Stop changing cosmetic items after purchase!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by phreec, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Hoki

Thats pretty ****** soe.
    • Up x 2
  2. innersphere1

I never bought a cosmetic cuz i dont feel the urge to do it, but he is absolutely right. I can understand weapon changes, because of the balance, but not cosmetic changes...because nothing needs to be balanced in colors, if i buy a cosmetic because i like the black, i dont see the reason to change it in grey.. your certs should be refunded..... i mean........ just make another camo, its so eaaaasyy even my 3 yrs old baby can understand this
    • Up x 2
  3. Yuukikun

The striker has been OP for a very long time. And i'm 100% sure you didn't buy it thinking it was balanced. Now get the karma you deserve
  4. RogueVindicare

You seriously think all F2P games are P2W? P2W is a bad long term strategy for game development. IF a company makes a game that is P2W, it's because they don't give a **** about their game, they just want your money. Lemme give you an example.

Do you believe that the Polaris costs $5 because it's objectively better than the Orion, the default VS LMG?

Orion is considered by many to be the #1 CQC LMG in the whole game.
    I don't know a single person who uses the Polaris.

The game is not Pay2Win. You are not entitled to OP BS equipment because you paid $7 for it. You paid to get the gun earlier, not to get a gun that gives you EZ mode.
    • Up x 3
  5. Tinuva

The price of the weapon doesn't have any correlation to how much better/worse it is over any other weapon. The closer range BASR have advantages in other areas such as shorter reload speeds to compensate for lower muzzle velocity. This then creates different scenarios where it will be better than the longer range BASR because at closer range the muzzle velocity is less important. The only weapons which are obviously inferior are some of the NS weapons, for example the Fury compared to the Marauder. The Marauder is pretty much just a better Fury, but by buying the Fury with SC, you can use if for all factions which is the trade off.

If you can learn to use a vehicle effectively then having more resources is merely a convenience, it doesnt change the dynamics of the game like making a vehicle better. It is the same reason that XP boosts do not break they game because they are merely a convenience. Anyone and everyone has access to to them.

If you think SOE is baiting anyone then why are you here? Also, SOE have already proven that they will change ther stance based on alterations to cosmetic items, case in point is the spare tyre for the Sunderer. This cosmetic item was removed from an existing item to be introduced in another slot. After a lot of complaints SOE, stated that they will gift the item to all people who had already purchased the cosmetic when it becomes available.

The VS as a faction is the hardest to see at night, they dont need camo to be difficult to see. Camo in itself isnt the problem in this situation, the faction specific colouring is (Red and Yellow are easy to see, Teal not so much).

I am not going to argue anymore with you. Good luck to your gaming.

Tinuva450
  6. Flavo

Dark Digital received a similar treatment.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

they probably didnt expect anyone to notice this. nice find though. soe now owes you an explanation and a fix. they keep changing things noone has really asked for
    • Up x 5
  8. Hiding in VR

Agreed. Especially as that is all the difference between some of the camos
    • Up x 3
  9. vsae

First they remove tundra camo from depot, then they change it for no reason. I cant say in legitimate way what I feel about it.
    I'm not buying any cosmetics anymore.
    • Up x 3
  10. Flavo

Well if you buy a cosmetic it's because you like the look of it, hence why changing the look of them is probably a bad idea on SOE's part. Like you I'm not buying any more camos if they're subject to change without notice like this. Do the right thing and make these camos look like they did when we bought them, SOE.
    • Up x 3
  11. Tragachinos

Dick move, SOE... Dick move
    • Up x 4
  12. Goretzu

Yeah really when you buy a cosmetic you buy that exact cosmetic. It would be ok to change it if there was a bug, but otherwise what was sold should be what is got.
    • Up x 1
  13. Aractain

Dark Digital is more Beige Digital now. :(

Why T-Ray, why?
    • Up x 3
  14. Xuerian

If you're going to sell a item for it's appearance, don't change the appearance. I don't care if it's sunderer bumpers or camos.

If you do change it, refund it.
    • Up x 5
  15. Bushido

Undo the these camo changes SOE!
    • Up x 1
  16. Torok

And we have the Right to be Pissed off every damn time.
    Do we have to start talking about the Bull Front for the Sunderer which originally had the Rear Reserve Wheel Attached and then they went and separated one from another?
    Leaving me with yet another useless purchase taking dust in the garage?

Yeah I did notice this one too, I think it's time that T_Ray answers us for what he's doing, because so far I know he's the guy messing around with camos.

Link to Reddit if you want to add your voice aswell.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1vfj0c/jan_17th_dark_digital_changes/
    • Up x 3
  17. BravoTwoZero

Another example of SOE bait-and-switch :(. You wait until you maximize sales and then make the changes. Now you can come out with darker versions later on to make more money.
    • Up x 4
  18. Nephera

It's a cosmetic. You bought it for the look. It's not what you paid for now.

You should absolutely get your money back and not just an SC refund like I usually suggest for re-balanced weapons, a full refund.
    • Up x 2
  19. phreec

• Up x 4
  20. Liewec123

could be worse, you could have logged in and found your guy wearing a fluffy blue bra and ***-less chaps...
    oh wait no, that was last patch.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3