Stop changing cosmetic items after purchase!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by phreec, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Irathi

*shakes fist of fury @ SOE
  2. Karnij

Camo nerfs, so not cool :(
  3. Syrathin

To be fair it doesn't benefit SOE to anger the people spending money so some of the conspiracy stuff that it's just a cash grab is a bit over the line.

If you have a problem with something then present it like an adult, As for me these recent cosmetic changes have only left me with the feeling that it is unwise to spend money on any cosmetic within the game because SOE's artists can't stick to a design once it's out there. It would be far more acceptable if there were some sort of reasoning given about these changes rather than players logging in one day to see their character or vehicles look different and in some cases far worse.

At this point however it feels more like a George Lucas move... Changing things because they can and the inclination hit them. Considering there have been several posts made about transparency and striving to better communications with the community I'd say things are off to a rocky start. I may be quite the SOE fan but I'm standing with the angry mob on this one.
  4. sicsoo

i don't know. i can't buy item shop's camo (prosieben), i only bought this camo because i really liked it. and now?

i don't really care, i mean, is ok it's something you can't even see, there is no 3rd person view, but ****** hell, i only bought this one, it was ok...

i'm not gonna buy anything else if this isn't a bug.

before

[IMG]

now

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. KoS-1

Hell get an attorney and sue! It's the American way.

Apple just lost a lawsuit. Too many underage peeps were buying stuff without paternal permission. Somehow it was Apples fault parents weren't keeping a better eye on what their kids were doing. Plus their TOS didn't cover their *** in this case.
  6. StigsVanuCousin

VS get dark camo out of *pity*
    Our faction colors are Lilac and Teal FFS!
    TR gets magazine size and RoF on thier guns.. NC gets higher Damage per bullet and shotguns as their thing..
    VS gets a LGBT friendly color scheme as their faction trait.. which don;t get me wrong I am all for inclusiveness but there should be some options for those of us who don't want to be quite so *fabulous*
  7. Ned

Now you know how we felt with Alpha Squad.

We were promised glory and received crap/
  8. JorgeSarcos

Well i bought this camo (armor,weapon and vehicle) recently too and didnt log yesterday, ill be damn pissed if i see this today when i log in... :mad:
  9. FieldMarshall

Grey Scales...

[IMG]

Black and awesome on low settings. Grey and crap on Medium?
    • Up x 1
  10. potato1234

you can't be more wrong. this game IS P2W, how long does it take you to get 1000 certs? while you're running default afterburners, someone else who spent money could be running rockets and farming the **** out of your team and winning, they could be running furies on harassers and sunderers, they could be using the 1000cert/700sc V10 while the poor people settle for the all around inferior 100cert xm98, or the useless default sniper rifle.

no $h1t they want the money. did you think soe funded the development of this game so they can play it with their friends?

that shows only p2w weapons can be relied upon to make money.

i didn't say all SC weapons are OP, i am saying that players are able to gain an advantage over other players by spending money, and that's a necessary condition to financially sustain the game.

that's like saying a weapon 50% more powerful than the default is merely a convenience because everyone has access to means of dealing damage against other players.

50% more resources = 50% more vehicles = 50% more time with huge advantage over infantry

i'm suggesting that they stop the baiting and switching, and keep weapons as they were at release, because this game is going to be p2w either way but baiting and switching is a dishonest way of squeezing money out of players.
  11. Feench

I got this for my armor and vehicle camp because I loved the black and white. I haven't played since the update but I'll check next time I'm on to see if the TR got ****** as well. Hopefully it was unintended. If it wasn't then we at least deserve a notification with an explanation. They should Change cosmetics especially without telling us. I paid the rediculous $20 for it so I should get what I paid for.
  12. ADFXOzymandias

This is the single reason I don't pay for things in this game. You spend your money, and guns are nerfed into things you'll never use, and camo is tweaked to look crappy.
    • Up x 2
  13. FieldMarshall

I can understand weapons balance. But how do you balance Tundra camo...
    Next up: NC Bandana is now changed into Tactical Cap. For balance.
    • Up x 1
  14. RogueVindicare

False because the guy running rockets (assuming it's one guy) gets his face shot off by rockets. How much do upgraded afterburners cost? Like 81 certs to make them decent? You can earn 81 certs in less than 2 hours if you don't suck.

The XM98 is a perfectly capable sniper rifle. OH NOES, YOU HAVE TO BE 50M CLOSER TO TEH ENEMY TO OHK!? GG only headshotting people at 245m instead of 285. The situations where this makes a significant difference are minimal at best, unless its a preferential thing.

Why is the stock nosegun for ESFs considered extremely competitive then? Why is the stock Lightning cannon considered by many to be better than the HE cannon at AI, which is specialized for farming infantry, even though HE costs 750 certs/700 SC?

The fact of the matter is in 90+% of all situations, the advantage any other weapon besides the stock ones gives you is relatively minor. There are reasons there are BR100 players who still use the stock weapons quite a bit.

There is NO WEAPON IN THE GAME anywhere that is 50% more powerful than the default for that slot. And if you even dare to try and bring up VS sniper rifles; the default gun is a Semi-Auto, which can't be directly compared to a Bolt Action in terms of damage. The XM98 costs 100 certs, easily gained in a decent 90 min play session even if you're not great at the game.

You're so blinded by the assumption that 1000 cert weapons must *obviously* be better than the default, because they're expensive. This couldn't be more wrong. More often than not, 1000 cert weapons are either A) arbitrarily decided to be so at release or B) are the newest item in their class (not necessarily the best).

Is that kinda lame they prey off of people's desires to try new stuff right away, making them spend $7 on it? Yeah, it kinda is. I give you that one.
  15. TheMightyRed

LOL sounds like you picked the wrong faction my friend.
    • Up x 1
  16. MaxDamage

Wow. I almost bought that.
    What a mess.

I still miss bugged digital camo.
  17. Hoki

rofl good luck selling dark camo in the future SOE

Unless you vow to stop TRaying our camos after we buy em.

**** grey scales too.

I spend a lot of monies on cosmetics in this game SOE.

If you want that to continue, not only do you need to undo this ****, you got to promise you wont do it again.

Restore faith or say goodbye to your cash flow.
  18. Conflictt

Bad business practice, as an Auraxium member, and someone with dark digital, I cant see myself renewing, or paying for anything else in the future. I was fine with weapons changing, that's a fact of MMOs, but changing cosmetics after they've recently been released? I'm feeling bait and switch right now. SOE knows people love black camos, how long until another is released and then changed after people have bought it? I really don't want to be "That Guy" and say this is motivated by money but it's really hard not to think that way right now.
    • Up x 2
  19. NoInstructions

Having a gun share the same model does not cost resources, it saves resources to cost you more SC/Certs. The camos are what is going to take up draw cells and texture space the most. The hood ornaments don't matter much because they are so tiny and aren't allocated much tri's or texture space, plus they are occluded unless you are up close.

Pertaining to the actual camo problem, I don't know why they feel the need to revamp so many of them, I thought it was super limited but more keep popping up.
  20. Rentago

i mean you are right, these arent that big, or that demanding, but they are making a lot of them, its like, camo is fine, but what happens when you eventually get like 10,000 camos, i mean you can compress them and make them ****tier, but that doesnt justify flooding in more.

Even though hood ornaments have little in graphical demand, they are all unique and they all take up something, they try to recycle gun parts and such, which is why you see the NC jackhammer looking like an exhaust pipe, and a lot of guns looking either the same or whack.

I would gladly exchange all the tri's, polygons, faces, vertices, whatever they use, in exchange for more unique looking weapons and weapon functions. I'd exhange all the junk camo for real functional camo too that isn't so low resolution.

At this point its junk, a flood of garbage coming in, and their optimization only allows them to cram more junk in and not make better use of it.

I mean I understand that having like a gold, platinum, and black version of a gun is just the same gun model with a color change so it really doesn't use up anything, but WHY, why buy 3 of the same gun for a texture change, why not just give us a black or gold camo? I mean they are really ham fisting this game there are tons of better ways to go about this.
    • Up x 1