Stop changing cosmetic items after purchase!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by phreec, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Degenatron

2. Syphers

you're under the impression that you taught me something lol I was talking about the tint
  3. Shinrah

Oh yeah, I vividly remember the day they introduced the first batch of new camos. My previously dark green black brown woodland camo suddenly turned into a glowing, bright , eyecancer, green camo. Basically making it unuseable as a camo. It also looked like **** so I couldn´t even call style on it or something.

We can all agree that weapons etc are subject to balancing changes, but the only reason a cosmetic item should get changed is because it is bugged and not displaying correctly. You know like ALL the decals you sell for armor, which then disappear beneath composite armor. Without ever giving players a fair warning about it.
  4. phreec

5. Apples

Oh no, forbid they make your camo apply properly! D:
  6. Ginjer

Yeah they royally screwed up NC's coverage as well as some camos.
    This is the old coverage.
    [IMG]
    This is the new coverage. The drakon plates have no coloring at all and the yellow plates on the thighs are hardly covered as well. Not to mention the crappy enlarged camo pattern.
    [IMG]
    This is how circuitboard used to look.
    [IMG]
  7. Kunavi

I don't think this is intentional... Is it? I mean what we got after the Patch.
  8. Dr Toerag

If SOE are going to change the camos and appearance so much, I don't suppose they could take the time to make the infantry armour and decals play nicely together? I was honestly shocked that such a basic graphical design fundamental was allowed through in the first place. It seems to me to be a piss poor piece of organisation. It feels like it should be a priority to fix as well, as it must reduce the value of decals in the market. Why buy something nobody can see?
  9. Aleã

10. Goden

What the hell have they done to camo?

Edit: Oh I see they made it mirror on both sides. It looks awful.
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

i agree with this thread. SoE shouldn't touch already purchased cosmetics to make them worse.
    but this "after" shot actually looks hell cool:eek: reminds me of olive drab camo for the u.s. army
  12. Kanil

Weapon camo also looks like ****. The scopes and silencers have a different scale than the weapons, and it's generally awful.

Between this and the 5-fold increase in load times, I kinda wish SOE would stop patching their game.
  13. 9VoltChiken

Agreed, this is really unacceptable. The scale of the circuit-board camo is so large now as to show only about 10% of the texture in total and helmets that were once very nicely textured camo are now just a tiny fraction of the texture making it into an electric cyan untextured towel on my head. Really please restore the previous scale of textures to show the entirety of the texture on the entire character. This is a mistake. Showing so little a % of great texturing work is also an insult to the artists that created them.
  14. Regpuppy

Chill out, bros. The recent "change" is actually a bug, according to T-ray himself. He didn't say what it was, but it looks like it only tiles once.

[IMG]
  15. Aleã

oh no,

now i must play them before they changed it back. oO
    Special 1-color camos for everyone!
  16. Lucidius134

Legally blind guy here, it's hard not to see the difference.
  17. AdamRah

something tells me you work for soe and just like people wasting there cash
  18. Dill Bagner

This constant and unannounced changing of camos is why I'm never going to be buying any of them. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat, so I've got to wonder what their sales would be like if they were a little more consistent.
  19. TheBloodEagle

What he meant was that even though he is legally blind he can still still the difference, keyword he used "hard NOT to see".
    • Up x 1
  20. Aleã

it seems they fixed it.