Stuck at 96% loading, game will not start

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hardwyre, Nov 19, 2013.

1. SLiCKRiCK

Someone on these forums actually posted a detailed explanation of what is going on at 96% some time ago. You are connecting to a different server that is transmitting a small file (around 500k), but at a very slow rate due to the number of people logging in at the same time. This bottleneck, so to speak, is what causes everyone to hang at 96%.
    • Up x 2
  2. Ruganum

Thank you for this interesting detail.

So it actually is a homemade problem, with lots of possible solutions...
  3. SSouljah

I didn't really feel like reading through 23 pages, but I thought I might just share this. I've been getting this ever since the new patch, It hasn't fixed it by verifying my files, but if I simply spam left click the screen it loads in typical time. Just some info.
  4. SLiCKRiCK

TLDR; Leave your client sitting @ 96% for like 20+ minutes and it will resolve itself.
  5. Northandler

It's good to know I'm not the only one having this problem.

Note: the spamming left click does work. It's like one of those see how many clicks you can before the clock runs out. Actally works. LOL.

By the reading from my internet they're trying to make it totally internet based instead of local content. The wait for load is about 10 minutes. The wait for login to server is about 10-15 minutes. Great game, but... How about you make your patches make the game better then worse, please.

Note: This could be a part of the bandwidth rationing I was hearing about in the news. Govvies decided to allow internet providers to limit bandwidth to whomever they please.
  6. MichaelS

well, or it crashes you to desktop without an info and you have to do the waiting game again. some chars log in after 1 min, others take .. felt like 10 min.
    • Up x 1
  7. PastalavistaBB

Just "Validate Game Assets". That solved this problem for me.
    • Up x 1
  8. FIRETRUCK

Sometimes validating the Game Assets may not solve the problem and you still need to sit and wait for several minutes (if not forever) to pass the 96% loading screen.

I solved the problem simply by removing PlanetSide2.exe in the game folder and let the Launcher download a fresh copy.
    Voila, now it's passing the loading screen almost instantly.

However, I still get stuck at "Logging in...". Probably due to population and/or server load.
  9. Maljas23

Tried this. Didn't work :(

*EDIT*
    Verifying files got me to the character screen, but now I am stuck in the infinite load loop everyone else is getting.
  10. JuicyJuice

Got stuck at 96%, spammed left click and go into the login screen. I went to sleep last night because I still couldnt play on Connery, i get up at 11:45 and I STILL cant play on Connery. F** me.
  11. Sin Of Satan

hey - this has worked for me in the past -

THIS IS A SONY LINK

https://lp.soe.com/ps2/live/

I SAY IT IS A SONY LINK BNECAUSE WHEN I POSTED THIS LAST TIME FOR THE SAME EXACT 96% BUG - I WAS BANNED FR4OM THE FORUMS FOR A WEEK FOR LINKING OUTSIDE OF SOE SITES. WHICH I WASN'T.

TRY THIS - ITS WORKS FOR HALF THE PEOIPLE THAT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

ITS A WEB BASED PLANETSIDE 2 LAUNCHPAD -

REALLY - IM NOT LYING OR TRYING TO INSTALL MALWARE SONY EMPLOYEES / FORUM ADMINS - FOLLOW IT YOURSELF

https://lp.soe.com/ps2/live/

HAVE A NICE DAY - SAVE THE LINK FOR THE NEXT TIME THIS HAPPENS
  12. Akaahn

This worked for me.
  13. FatFreddy01

Thank you someone. This happened to me, but the spam left click made it work instantly.
  14. Conran

Same. Stuck at 48%.
  15. Linus

to verify the game files worked for me, also to close the game and to clean the register errors (with ccleaner) and to launch the game again, allowed me to play the game.
    Also a reboot is advised if you are always stuck
  16. JackD

Stuck at 96% is a problem that is serverside. The log -in server cant handle the load. Its time for SOE to update it.
  17. Critic

I did the validate files and it worked once and got me past the loading but I could not log in to any servers listed. I have a character on connery (which was listed as down) briggs and waterson (which were listed as active.) Neither of these would let me log on. I then changed some firewall settings for PS2.exe and awesomium.exe Then I it did it again and was again stuck at 96% so I re-validate again and and tried a reload this time it let me load and I was able to log in to briggs but the server was pretty slow. I tried to log off briggs and it got stuck logging off. I killed the process and then reloaded again and was able to load and login to waterson and that seemeed a bit busier with players. But I logged off again as I play connery and that is my certed character and my waterson character I just created the other day for curiosity and I really don't want to start over again as the time invested in the connery character was a whole lot of my time and I'm not really up to doing that again. If they don't want me on connery anymore that is fine with me, but it would be nice if I could move my character to waterson instead of starting over.
  18. Forkyar24

19. RockPlanetSide2

I get back from Friday Night Magic at 10pm CST, gather up all the SOE clowns into the little SOE emergency response car, and get the problem fixed before I get back. Enough bumbling around is enough.

Thanks.
  20. Forkyar24

its the servers if you guys actually read..... https://www.soe.com/status

Status: 1/17/2014 13:47 PST - We are currently investigating a potential issue with server: Connery