Stuck at 96% loading, game will not start

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hardwyre, Nov 19, 2013.

1. evansra

+1 on miller
  2. Noktaj

I love how this happen to me EVERY patch.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. Adept

96%... This happens after all the patches. I think it's part of the design and no one actually fixes it. It just resolves after a while on it's own.. until the next patch.
    OR.... some very special people re-apply an already fixed issue in each patch.

Problem is.. I don't like any of these possibilities :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  4. maxkeiser

For the record I'm stuck at 96% as well ....
  5. Ryujin35

Not really good to assume either of those are true. It could also be:
    • Too many people trying to log in to the main server
    • A bug nobody can figure out how to fix (bugs can be very hard to fix sometimes)
    • Any number of other things
    Jussayin'. :p
  6. Adept

Haha! I admire your positive attitude :)
  7. vulcan78

+1 96%. I also love having to wait 5 minutes for an 400 MB update to download yet my network is 30 Gbps. It is a pure delight to have to experience an update every other day now, and wait upwards of 5 minutes just to start the game.

Please go back to patches every other week or once a month instead of every other day. Not only is this ridiculous, youre wasting my time.
  8. nitram1000

I'm getting to the character screen no problem but just doesn't go any further. Can we at least allow the paying subscribers in first?
  9. maxkeiser

Yep, I'm at character loading/logging in screen as well. I select character and it sticks at 'logging in'. Nothing happens (trying to log into Woodman).
  10. Adept

SO this is what happens after each patch with me:
    1 time: Stuck at 96%. Takes about 20 minutes to get processed to character selection screen.
    1 time/ character: 5-10 minute waiting on the character selection screen for the loading screen. Eventually it succeeds or PS2 just closes without any warnings. From this time the logon with this character will work OK.

Only a theory, but it would explain the repeated problem after patches:
    It seems like after each patch the character and account info needs to be cached onto the logon servers.
    Then the individual game servers need to cache the character info again... adding an extra 5-10 minute delay.
    This would normally take like a few seconds, but the databases are simply not designed to be open for write access for 100-200 threads.. so we get lot's of lost threads. It's a typical db2 database issue and I suspect even if other type is used, it won't be immune to this effect.

The fix for this theoretical issue would be to do the whole caching in a batch job prior re-opening of servers for logon. While it would add like 30 minutes extra down time, but it would result in smoother customer experience.

Just an advise - before I burst.
  11. Optimos

Happening to me as well. It only happened today and after the last patch during the double xp event. So it's a recent change that is causing this conflict for my system. But I know it has been an issue for others before that.
  12. xourico

you guys at least get into the game...
    I press the Play button on the Launcher and nothing happens... :\
    Meh... I wanted to play this... havent played since October... 1000+ hours played on steam, and now I cant play anymore :(, no matter the patch or what I do...
  13. JustARandomNobody

Good to see that every single patch results in an unplayable game while they try to figure out all the troubleshooting they should have done BEFORE RELEASING THE PATCH. I know Sony has always been incompetent, but this is out of control.
  14. ruan

agree with you all why does this happen after every patch and then a day or two later it is ok, all please raise support requests on this, we have to get SOE to fix it .. it is not our machines.
  15. Wantrepreneur

The amount of downtime of this game is unacceptable. Not a penny more from me.
  16. Nikushimi

Only if they either do not know how to properly use a debugger, or the bug happens to be associated with a module that 80% of the process relies on (Also known as terrible programming)

Though my bet would be a debugger issue, considering SOE is notorious for their terrible choice of tool sets.
  17. Jaybo H

It's right in the patch notes guys.
  18. WycliffSlim

Your network isn't 30gbps. That would be 30 Gigabytes per second which would be about 2,000 times faster that the global average of 18.4 megabytes per second. You've also got to remember that the game must install the update as well meaning it overwrites/deletes existing files. 5 minutes download and install is pretty good for a 400mb instal.

Edit: having this problem too though. Such annoying.
  19. DQCraze

Ive gotten into the habit of validating game assets after each patch, you do this by clicking on the little wrench on the bottom left screen that has the play button on it. Never have any issues since.
  20. Guitar_zomg

+1 - I got the 96% freezing issue as well and then I tried this ^ because it fixed the issue for me last patch. Unfortunately steam gave me a message saying that I was missing something like 3000ish files and it would download them... I now have to wait an hour for PS2 to redownload. I don't think this is an SOE issue, I just wanted to complain. Cheers.