Stop changing cosmetic items after purchase!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by phreec, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Degenatron

I believe this will explain what happened to your camos:

T-Ray is rescaling the textures down to 256, which likely changes their mapping pattern on models.

Things like this are going to happen, and frankly, they happen for a good reason. So you can deal with it, or you can not buy cosmetics.
    • Up x 1
  2. Heretic

This has really annoyed me, it was one of my favorite VS camo's now they've ruined it....

I'm going to ask for a refund for it because it doesn't even resemble the original anymore.
  3. Syphers

For this purpose rescale is fine I guess but the contrast/color changes? uh no
  4. Degenatron

Stretching a smaller texture over a the same space in a 3D editor often washes out the colors. So....uh yes.
  5. Syphers

so darken it back uh uh
  6. Bushido

The camo change was for aesthetics and not optimization. I dislike the changes.
    https://twitter.com/PS_TRay/status/424243498737348609

"
    @planetside2 @mhigby @PS_TRay Are the visual changes to camo a bug or was it intended? https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/stop-changing-cosmetic-items-after-purchase.168052/
    "
    "
    @Tomahawk75 correction to the transparency of the camo, was set to 95% allowing some color 2 bleed thru all others r set 2 100%
    "
  7. Astraka

If you think they care one iota about aesthetics, you're sorely mistaken. I've spoken at length about the various camouflage changes, the aesthetics involved, etc. I've pleaded with people in charge to take a second look at some of the changes they've made without regard to how pleasing things look. I've made threads, we've had tweets, Reddit & Twitch messages, etc.

Just suck it up and don't purchase any more cosmetics. Count it as a harsh lesson learned as I have. They don't seem to want our money.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. ADps2

9. ADFXOzymandias

Well there you have it. At least you can get refunds if you're that unsatisfied.
    • Up x 1
  10. RHINO_Mk.II

11. RHINO_Mk.II

You could make a pretty good argument that the Commissioner is 50% more powerful than the Beamer in all circumstances.

Same for Tank Buster over Vektor, although it only costs 100 certs.
    • Up x 1
  12. RogueVindicare

Ok, you got me with the Tank Buster. While many people feel the Commissioner is much better than most pistols, esp the Beamer, if you have relatively poor aim, the NS-44 would actually be a bad choice, as you would probably run out of ammo before killing your target with panic fire.

Not exactly a problem for the majority of people, but there ARE situations where someone might not want the NS-44.

You definitely got me on the Tank Buster though. I concede that one.
  13. Syrathin

14. Ned

15. potato1234

the v10 is better than the xm98 in every way, no logical person would prefer the xm98 over the v10, except if considering cost. so to say that it's a "preferential thing" is ridiculous. and afterburner doesn't get you infantry or armor kills.

i didn't say there was

how is the stock nose gun "extremely competitive" when it has worse dps? better accuracy? because air engagements require pin-point accuracy over long ranges? and the HE is way better vs infantry. have you tried either of these weapons?

it should be common sense that people would rather spend money on an improved weapon, than a weapon that is as good as the default. and for the second time....i'm not saying all SC weapons are better than defaults. i'm saying that there are some SC weapons that are better than the default and those are the one that get the most sales. you brought up polaris as an example, and it is a perfect example of a "balanced" sc weapon that doesn't get used.
  16. ElementalFiend

Changes like this are pretty ****** considering you literally purchased the item for its looks.

*Changing a weapon or enhancement item for performance reasons - OK
    *Changing a visual item after it has been purchased - NOT OK
    • Up x 1
  17. Drizzt

Well I think the new camo revamp for Indar dry brush for the NC looks 100x better than the "victoria's secret zebra" we had.

Now if they could please change the NC Catscratch camo to look like the TR version I would be a happy dude.

Pretty Please.
  18. ADFXOzymandias

Whether you like the new textures or not, the point is people paid for them when they liked the appearance, and then they were changed to something less favorable. So even if some people do like the new ones, they're not the ones who are feeling all of the disappointment since they didn't buy anything in the first place.
  19. phreec

Disregarding the changes to the tiling, the washed out colors might be tied to the Graphics setting.

On High and Low Graphics it still resembles the Before tone of black. On Medium it appears all washed out (the Before pic was also taken with Medium Graphics setting).

[IMG]
  20. NC_agent00kevin

Old Sunderer: sexy with delta. Little blue allowed me to go with a yellow scheme, not done as often as blue is by NC.

[IMG]

New Sunderer: Hideous with Delta. Blue stripes ruin all but blue camos for it. Why not make the stripes yellow like on the Lightning? the effect is much worse with camos the previously looked good like Indar Scrub, Macro Tigre, and Indar Dry Riverbed.

[IMG]

They ruined my sexy Sunderer but at least I can use the camos on other vehicles and have it look good still. Same thing happened to my Infiltrator camos; but there again I can still use them on other Infantry. So I guess I wont ask for a refund on any of them - though I did have to buy more to get a pleasing appearance again.

Perhaps a Camo sale would be in order, to allow those who dont want refunds but dont like their 'new' camos on some of ther stuff the opportunity to get new ones at a reduced price.