Stuck at 96% loading, game will not start

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hardwyre, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Unleet

Steam has the initial set of files that it downloads (Set A) but the actual files are modified through the launcher due to patches (A+B) and SOE never updated the Steam download. When you had Steam verify it compared (A+B) to (A) saw the files you had didn't match and re-downloaded the ones that matched (A) which was probably everything.
  2. macklebee2

Initially stuck at 96%. Stopped the game via task manager several times. Now I am able to get to the server selection screen to log in, but when I click the LOG IN button nothing happens. Does SOE ever test these hotfix patches on anything other than the dev computers before implementing them?
  3. PhunkyPhantom

Complete Verification. Still at 96%.

Yea 4+ hours after devs say just wait for congestion to end.
  4. MajorMisfire

:mad:Why is it always BROKE..i have the same issue96%then stuck HMM and they want me to renew my premium pack LOLZZZ soe get er fixed and I would
    Has a developer even posted any thing..i looked and didn't see any
  5. RyanBurnsRed

Server problems that has lasted for nearly 3 days now probably caused by a messed up patch.

These are tough times we live in guys.
    Maybe once they get the PS4 version out, they'll give a damn about us :c either that, or have enough money to get better servers or testers to test their patches.
  6. NinjaKirby

I seldom have issues running PS2, this is only the second time I've come to this Tech section.

I hit the 96% problem after this PU02 and various extra patches since. So I restarted the game, it happened again. I tried something different: Validated Game Assets (no errors found), this time I got past 96% and got stuck with the "Loading In" on character selection bug instead. So I restarted the game once more, and finally my problems were all resolved and I could play.

I guess either it fixes itself, or the Dev's have to fix it.
  7. BetaGuru

Can't wait till this game is outta beta.
    • Up x 1
  8. Zecthans

Well, invest in some better log in servers that's why people pay money for this game so you actually bring us a better quality experience is it not ? I've had this problem for the past 2 weeks, I've waited a good 3-4 hours each day just trying to get into your servers. I've validated files, put Planetside on my firewall white list and reinstalled and patched the game. Nothing has worked , so its on your side.

Edit: Also I have to ask why would the servers be ''Under stress'' at 5am Est ?
  9. Zecthans

Yeah pretty much.
  10. Ultramarine

Keep waiting. It's fine, just hanging. Mine did it as well.
  11. Game Tips And More

Just wanted to contribute my graphic for what I call "The 96 Club":
    [IMG]

I finally managed to get in, I hope the rest of you can soon!
    • Up x 1
  12. Gobmi

There are numerous posts that say don't validate files from Steam because it doesn't work. Use the launcher validate tool instead.
  13. boznboyz

I also have a problem with loading the game, this is the message the game gives me,

Unable to write to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/PlanetSide 2/PlanetSide2.exe - http://pls.patch.station.sony.com/p.../a39/576e5678762bbc81d7c0bd58b2f4bf3227f?cb=J. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.

The install starts to download 21,000 kb of data, then it stops after loading 10,000 kb, then it starts downloading 42,000 kb of data,
    then when it's done, the button to play still says installing and after a minute it gives me the message above.
    Please help!
  14. Playbizzle

Good luck getting any help in here. I have had numerous problems that i tried bringing up in here and you will never get anyone from customer service to ever respond to anything. I have even sent direct replies to service reps on here and they will purposely ignore you. God forbid they try to help someone, cant have that now. These forums are pointless, there only here for us players to get help from other players and thats all. There gaming support is total trash.
  15. S7rudL

Unable to write to C:/Program Files (x86)/S,..

Use the client from the PS2 official website and not from the Steam launcher.

Login as an Windows user with Administrative privileges and set the whole folder to everyone (I set my my whole drive to Full Control: Users, Adminstrators, System, Everyone Owner: Everyone) (Be careful, your own thing if you mess it up)
    https://www.google.si/?gws_rd=cr&ei=YPC1UsThF6XRywPe14DoAg#q=windows 7 how to set permissions

Delete the whole LaunchPad.libs folder and Sony Online Entertainment folder,
    E:\MyGames\PlanetSide 2 PSG-Livetest\LaunchPad.libs
    E:\MyGames\Users\S7rudL\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment
  16. Timil

No, nobody should ever give Everyone Full Controll permission on the C drive... and it's worst if you change the Windows NTFS rights!
    Only change the PS2 folder rights, and do NOT change the owner to everyone.

Everyone include the non UAC protected accounts... I would not even think of what a single script can destroy on your computer now (just to play a game?)

I successfully log in after a Launcher file validation (it downloaded 44MB of data and that solved the problem)
  17. Game Tips And More

Problems with their end of the web server 'serving' you the file, and corruption of the directory/harddrive aside, it could be a permissions problem, so try to install the game to a completely different folder. By default, for non-steam users, it goes to
    c:\users\public\sony online entertainment\installed games
    or something similar. Try installing it to there or your own c:\users\YOURNAME, so you should have no problem writing to it and updating the files as needed. Hopefully one of these will work for you!
  18. Zhennu

I was stuck on 96% the same as you all, then I got passed it after 4 mins. Now I been stuck on Play for the last 5 mins Damit....
  19. Bill

Weekend evening, time when most people have for fun, and what you get from SOE, not working game, that is why people don't put there cash in such games.
    PS. orginal planetside had no such problems with much more people on in its top days.
  20. Bindlestiff

Extremely annoying that this appears to have come back again. Same symptoms as everyone else.