Sniper destroy the game

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Grandpa, Jan 9, 2016.

1. voxmachina

Better not tell him that snipers can use bullet drop to shoot people they can't even see...
  2. Deffington

I meant about two shots with normal weapon (a primary gun that is supposed to be shot on full auto, or bursts, or a sidearm that doesn't deal 3 times the damage of your primary gun, that is for some reason possible with a half meter long revolver). That is related to my opinion, that everything in PS2 has more than twice HP than it should. But ok, the game isn't meant to make any sense.

I have few kills as NC on Bolt Driver, but those are mostly careless spawn campers and I'm still not comfortable playing an infiltrator. Somehow I don't get the '*****, I'm a sniper' effect.
  3. Navron

Easy solution for OP is to hop in a MAX. That way, he won't feel bad about dying to a sniping Infil. He'll feel bad about dying to a sniping Engi.
    • Up x 2
  4. cobaltlightning

This thread has been going on for about 2 months. The guy also posted this on the Steam entry, too.
    So, imma post here what I posted there while back:

Slight Pet Peeve: They're not called snipers, OP, they're called 'Infiltrators.'

You think a long-rage poke-and-cloak is bad? At least they are relatively easy to find: SMG Infiltrators can and will ruin the day of you, your buddy, and your commanding officer, all within 10 seconds, thanks to a well-tossed EMP Grenade and a few bullets to the brains.

A sniper with an SMG ain't a sniper.
  5. DamageDone

LMFAO!
    Infiltrators hunt Infiltrators...as well as idiots who don't know how to move evade and know the surrounding areas they are in. Perhaps your squad that you run with needs to send out some anti sniper units to flank them? Do you think its easy for a Infiltrator to pull off some of the **** they do and live...they are like glass. If you cant kill them or deal with them..then hook up with some people who can help you and teach you...or stay in your tank or fighter and kill stragglers..yeah that's fair..LOL
    • Up x 2
  6. LaughingDead

Snipers are tactical elimination and scouting, imagine if a heavy tries stalking a tank and then shooting the engies that get out to rep it, try the same scenario with all the other classes, infil kills engies, leaves vehicle helpless.
    Now say the max or heavy kills the tank, what if there's too many? Then you infil.
    Say AV turrets right behind armor line, a single infil could take out 3 tanks from behind in a reasonable timeframe to be responded to, bail and cause more havoc.
    Say your armor is having trouble moving up because engies are repping the turrets, boom, engies dead, turret down. Medic reviving everything? Sniper, boom, second, boom.
    Snipers are meant to shoot people that are taking time in a task, whether it be shooting rockets, repping, healing or holding a point, they're important even if they aren't noticed by teammates
  7. IcEzEbRa

A buddy asked me other nite...Why are you running so ******** like that? I have simply gotten the habit of moving erratically. I watched another friend long range snipe, he's pretty good. Few people ever look behind them, towards perceived safety. And there is always someone who will stand still long enough for a shot, and heavies looking thru sights on rocket launchers were also a fav target.
    • Up x 1
  8. oTec

When you play ps2 long enough, you do start moving like a squirrel who took speed.
    • Up x 1
  9. MacBaren

Invisible players? No thanks
    This game does not need that
  10. Halkesh

When you get killed enough by a sniper, you'll learn to never be in a situation where you can be OHK.
    Sniper :
    -Never stand still.
    -If have to fire a rocket, active your shield.
    -Be near an ally medic. Medic rarely revive, but they're great at attracting sniper bullets.
    -If you're a medic, then you've forget to do the revive's dance, aka "ADZAspacebarDAcrouchSD".
    -Try to snipe or watch sniping video to learn how to not be an easy target.
    -If you're not an easy target, the sniper will choose an other target because most of them don't like waste bullet.

Terminal campers :
    -If a sniper camp a terminal, you have 2 choices : hunt him, or redeploy to spawn vehicle from an other base.
    -You can see enemy presence in the area with the big-map. (tanker rule #1 : never spawn a vehicle on a base with enemy force)
    -If terminals are hacked, check for enemy presence on the big-map
    • NO : check for AI and AV mines
    • YES : prepare to fight an infiltrator or redeploy.
    Only fool expect different results by trying the same things again and again.
    • Up x 1
  11. mrkiteer

People may laugh and ridicule all they want, but the sad truth is, that snipers indeed are killing the fun for all other classes and don't even feel close to being at least a bit fair. The typical sniper will OHK you from who-knows-where and if you go look for him, he will simply wait cloaked and shoot you in the back, while you hopelessly look for the dude with your darklight flashlight. I am not a newbie, I don't sit still, I ADAD, I move all the time, zig-zag, activate my shields when aiming and yet sniper rifles are the most common sight I see on death screen.
    Why? Well, because sniping is not hard, in fact it's easy, it's risk free and even relaxing. Just go on the nearest hill, nearby that sundy you spawned to, while everyone else runs into the heat of battle, peek out a little and farm certs. Getting counter sniped? Cloak, change position, move ten steps to the right, shoot, repeat. Someone coming to kill you? Wait for him while cloaked and shoot the poor sod in the back. Preferably finish him with a knife, because why not, he can't see you anyway and his flashlight didn't help him, because you were hidden out of it's range and it only took a couple of seconds to run up to him, while he was facing the other way.
    Sure, cloak doesn't make infils invisible, but when they sit still, they do become very hard to spot. And in heat of battle, explosions everywhere, rockets, bullets, grenades, even more if it's night they really do get troublesome to see. Each of my weapons, that I use, has a flashlight equipped. I don't run with it on all the time, I only use it when I have a feeling I need to, for example when the point is being captured, but there is noone there, when that red dot suddenly disappeared, but left no corpse or when the dot is there, but there is no guy and so on, so on. I don't ignore things like that, I run and look for infiltrators, who most of the time turn out to be stalker cloaked. Often find them and get rid of them, but sometimes dude kills me first and it's okay. Feels fair, because I found him, he saw my flashlight, we both had a chance, the better won and it's fine. It's fun, believe me or not! In case of stalker infils, their cloak is balanced by a locked primary slot, so they have to get close and personal, similar with those, who use SMGs - fighting at short distances. Snipers on the other hand do not. What would work, is if their cloaking ability was taken away, when equipped with sniper rifle. Why do they need it anyway, if they sit 100 meters away from battle? Doesn't seem like a huge price for OHK at extreme ranges, does it? Feel free to throw insults at me :p however it's not hard to understand people disliking cheese mechanics, which in Planetside 2 happen to be snipers, who, as if one hit killing from far away wasn't enough, can go invisible, thus becoming nearly 100% safe.
  12. doomedking517

that shows a pure lack of knowledge we cant simply "wait", our cloaks when we have a sniper have a finite amount of time, that drain even whilst not moving. this is made even worse by the fact we are restricted to a side arm at short range as snipers suck up close, catch us up close, chances are we have no chance of survival. if you are being dropped that simply means you are at fault.

you say sniping is easy, i disagree, i have yet to master it, yet i have been doing it for months. i havent mastered it it at 150 meters (i can consistently hit stationary individuals but moving ones are bloody hard) and can rare if ever land a hit at 300 meters and have yet to land a kill at such a range (well since i came back to the game anyway and before it was mere luck), ive seen some snipers do it but they have put a good year or two into getting that skill, its not easy and even then its only when they pick and choose their targets.

the mere fact that you cant kill us means that they are fulfilling their purpose of being a feared class on the world, its the point that you cant kill us if you fight us at our optimal range, thats foolish, and if you cant kill a guy wielding solely a side arm who hasnt got long to setup a kill, then the fault there lies with you not us. its not hard to take your time and let our cloaks run out. its like 12 seconds (or less) whilst still maintaining evasive movements.

i think you find that just because we fight out of your optimal range you dont like it, but isnt that one of the points of a sniper? i could accept the argument that there are too many of us, thats a fair assessment a lot of us use the class, the flaw there however is that its a hard skill to master and most actually cannot hit consistently, if you arent at fault then tbh you must be playing with tons of high tier snipers who deserve their kills.

the cloak merely allows us to move around to flanks and the like, at such range the cloak is useless anyway as we can as you said hide behind a rock, counter snipers cant hit us behind a rock with or without the cloak, thus it makes no difference if we have it or dont out side of geting to position, that said it wouldnt make sense to remove the sniper from the cloaks (and give us our own class) as we make use of most if not all the other gear. and to remove primaries for all cloaked classes removes the weakness in the stalker cloak, so we may as well just get a permanent cloak on all the time, at which point the other cloaks would become all but redundant. (as its not only snipers restricted but all primaries so they couldnt use smgs and scouts either). if then you argue that they could make it so only snipers were affected, okay but then we get an alternative ability to allow us to get to our necersarry locations on the flanks else we would become useless as we wouldnt ever reach our effective distance without being killed (unlike now where you have many ways of reaching us including vehicles that stop us hurting you at all)
  13. Imperialguardsman

This is possibly the best sugguestion ever. Deleteinfilitrator2016# they ruin the game... We don't need em.
  14. Nakor

Do what I do, when annoying-*** snipers get annoying. Get a lightning, load up the heat cannon with at least 1.5 zoom. Park yourself near the rear of the battle with a nice vantage. Start watching for sniper fire. Once you ID their position, aim carefully, blow their heads off with your tank cannon.

Laugh your cares away.

Reload.

Repeat.
    • Up x 1
  15. mrkiteer

Of course you can wait. The moment dude gets close enough to kill you with his own weapon, you can cloak, hide and simply crouch, until he looks the other way. Then headshot, knife, whatever. Seeing a stationary, crouched infil without a flashlight is pure random luck. How is that not easy? Just cloak, crouch and you become invisible for a good chunk of time. You might as well run away, and shoot him from a distance. The moment you hit the cloak button, you become the king of the engagement and it's your fault, if you don't score a headshot or two, after which you can easily hide again. Meanwhile the dude is pretty much at your mercy, because TTK in Planetside is so short, that killing a shielded heavy with a secondary is not a problem. It usually comes down to who who gets to see and shoot first. In this case, it's you.

So we will have to agree to disagree. I find sniping easy, as it comes with no risk whatsoever from people, who you fire at. They can't shoot back at you. Going to where you are firing from is a suicide. Even if they get there, you know very well what to do. Use your cloak, ambush. They can't hit, what they can't see, unless a lucky guess. Aiming is a different thing, but with noone bothering you at it, you sooner or later will hit someone anyway. And there is good chance, that person will already be at less than full health, because of him actually taking part in the fight.

Nobody fears snipers. They are just pure annoyance, killing people, who actually fight on the frontline, without any risk whatsoever. I shouldn't be able to fight you at your optimal range, sure, I get it. But neither I can at shotgun range. Why? Because you can go invisible, hide, wait, shoot me in the back. There is no counter to that, as I can't grow a pair of eyes on the back of my head.

It's a video game. It ought to be balanced, as much as it realistically possible. Snipers aren't balanced. Sniping is risk free thanks to cloak, thanks to motion spotter, thanks to sitting far behind the frontline behind your friendlies, who draw the attention of enemy. Everyone else, other than a sniper, has to risk their life to do their job. To heal, repair, shoot vehicles, charge into bases, defend points, harass enemies. Meanwhile a sniper sits on a hill unbothered and picks people off one by one.

I don't see the problem with getting on the hill, mountain, whatever without the cloak. Either way you would be too far away for non-snipers to engage. And to not get shot by them, I am sure you could simply use cover as everyone else, who can't go invincible does. I don't mind stalker infils, I only mind snipers, whose ability to OHK from huge ranges is already an advantage big enough. It would feel more fair, if equpping a sniper rifle came with a cost of cloak being disabled. That's it. Vehicles are entirely different thing. No normal infantry class should require a vehicle to get rid of a sniper or any other normal infantry class.

Snipers are kings of long range engagements, not only because of sniper rifles, but also because of cloak, which makes them impossible to see at larger distances. However cloak is also a HUUUGEEEE (I would like to emphasize that) advantage, when someone finally decides to look for you. In short, he dies.
  16. doomedking517

lets list the benefits of a cloak for a sniper shall we?
    1: we can hide from other snipers whilst lining up our sights (max 12 seconds)
    2: if we get found we can "disengage" (12 seconds to run - if they are close enough to require this chances are they will see the shimer)
    3: we can try to ambush (with the use of a side arm, lower health and a 12 second limit on setting up the ambush).
    4: we can try to wait them out (max 12 seconds)

out of these, only the first is a definate and it has the restriction of 12 seconds.
    the second will probably result in us being seen by the person chasing us.
    3 will normally result in death because ambushes arent easy to do, ask a stalker if ambushes are easy, hell no, and they have the benefit of having as long as they like to set them up.
    4 is a death sentences, 12 seconds is not long enough to set up an ambush.

"Of course you can wait. The moment dude gets close enough to kill you with his own weapon, you can cloak, hide and simply crouch, until he looks the other way. Then headshot, knife, whatever. Seeing a stationary, crouched infil without a flashlight is pure random luck. How is that not easy? Just cloak, crouch and you become invisible for a good chunk of time. You might as well run away, and shoot him from a distance. The moment you hit the cloak button, you become the king of the engagement and it's your fault, if you don't score a headshot or two, after which you can easily hide again. Meanwhile the dude is pretty much at your mercy, because TTK in Planetside is so short, that killing a shielded heavy with a secondary is not a problem. It usually comes down to who who gets to see and shoot first. In this case, it's you."
    yes we can cloak, which gives us 12 seconds to try and get behind you, this will reveal our location as the shimer is really obvious if we are moving. you say we can wait until he looks away, i say "be more diligent and take your time, its your recklessness thats getting you killed because you are rushing" also 12 seconds is not a good chunk of time, its enough to run about 30-40 meters or so, well within your gunning range if you got close enough to be a real threat (else we wouldnt bother engaging and would simply disengage)

"So we will have to agree to disagree. I find sniping easy, as it comes with no risk whatsoever from people, who you fire at. They can't shoot back at you. Going to where you are firing from is a suicide. Even if they get there, you know very well what to do. Use your cloak, ambush. They can't hit, what they can't see, unless a lucky guess. Aiming is a different thing, but with noone bothering you at it, you sooner or later will hit someone anyway. And there is good chance, that person will already be at less than full health, because of him actually taking part in the fight."
    yes its easy to not die, its not easy however to be of use as a sniper, and thats where the difference lies, i can play as a sniper and not die for 9 hours, but in that time chances are i wont get many kills and i wont influence play at all, therefore i may not even be playing. you are over stating ambushes, ambushes are really hard unless you have enough time to get behind them, and ensure that you can either get enough hits on them before they can kill you, get a shot+knife combo, or try and land mine them... out of these the land mine will almost always get you killed as it requires baiting your opponent which means revealing yourself, the knife shot combo requires a high risk weapon such as a commissioner, blackhand or crossbow, all of which will mean you die if you miss one shot which means we will take our time to shoot which means our cloak is even more detrimental (theres a reason they are usually only used on stalkers), and if we are going to kill from behind by solely bullets we have to make sure that you arent going to turn and kill us first, which means if we are say using the beamer we are engaging from 30-40 meters and behind you, by such a time we will have decloaked.

"Nobody fears snipers. They are just pure annoyance, killing people, who actually fight on the frontline, without any risk whatsoever. I shouldn't be able to fight you at your optimal range, sure, I get it. But neither I can at shotgun range. Why? Because you can go invisible, hide, wait, shoot me in the back. There is no counter to that, as I can't grow a pair of eyes on the back of my head." by fear im reffering to their description, i dont actually think we as people "fear them". you argue taht we are mere anoyances i disagre else you wouldnt want them nerfed so much, it simply demonstrates that they are causing you problems and you arent skilled enough to deal with them.

"It's a video game. It ought to be balanced, as much as it realistically possible. Snipers aren't balanced. Sniping is risk free thanks to cloak, thanks to motion spotter, thanks to sitting far behind the frontline behind your friendlies, who draw the attention of enemy. Everyone else, other than a sniper, has to risk their life to do their job. To heal, repair, shoot vehicles, charge into bases, defend points, harass enemies. Meanwhile a sniper sits on a hill unbothered and picks people off one by one." you want realism, okay we are pretty damn balanced then, but okay if you want realism, make it dark at night, add decent camos (that make us look like bushes and so forth - or give us active camo that makes us look like our surroundings as opposed to invisible) and im cool with that, trust me, realism will simply make us more dangerous as snipers in real life are far more dangerous than they are on here, hell also let us go prone, have bipods, range finders, and so forth.

"
    I don't see the problem with getting on the hill, mountain, whatever without the cloak. Either way you would be too far away for non-snipers to engage. And to not get shot by them, I am sure you could simply use cover as everyone else, who can't go invincible does. I don't mind stalker infils, I only mind snipers, whose ability to OHK from huge ranges is already an advantage big enough. It would feel more fair, if equpping a sniper rifle came with a cost of cloak being disabled. That's it. Vehicles are entirely different thing. No normal infantry class should require a vehicle to get rid of a sniper or any other normal infantry class.

Snipers are kings of long range engagements, not only because of sniper rifles, but also because of cloak, which makes them impossible to see at larger distances. However cloak is also a HUUUGEEEE (I would like to emphasize that) advantage, when someone finally decides to look for you. In short, he dies.

"
    its not getting behind our friendlies thats the issue, its getting to your foes flanks, its getting behind them, that usually results in us going THROUGH your base or across open locations to get to such places. its not easy, you say use cover... yeah until they run round it and shoot us in the face as our snipers suck at short to medium ranges... unless we are using a short range sniper in which case your entire argument isnt applicable as thats a whole new ball game. you are assuming that ove rsuch long distances leading is easy, like hell it is, if we are fighting over 200 meters the lead on our shots is insane we close to predicting our foes future location, and most of the time they change their minds on their location... try it before you hate on it... let me say this, you wont die much but you wont kill a lot either as at such range you simply cannot hit enough, you need to be closer and at these ranges you will die from normal soldiers as they will know your location, engaging from 150 meters (the usual range for most snipers) is a perfectly shootable distance, its your fault if you dont engage, sure we can kill at over such distances but its not easy. we have to add lead even when we have the highest velocity snipers and thats saying something... because most dont have the best snipers for awhile into the game, hell most snipers dont pack the very best snipers as most dont put enough time into it.
  17. mrkiteer

There is no setting an ambush. You simply sit still while cloaked and wait for the guy to look in the opposite direction. It's as far from rocket science, as it can get.
    Shimmering isn't obvious, unless you are close. Keeping still and waiting for they guy's cloak to run out of juice is suicide and breaks one of the most important rules of PS2 infantry combat - move all the time. Plus if I don't know where you are cloaked, because you have cloaked up and ran off somewhere behind that rock, or hill, or whatever you were hiding behind when sniping, then I have no idea where you may come from and thus I have to look around, by which I will expose my back to you. Then I die, because I doubt you will simply wait for your cloak to run out of juice and not hit me before it happens. Heavy's shield or not, TTK is short enough for you to kill me, before I kill you. The moment I turn back and take aim, I will be almost dead.
    Whether I take my time or not, you have the upper hand and only your mistake will get you killed. I can't find you. You are, again, the king of engagement, you decide, when it starts and when it ends.

You don't have to get behind him, because sooner or later they he will show his back to you. Then you shoot and he dies, because of how quick TTK is. That's it, there is no need to write entire paragraphs about it. It is not hard and it only shows the root problem with ability to become invisible. It can't be balanced, it will always cause the feeling of unfairness and be fun, but far from it for the receiving side. Snipers don't need cloak. I asure you, you can survive without it.

I am discussing an issue, which frankly often finds itself discussed on these forums. By your logic, would you call a medieval bowman on foot "unskilled", if he got killed by some random dude with a crossbow, who turns invisible, when someone gets close to him? How about you hop in HA shoes and go hunt for snipers? I did in fact play as a sniper. It was easy, refreshing and felt like a shooting range. It felt like cheese.

I don't know, where you got that I want realism, because I don't. I want balance, a rational balance of counters. It's okay for snipers to be kings of long range engagements. Cloak however makes it too easy for them to survive. Doesn't it make sense? King of long range, but trash at short? Cloak is the only problem here, as it allows you to too easily kill someone looking for you. That's it.

Well, if you go through the besieged base to snipe people in it, then aren't you doing something wrong as a sniper? Look, the typical PS2 battle is a massive blob of people swarming out of their sundies or spawn room. There are no front lines, as we know them from history. In fact battles often take place around a giant rock formation with two sundies on the opposite sides and meat grinder in between. What a sniper does then? Well, he finds himself a cozy place far enough from such rock formation and sits in it.

The difficulty of aiming does not justify your ability to become invisible. Also please don't forget, that snipers can easily kill people by simply only uncloaking to fire and then disappear moment later, even at shorter distances of scout rifles. And all of this in theoretical 1v1 scenario, in which we forget about other people and vehicles around, the battle raging on, bullets and explosions everywhere. Snipers don't have to take any risk to cash in easy kills, that's how it is at the moment.
  18. doomedking517

lets dismantle this one by one shall we?

"There is no setting an ambush. You simply sit still while cloaked and wait for the guy to look in the opposite direction. It's as far from rocket science, as it can get. Shimmering isn't obvious, unless you are close. Keeping still and waiting for they guy's cloak to run out of juice is suicide and breaks one of the most important rules of PS2 infantry combat - move all the time."
    you looking the other way is a very simplified version of things. firstly we have weaker guns regardless of ttk, we have lower health, and you get a fraction of a second warning to turn your *** around, its why heavies can get their shields up in time when a stalkers attacks them and why we therefore hate heavies...

"Plus if I don't know where you are cloaked, because you have cloaked up and ran off somewhere behind that rock, or hill, or whatever you were hiding behind when sniping, then I have no idea where you may come from and thus I have to look around, by which I will expose my back to you."
    no you wont, if we used our cloak to get behind a rock the time we can then remain in the cloak is far lower than 12 seconds, if we ran to it uncloaked then you will have seen us either way you arent disadvantaged by it.

"Then I die, because I doubt you will simply wait for your cloak to run out of juice and not hit me before it happens. Heavy's shield or not, TTK is short enough for you to kill me, before I kill you. The moment I turn back and take aim, I will be almost dead."
    nope, even stalkers hate heavies as they can rarely kill them, i even think cute beaver dislikes them for the fact they can just pop the overshield even when attacked from behind and shes pretty much one of if not the best stalker i have ever come across, and if she dislikes them, then to be quite honest a sniper isn't going to fare much better. "wait" no, but we wont engage you if you are facing in our general direction (we will only attack a heavy or full auto soldier if they are facing to the side or we can get their backs) if you have a general fix on our location keep to close-closemid range where our snipers are ineffective but our side arms dont fare particularly well, and keep an eye on the last known location their cloaks will eventually run out, their snipers will be pretty much ineffective at such range, and their side arms wont be as good as your primary. i by no means stand still i mean, keep your *** moving but go slowly and check the area thoroughly if you do go in (and keep a damn torch out).

"Whether I take my time or not, you have the upper hand and only your mistake will get you killed. I can't find you. You are, again, the king of engagement, you decide, when it starts and when it ends."
    not true, whilst its true that we can pick when to start an engagement within a limited amount of time, its that limit that makes it so detrimental, as we are weaker when it runs out. you see if you keep within the area (close to medium range) that we are pretty much always weaker at (unless we keep a short range sniper or scout which as i said thus makes this argument invalid) it doesn't matter where we are if you keep that general distance in mind, we will eventually either have to drop cloak and rely on objects or get seen and die...

"You don't have to get behind him, because sooner or later they he will show his back to you. Then you shoot and he dies, because of how quick TTK is. That's it, there is no need to write entire paragraphs about it. It is not hard and it only shows the root problem with ability to become invisible. It can't be balanced, it will always cause the feeling of unfairness and be fun, but far from it for the receiving side. Snipers don't need cloak. I asure you, you can survive without it."

nah as i previously stated while its true if you show your *** to *** as any other class than a heavy we will have a good chance to kill you, the issue lies in the fact that you show you back to us in the first place, if you keep to 30-40 meters we dont have the gear to win, the only items are slow and any miss results in our death and the ttk on them is pretty high in comparison to full auto... if you do rush in, you take your time and check properly or you will expose yourself that death is on your foolish game play choice.

the ability isnt the issue, its that you guys arent countering it properly. you run in and expect to counter us like any other unit, more fool you. we arent any other soldier, and to tackle us you need to apply new tactics, keep to mid range or tread carefully and check the areas we will hide in with a torch... play it slow when up close so the cloak runs out, hell what i do is throw a nade in their direction wait 5-6 seconds and run up (if im going close) cause they dont want to get kill they cloak, it runs out most of the way, by the time i reach them its pretty much empty boom, i can fight them like any other soldier...

"I am discussing an issue, which frankly often finds itself discussed on these forums. By your logic, would you call a medieval bowman on foot "unskilled", if he got killed by some random dude with a crossbow, who turns invisible, when someone gets close to him? How about you hop in HA shoes and go hunt for snipers? I did in fact play as a sniper. It was easy, refreshing and felt like a shooting range. It felt like cheese."

No i would say they were foolish to run into the last known location of the invisible crossbow man knowing full well that crossbow mans cross bow sucks at a range his weapons excel at (mid range) when the crossbow man has a sword for short range and can get the jump on the archer.. it would simply be stupid in these circumstances...

"I don't know, where you got that I want realism, because I don't. I want balance, a rational balance of counters. It's okay for snipers to be kings of long range engagements. Cloak however makes it too easy for them to survive. Doesn't it make sense? King of long range, but trash at short? Cloak is the only problem here, as it allows you to too easily kill someone looking for you. That's it."

no it doesnt, it allows us to disengage when we are at short range or to attack foolish soldiers who run in and dont check carefully, you really overestimate the capabilities of the cloaks that snipers can use, play us at the range we are meant to be fought at (medium ranges as if we have a sniper which is where your issues stem from) or play carefully short range (as you can usually find us if you are careful), if you dont, you are giving us the oportunity to attack you from behind, if i get sniped, i dont run to the exact location i get sniped from (usually) i run to its close surrounding area, if a snipers caught at mid range we have little chance to fight back, thats where you should TRY to fight us.

"Well, if you go through the besieged base to snipe people in it, then aren't you doing something wrong as a sniper? Look, the typical PS2 battle is a massive blob of people swarming out of their sundies or spawn room. There are no front lines, as we know them from history. In fact battles often take place around a giant rock formation with two sundies on the opposite sides and meat grinder in between. What a sniper does then? Well, he finds himself a cozy place far enough from such rock formation and sits in it. "

no, if i join a battle i spawn with everyone else, i dont start combat. i then have to find a good vantage point that i wont easily be found in, often thats behind you or to the side of you. no it isnt, rarely is it sundy v sundy, its usually sundy V base, in which case, i either find a location over seeing the sundy and hunt engies repairing it, or i find medics and engies in the base so that their forces dont have revives and repaired gear and vehicles...

"The difficulty of aiming does not justify your ability to become invisible. Also please don't forget, that snipers can easily kill people by simply only uncloaking to fire and then disappear moment later, even at shorter distances of scout rifles. And all of this in theoretical 1v1 scenario, in which we forget about other people and vehicles around, the battle raging on, bullets and explosions everywhere. Snipers don't have to take any risk to cash in easy kills, that's how it is at the moment."
    wait now, we dont simply dis cloak we have to drop the cloak wait till it lets us shoot, all the while maintaining aim often on a moving target. wait we arent discussing scout-rifles they play by all different rules, as we are often within 100 meters... and we have justify the loss of 100 health some how. im not justifying it cause we cant aim, im justifying it on the grounds that we have to hit a 1cm tall 3 millimetre thick target if we are fighting from 200-300meters, whilst predicting target location, at such a point the cloak is worthless like you said... but because of its difficulty almost no one takes such distance, we take 150 meters to about 200 meters at which point we need the cloak for the very reason of maintaining our survivability up close as we have giant tracers pointing out our locations (if they got disabled by an attachment okay i can live with no cloak) and any half decent light/heavy will kill us if they see our location if we cant escape. the damage removing it would do is larger than allowing it to stay and letting skilled infils kill foolish heavies who dont play the correct range or use the right play style?
  19. ArcKnight

oh please, all your saying is that you don't like the fact that snipers don't play exactly like an HA/LA/medic/engie and there is no such rule that says "infatry have to move all the time"

skip to 4:23

20. Dualice

I don't see them as much of a problem. The vast majority of people who snipe have pretty bad aim.

Even then, sneaking up on them as a cloaker yourself is usually pretty easy. Just bring EMP grenades.