Sniper destroy the game

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Grandpa, Jan 9, 2016.

1. PanzerGoddess

no other class can spawn drive-able cheese cannons behind enemy lines, kill a few, jump out before the plosion/cloak/hide and repeat again lol. Do it by an enemy gate and see what you get :)
  2. Campagne

*Cough cough* ;)

[IMG]
  3. DocLorria

Snipers can turn a battle - start taking out the medics and engies from the flanks (because they use cover) and your resurrection and max healing does a nose dive = win.
  4. Drag0

I agree - there is no way snipers should be getting one shot head shot kill ability at range. We have space shields and futuristic armor, I think we can make helmets that can stop one shot kills ;)

They completely ruin the game and drive more players away than anything about Planetside 2.
  5. Diggsano

Maxes ruin a Battle witch their OP Ability and Man Supression...

Heavies ruin a battle because of their shield and rocketlaunchers...

Medics ruin a battle because they can revive my enemies...how op...

Engineers are op they can set Anti Infantry Turrets and are too save, also they can provide infinite Ammo which destroys the flow of the battle...

Light assaults destroy a battle they can get where i can't

Your arguments ruin a battle because no one want to hear a whinning baby on the battlefield.
    • Up x 2
  6. ShinyAfrox

No other class has a weapon with a TTK of 0 seconds with no real drop off and razor accuracy.
    The argument "muh aim skill" is kinda invalid too because you can just walk closer to the target and their head gets bigger relative to your sights. Infact most snipers get used in CLQ when they should imho be used 1km+ with battle rifles being used 500m+ and the regular rifles under there.

Imho it needs bigger zoom optics (12-40x), longer scope-in time and terrible hipfire CoF (like, so bad the bullets curve around in the chamber and hit you in the head lmao) plus there needs to be simulated wind and weather conditions and the occasional earthquake. That or a simple implant that will stop any fatal bullet every like minute or something, basically a no one hit kill implant would be fair enough imho.

And yes, i was joking about the earthquakes. Wind too but hell, if they added that i think it would be sick but i doubt that it would come to be.
  7. Diggsano

Weapons with "0seconds" TTK

SHOTGUNS

And against Infiltrators:
    Commissioner
    Crossbow
    Shotguns
    Blackhand

Oh and try to zoom in someones head with a 12x scope in 20distance...

Better!
    Equip flashlight on the Sniper to hunt down Stalker infiltrator!
  8. Corezer

I recognize that there is a sub-culture in the sniper community that basically just plays a scaled down version of a vehicle camper that (being infantry) gets around all the walls and other stuff, and does damage to the game.

That being said, it's not a sniper problem, it's a player problem, and just like real problems, you have to learn to deal with it yourself. The devs cant program it away any better than the government can legislate murder away.

just gotta get better, and sometimes pick your battles.
  9. Daigons

I thought every class had access to OHK deployable knives or that doesn't count? Anyone can rush into a group of clueless opponents and OHK several of them before they know what's happening. I've seen this happen and done it myself.
  10. Campagne

BUT THAT'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG BUCKO!

Thanks to the PU02, all sniper rifle suffer from enough damage drop-off to prevent a OHSK on standard targets when out to specific ranges. These ranges are based on the rifle's "tier" and are lessened ever further with suppressors.

These ranges consist of around ~150 to 300 in-game meters, with the Railjack being the only rifle capable OHSKs at ranges greater than 300m.

As for the rest, I'd recommend that you trial a Longshot/Rams .50/Parallax and try using from range.
    • Up x 1
  11. Diggsano

He never touched rifles...he just complains about them :D
    • Up x 1
  12. BartasRS

IMO snipers are balanced quite fairly. Lemme point some disadvantages of playing a sniper:

1 tunnel vision while sniping - easily flanked or countersniped if you are not careful
    2 low HP - sometimes I feel as if I die when someone walks by me
    3 no AV capabilities - well, you can argue if hacking turrets counts
    4 ammo - you are usually not around friendly engi for resupply
    5 if you snipe from a long distance you may loose base capture/defend bonus
    6 you spend a lot of time getting to a good sniping spot -> loosing XP -> look 1
    7 loosing your main weapon as a stalker, but we discussing snipers here.

Not saying playing sniper is bad. It is fun and rewarding at times but also can be very frustrating and TBH sometimes I feel that some other classes have easier time "sniping" me with their quite accurate bullet sprays than me.
  13. ShinyAfrox

No other class has a weapon with a TTK of 0 seconds with no real drop off and razor accuracy.
    Because shotguns have razor accuracy and no real damage drop off under 300m?
    NO. Shotguns have serious draw-backs
    Shotgun and crossbow, refer to above.
    Commy & Blackhand, sure. i personally don't know at what range they stay lethal but you can also use nanoarmor cloaking to counter that too anyway. (100 passive shield).

My point is snipers should be the anti-shotgun. Great above 100m, **** below it. I'd prefer 200-300m but hey, 100m is acceptable.
    Close range kills should be as hard as it is to snipe with a shotgun past 100m, where as anything within the snipers "Kill zone" should melt like butter. BIGGER SCOPES, NO DROP OFF. If you can hit someone 5km away, in the head. You should get the kill.

And if people can't get long range kills, then make it easier. More bullet velocity, Less sway. Maybe long range thermals, not really fussed. Just make it practical at long ranging and not CQC. If you want a sniper for close range, its called a DMR. And even that should be bad at it, more of a 50-100m weapon but should be able to kill people up close if you got skill or luck.
  14. ShinyAfrox

I'm personally arguing the use of snipers in sub-100m battles. They should have no damage drop-off and should be good from 100-1km+ imho.
    Should be from cqc to long range
    Knife (0-2m), Shotgun (2m+), SMGs (5m+), Carbines (10m+), LMGs (25m+), Assault Rifles (40m+), DMRs (55m+), Snipers (100m+).

Bigger scopes 12x minimum, preferably up to 40x+. Maybe long range thermals, perhaps faster bullet velocity at the expense of massive hipfire CoF. Longer barrel = more accurate at range, but worse hipfire CoF.
  15. Diggsano

BULLSH!T

You still die to one shot in the head because Nano Armor does not protect the head.
  16. ShinyAfrox

Nano armour cloaking, not nanoweave armour.
  17. BartasRS

still, I rarely get headshot while I am cloaked.
  18. ShinyAfrox

It adds shields passively when not cloaked back to 500, like every other class.
  19. PanzerGoddess

i would
  20. cobaltlightning

Jaysus, is this still goin' on?
    It's been nearly a year since the OP, people.

I've said it before, I'll say it again:
    Sniper Rifles are Long-Range Ambush tools. That's pretty much it.
    OHKO Potential (or 2 for most) but only if you get the initiative. If you're spotted at any time, your chances at downing Anyone will drop significantly, as will your life expectancy.