Stop changing cosmetic items after purchase!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by phreec, Jan 16, 2014.

1. RHINO_Mk.II

It sucks especially because it was a limited camo that went off sale after the winter holidays, so even if you LIKE the new version now you can't get it, but if you bought it because you did like the old version, you just got slapped in the face. Not cool, SOE.
    • Up x 6
  2. CrashB111

Vanu?

Claiming that SOE hates dark camo?

• Up x 4
  3. Pikachu

At first I red oculist as occultist...
    • Up x 4
  4. potato1234

and stop nerfing weapons after purchase or give us our d@mn money back, freaking thieves.
    • Up x 1
  5. Flapatax

See this is not the same complaint. Weapons are subject to balance and alteration--the core functionality doesn't really change. Camouflage's only value is its appearance.

Stop trying to lobby for weapon change refunds, it devalues the OP's legitimate point.

Luckily I don't have any cosmetics that have been burned--long live my newish dark digital.
    • Up x 5
  6. Syrathin

Same here.

On topic...
    I can understand adjusting weapons for balance purposes but cosmetics should be left alone. The look of the camo is it's entire function and they shouldn't be releasing any cosmetic unless they plan to stick with it as is. It's not like they ran the numbers and found the camo to be performing better than they expected and it screws over any players that bought it that don't like the new look. Feel bad for NC infils that bought all that camo that now clashes with their bra. Dying is one thing but I want to look good doing it. :cool:
    • Up x 2
  7. Phrygen

granted, but it is pretty low on the f@%$s given scale.
  8. potato1234

no. these are very similar complaints, it's about getting what we pay for and not anything different or inferior. they can either give us a minimum time frame within which a purchased item cannot be changed or they can give us a full refund if they do. otherwise it's just a fuq1ing scam. for example, if someone bought a fire-and-forget a2a lockone two days earlier and now have just a fire-and-keep-aim a2a lockon, they've been scammed. they received a weapon that is less effective than what they were lead to believe they were purchasing, and they might not have spent the money had they known when the nerf was coming. it's just bu11sh1t
  9. Tinuva

No they are completely different.

Weapons, as has already been explained are subject to balance changes. People who bought the Phoenix as soon as it came out (it could 1 shot infantry) were not and are not right to claim a refund on a weapon which is overpowered. Balance is vital to strong gameplay and therefore weapons should always be subject to balance for the purpose of ensuring that this environment exists.

Cosmetics on the other hand are not implemented for the sake of gameplay (arguably they may have a slight influence in recognition), because if they were then they would automatically create a PAY2WIN scenario. Simply put, they are cosmetic and you buy it because you like how it makes your character look. Therefore by changing cosmetics, you are by and large changing the reason why somebody would purchase them. This is wrong.

Tinuva450
    • Up x 7
  10. Rowe

Looks like maybe you washed it too much and it faded... color safe bleach ftw
    • Up x 2
  11. TheMightyRed

Unless you are VS.
    • Up x 6
  12. Rentago

oh, well anyone can see what they are doing.

See this game is gonna have a limitation on how much content (models, textures, etc.) can be put in before the requirements of the players will be raised to need more ram or better graphics

However instead of being efficient about what they put into the game, they are flooding it with garbage, now this garbage takes up space.

3 of the same gun with just different textures? Well guess what, they just threw away space.

Hundreds of textures for vehicles and infantry, just so you can look whacky.

All these vehicle horns, because we need a lot of sounds.

HOOD ORNAMENTS, because we complain about making weapons look unique, but can afford to make hundreds of uniquely modeled hood ornaments.

Like, its one thing to complain that "we need to use our resources properly so were doing all these things to cut back on weapon models, removing barrels from the game, removing structures and textures."

but turn around and flood the cash shop with garbage at the same time. I like customization options, but having 10 of the same object, but one being chrome, another gold, and another prink, is silly. Why not just have a pink camo, or gold camo to apply to weapons?

I'd exchange all the hood ornaments in the game, to have more unique model pieces for weapons, I'd like to jackhammer to look less like an exhaust pipe, I'd like the MCG to actually be a chain gun and not a rifle.

but as it stands, i dont know what they are thinking, when they say what they say, and then do the opposite.

Because if it was up to me, the basic RPG should be allowed optic upgrades which turn it into air to ground or ground to ground lock on, rather than making two of the same gun again.

Like this is just nickle and diming what could easily be done through upgrades rather than having 10 of the same gun with minor tweaks.
    • Up x 2
  13. LUCAGRABACR

I'm sorry to hear that, but I couldn't stop laughing at your .gif image lol
  14. potato1234

this is a f2p game, and the default weapons are also free, so there is no reason to pay 10 dollars for a weapon that is as effective at killing as the default weapon. so this: "Balance is vital to strong gameplay and therefore weapons should always be subject to balance for the purpose of ensuring that this environment exists." is complete bu11sh1t. nobody at soe with half a brain would try to sell a weapon for 10 dollars that is "balanced" compared to the default. "Therefore by changing cosmetics, you are by and large changing the reason why somebody would purchase them. This is wrong." and people pay for weapons exactly because they think they are overpowered, so nerfing paid weapons is "changing the reason why somebody would purchase them."

and yea both of our complaints are invalid legally
  15. HadesR

SOE : Sneaking into your house and painting your PS4 Pink
    • Up x 1
  16. LightningWolfTigrBer

It was too dark, cuts into their Grey Scales sales. Gotta sell that 1000SC camo.
    • Up x 2
  17. Tinuva

Firstly, I am not trying to tell you that you are wrong, (apologies that I did in my first post) I am just trying to help explain the difference between a cosmetic feature which bears no impact on gameplay to weapon balance which has a lot.

OP weapons are not fun, they are a horrible gameplay mechanic which forces people away from the game. No game designer (especially a F2P game) is going to make a game where OP weapons dominate the game. Sure short term sales rise for the killer new gun, but this causes serious issues to the longevity of the game (ie most players leave because it becomes P2W).

The default weapons are balanced around every other weapon in the game being there. The Gauss Saw for example, is great at mid range and pretty horrible at CQC. I know why I would get another LMG, because this one doesnt do what I want a LMG to do in CQC. BASR are great at long range, and not so great at short range, hence why scout rifles exists. Weapons must be balanced around a specific mechanic of gameplay. For example, if scout rifles could OHK in short range, were fully automatic, had 100 rounds, no COF etc, this would break the mechanic of the weapon and also break the balance around other existing weapons. Do you see where I am going with this?

Tinuva450
  18. nooblet91698

Well I'm liking the change because the only camo I have, VS Amoeba, looks a whole lot better than it did before. Now I don;t need to switch out camos because mine looks fine now :)
  19. potato1234

comparing oranges to oranges, different sniper rifles are priced differently and the more expensive ones will have better perks such as faster projectile velocity. and you can't argue that resource boosts which allow for more vehicle spam is "balanced." it may be more subtle with this game than others but it is p2w as a f2p game must be. and the balanced weapons that they do sell, didn't get sold for being balanced, soe baited players with op stats and nerfed the weapons afterwards when they got all the money, and the players are left with something they didn't want

and camos can have an effect on gameplay if you listen to the ppl complaining that vanus are harder to see at night
  20. ikillyou1990

I bought this for my vehicles...I really hope they didn't screw it up...