing you money. It isn't SOE's fault.
    At least the game's free, so you didn't spend $60 and then get home and find out you gotta spend another $50 to play the game because of telstra.
  14. Twitchi

Does anyone know if Telstras 4G wifi moden works or does it have the same issue?
    I will look at upgrading but want to make sure first before investing in another modem.
  15. Toddster

Unfortunately for me, I probably won't be able to get that Wifi modem since I don't have a wireless card in this desktop PC (and I don't intend to get one), and I don't think that Wifi modem contains Ethernet ports. :(
  16. Twitchi

Hi Toddster,
    According to the Telstra salesperson, the internet connection can run directly through your usb port where the 4G device is plugged in so no need for a wifi compatable computer (I would check with them again if you enquire about it).
    Im not sure if this slows the speed down at all.
    They also said on a new plan, they will throw in the new 4G wifi modem free of charge (usually $48) because i mentioned
    there old device is faulty.
    Worth a try
    I hope this helps.
  17. bieltanman

WHY DID IT WORK IN BETA I DIDENT CHANGE MY FIRMWARE WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG
  18. Veratu SOE

Fellow gamers. We've come up with a test scenario we would like you to try. Since all of the data we have points to this router corrupting the UDP packets when passing through the device, we want to know if any of you have the ability to VPN to another network (be it your work place, a friends house, or even just using a VPN service on the internet). When you connect to a VPN service your traffic will be tunneled via TCP, which will in a round about way get around the problem this router is displaying. If you are able to play via a VPN we at least have more data to work with.

If any of you have the ability to do this, please let me know the results or contact me privately to discuss.

Thanks
  19. Diablo Vash

G99 Error whenever I try to connect with a VPN..
  20. Diablo Vash

Ignore my last post, I just grabbed a free trial of https://www.hideman.net/en (Only get a hour a week to use it) and i went into the game and could use everything and talk...This did work. Kills me knowing I have a way I can play but would need to buy a VPN account even with the lag.