Sniper destroy the game

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Grandpa, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Grandpa

A short while ago: A super battle, skill against skill, full of tactical anything. Then comes the snipers. No more strategy at all. They are far away from the battle. Perhaps they are scared? Or just have no skill? Because when you get close to them, they hide and run away like little girls.

Who needs this class? I dies 9 times tue to the snipers, while they where hiding far away in the mountains. I'm not angry when i'll be killed by an experienced player, but i am, when a child hiding in the mountains and onehit me with 1 click, with no chance for me to avoid this. Stop telling me, there are many ways to avoid beeing a good target for a sniper. This is not true at all. You can run left and right like an idiot maybe, but if some snipers are on your feet (and they are always), you will be dead with no chance at all. Fair? Sure...

Thus, children and guys, try to play a 1: 1 class like a man, and show us how good you really are, when your enemy is able to fight back! To me it would be embarrassing to play sniper. I started a sniper, but I found it unfair 10 kills in 1 minute. No skill or reaction necessary. If first hit is not a oneshot, the second is deadly. You really have to be a bad player to not get alot of kills as a sniper. Girls class flat. In addition, you play as assozial alone.

The point is: If you're a coward, then keep playing alone up there on the mountain, and annoy your rivals. Sad.

And yes, i write this one, because I was just killed ten times in a row by snipers, and its the fault of the software developer, I do not understand what is SOE occurred because with the class.

And yes, it is funny to write a post like that in a sniper forum, but this is where you little sneakers are. :)
    • Up x 1
  2. doomedking517

Dude, that's the point, snipers aren't a loved play style but we are naturally lone wolves anyway (in terms of how close we are to the rest of the team), the point of a sniper is to support our sides push, and push back everything else from open areas (if you see 3 team mates go down in 6 seconds from unknown locations its safe to say you will be hesitant about running across the area they were in), and you will say "that's unlikely you cant suppress an area"... well yes, in so far as traditional suppression (lots of bullets slaughtering anything that steps out), snipers work on a principle of fear i suppose (you fear getting taken out from an unknown location without a chance to respond a lot more than someone whos just shooting lots of bullets at a location), a good sniper will keep medics from working in open areas, stop eng's planting mines and repairing tanks, we aren't a goody two shoes kinda class, we are hunters, and sorry bro, but you are our prey... we will find you, we will wait till the right time, then we will drop you... all the while making your team fear getting shot in the face from 300M away... but due to that we are heavily nerfed elsewhere, we have lower HP, we have few choices up close (as do all infils) unless we play ambush tactics etc. (which are seriously hard to pull off and takes a long time to build up skill at).

you are under this impression that snipers get it easy, we don't. Not only do we have to fulfill our portion of battlefield management (stopping medics, engs and heavies who are all moving slowly or performing their jobs and taking out MVP's in areas, informing our team of enemy locations, spotting - if safe, and so on) but we have to watch out for being attacked by normal soldiers (often light assaults with full auto weapons popping up from any direction), but we have other snipers aiming for our skulls, stalkers aiming for our backs, it isn't easy, you guys have team mates watching your backs, we have well ourselves and maybe one other sniper - i usually pair up (it makes it easier to catch counter snipers and they can cover me if i miss and visa versa). all the while we receive stuff like "cowards", and who's the ones running into our firing lines huh? its immature to insult our play style simply because it makes your life harder, either adapt, or be killed off... that is nature...

we add balance to the heavies who hunker down and cant be moved (in areas where tank bombardment cant hit), we add balance to the turrets so well placed anyone who gets close gets slaughtered, we add balance in ways you cannot comprehend, this idea that "get up in my face and fight" isn't logical, why would you run into a battlefield when you can fight without being seen anyway? if its so easy switch over and reap the rewards... oh wait you probably tried and it wasn't as easy as you're saying....
    • Up x 8
  3. Deffington

Snipers are annoying in every game, but only PlanetSide went deeper and made them invisible. It's not just about the range, they can have a weapon that brings instant death. If you could kill them with one, two shots as well, it wouldn't be so popular. But to be honest, I tried only TR default sniper and I was uncomfortable with it.
  4. doomedking517

invisibility is worthless at that range (200m+), it has no bearing whatsoever (atleast in my case), i just stick to shadows, keep a wall behind me (preferably dark) and dark camo (its a waste of good cloaking which i may need later), unless we are being counter-sniped, you couldn't see us anyway unless we are badly positioned (in which case we deserve to die - more fool us). I actually find most people look for the distortion of a cloak when tryign to find a sniper, so sticking to darkness actually makes it easier to hide instead of a cloak (even if they dont have shadows etc. on its seems to be effective). realistically speaking this game has snipers well balanced, and 1 - 2 shots wouldn't work regardless, that's to squishy even for snipers, if you wanna hunt snipers don't fight them on their battlefield (anything over 100 meters) get closer (one or 2 shots at that range with a full auto weapon isnt going to do much anywho), we lose a lot of ability there... if you don't want to die by us, figure out our location and bounce between cover... (1 second out of cover isn't usually enough to get snipped), don't blame our class because we work it well... if you're facing good snipers they are good snipers... the majority of low br snipers can barely hit anything over 125 meters which can be closed with ease (or just shot - a realatively good aim should do considerable damage at burst or single fire)... unless its like the desert and its all flat terrain (that's harder but none the less doable).
    • Up x 1
  5. Jawarisin

All im gonna say is heavies are the most broken class atm, and everybody knows it that's why they all play it.
    the other thing is you're nowhere near 10 kills a minute, because even the BEST players can hardly get 1/4th of that with an automatic.
    That would be 600 kills per hour. ~130-150 are the best players, sometime it doesn't even reach that high.

ez kid, keep crying and dying.
    • Up x 6
  6. Nerazim

They have found a part of the battle where they can get a good line of sight on enemy troops taking cover or making the run between the spawn and the objective and they are doing a good job slowing down a push. Or, they are picking apart an enemy defense. Sometimes, a couple of sniper rounds in the right place can do more to clear a room than charging in as a heavy. How can you say there is no strategy in this?

If you die 9 times in a row to a sniper far away then you ARE doing something wrong and could have avoided it. There's no shame in zig-zagging until you reach cover. In doing this, you reduce your chances of getting hit by a decent sniper from 90% or so to 33%. No, we can't magically predict exactly where your random WADADAD movements will place you. If you got tagged 9 times, you were making yourself an easy target for that sniper. Once you've been hit twice, you should have a rough idea where the sniper is and act accordingly.

Play whatever class best gets the job done without some silly notion of "honor". This game is not about balanced 1:1 fights. You will get mulched by tanks, bombed by aircraft, flattened by maxes, drilled by heavy assaults, foiled by medics undoing your kills and sniper by people taking advantage of positioning. You'd be wise to react to these threats instead of complaining about them.

And I don't say this to be nasty. It's good advice. Your mindset is holding you back. Don't believe me?

See what I mean?
    • Up x 5
  7. Nalothisal

My only problem with snipers (I main as a Heavy with resist) is that I cant hit the buggers when I get my own rifle and I am too lazy to get the rifle with no bullet drop on it, (though that might change after I post this).

While I hate seeing my head get sent into orbit I will respect the guy who pulled the trigger and while I will curse their name and rage and what not, I wont make a thread like this on the forums, (though I will make joke rage threads about it). It does take quite a bit of skill that I lack to get those head shots at 300+ meters, or if your my brother Oquies, use a suppressor and make everyone hate you cause they cant find you even when you fire the gun. :p
    • Up x 1
  8. CuteBeaver

First of all not all snipers are girls.... and second of all... not all girls are snipers. Careful what you wish for <3 I Love how he insults both women and snipers. What Next? Do male snipers aim better because they have a kickstand? **passes popcorn**
    • Up x 14
  9. Invictorum

*Takes popcorn*
    Sniper are actually one of the most tactically active players on the map.

They have to be exceedingly aware of where they are and where potential enemies can show up at, because once they scope in, they're completely blind to everything around them.
    • Up x 4
  10. Nalothisal

I'll take some popcorn my vanu friend. I sense this is going to get ugly.
    • Up x 1
  11. munglay

Stop standing still and get good.
    • Up x 6
  12. Kaeyz

*reaches out for popcorn*

Seems to me like we have a prime case of "fwont whine suldier" in person of OP here, possibly scared senseless behind glowing unicorn sprinkles called overshield, but hey! Glowy sprinkles of nearly 2xhp of rival is "skillfull 1:1" most likely in OP's mind.

Complete lack of understanding of game mechanics, I mean seriously come on OP, do you have any idea how much skill does it require to headshot some random headless heavy assault from ~300m? Like seriously, some of those guys literally don't have heads, all hail bugside. But I guess they don't see it that often in boot camp of "spray half magazine blindly over corner in hope of killing smth". Or more like in targeting dummy corps... sniped 10 times in a row? Are you...I don't know, trying to kiss barrel of every sniper rifle you hear while being too busy with waving a banner "sniping is bad" to even have your gun in hands? Sure sounds like it OP.

On kickstand theory though... It sadly doesn't help too much with scope sway with higher magnifications, although sniping under influence does wonders. When whole world is swaying, wobbly scope sort of seems stable point in general wobblyness. ^ ^
    • Up x 1
  13. SarahM

When there's a sniper, just flank around, sneak up on them and give them some presents, like C4 or a shotgun blast to the back of the head.
  14. Moz

Lol.

ITS YOU. That guy that when im sniping i think "is this guy for real"?

The guy that keeps:

Running from spawn, to the same spot, standing still for 10 seconds wondering why you keep getting your head blown off.

This my fine friend... is a bit FAT... wait for it.... wait for it..... L2P issue!

All i can say to you dude, this is Planetside, if you are stood still you are most likely doing it wrong! If you aren't stood still and you keep getting your head blown off from along distance sniper.... You should be thinking "holy crap that guy is one DMAN FINE shot".... Because that shiz ain't easy!

A "kickstand" Beaver? A bloody kickstand?

I wish!! More like a flick stand!! AHAHAHAHAaa
  15. johnway

I must admit Sniping is a sort of guilty pleasure of mine. can't get an enemy because everyone is standing too far away or fellow team mates are hogging the best places? maybe other snipers are attacking? Its time to crack out the sniper rifle. A generally low risk reward and i can just relax taking pot shots.

Being a sniper there is very little PTFO value, you're not assassinating a high profile target to cripple a faction and maybe taking out the odd engineer or sniper here and there. being an infiltrator and an smg yields better results and i find them more annoying tbh.

That said, the things i've learnt from being a sniper are:

Don't be an engineer in a turret for long periods of time - you're sniper bait.

If you get killed by a sniper, do something different. If he keeps killing you for doing the same thing, you could do some counter sniper and turn the tables against them. A good portion of infiltrators will gladly sit in an area to farm. they become pretty predictable that you could return the favour quite nicely if you do enough practicing.

I did recently cause a BR100 to rage and report me. Apparently he wasn't aware that i was watching the terminal that was less than 10 metres away and i could visibly see him run around cloaked through my scope. Admittedly it was a lucky shot but it was enough to annoy him to consider me a hacker. Made my day.
  16. PanzerGoddess

well unless you have another account, coming from someone who has 7 hours as an infy??

"Being a sniper there is very little PTFO value." <--....somewhat of a mis-qualification on your part lol. You need to get out more go hang with the wilder infiltrators. They cause more havoc than most heavies do, and hick hick it aint no smg they be using....lol :confused:

give you probs for noticing the two things though lol
  17. TheShrapnelKing

Dude I killed the same guy 10 times in one engagement the other day while I was sniping. Is he on here complaining?

Hell no, I ran into him again today. He kept trying.

You, on the other hand, just came to Forumside to *****.
  18. PanzerGoddess

hes not here to ****, he is using trickery....I know it.
  19. Gundem

*Deploys 'kickstand'*

*Goes flaccid*

"****"

*faceplants*
    • Up x 4
  20. FunBotan

Just realised i've never had any problem with snipers (although they often have a problem with me). That's even strange a bit.
    TS must be constantly playing an AA HA or something.